Chris Unseen - Thai Stand Up Comedian?

HalfSquat

Funnily enough I also happened to be listening to a clip of that show, Chris Unseen, last night too. The clip I heard was where he was talking about how some Thai words, like the Thai vegetable FAK ฟัก sound rude in English.

From the 2 clips on Youtube, he seems to be poking fun at the misunderstandings and funny situations that occur when people of different cultures and languages meet, in particular Thais and farang.

There's the Thai who tells the farang when he crosses the road to DOO TA MA TA REUA DUAY ดูตาม้าตาเรือด้วย (an idiom to look carefully) but the farang becomes confused and looks for a horse and a boat (MA=horse; REUA=boat).

Then there's the farang called Mr ISAT who's met by the Thai tour guide, (I think ISAT ไอ้สัตว์ is a rude word in Thai) and the complications that ensue when the Thais have to say his name.

Finally he tells the story of a scantilly-clad farang girl in a strap top who makes the cultural faux-pas of sitting next to a monk on a public bus much to the consternation of the fellow Thai passengers.

I think the comedian's a Luk Kreung and also has quite a popular TV show teaching English to Thais, since he's bilingual.

Chris Wright is a top bloke, he is half Thai and English, I used to work at the same language school as him in the Mall Ramkamhaeng back in 2005 before he had his TV shows and books out. Obviously he is fluent in English and has both a thai and english sense of humour. Ive only seen a few of his 'Chris Delivery' show that used to be on Friday nights and I found it pretty funny and entertaining (and I dont usually like thai style 'entertainment')