Cheap Plane Tickets!

nicknbg1981

Nick it would help if people knew which country you were flying from....Just a thought..

If you are in the UK then try money supermarket or last minute.com, they'll give you a good idea of prices.

You could also try the airlines official websites, eg, Qatar, Eva air, Ethiad, Emirates and so on.

Edited by MB1

Does anyone know a good site for cheap air tickets or maybe a travel agent I could use to find the cheapest ticket possible? I need a plane ticket to Bangkok in Janurary!

There is a thread running now on the travel forum recommending EVA air.

I fly out of Chicago and I always use kayak.com it searches several sites and lets you choose the best fair. Prices for January are pretty high right now. A friend is flying from MNP in January and it is up around $1300 last I checked.

Be careful of internet quotes as some include taxes and surcharges, others don't. All kayak fares include all charges.

Yer pretty much held captive in Mn by Northwest Airlines. They have quite the monopoly on international flights in and out of MN. There are some good deals to be had, if one gets lucky. We are flying NWA and Delta out of Atlanta in November and got our tickets for an even $1000 each. They had been $1274 and were dropped to $1000 each. Delta and NWA are now joined, for all intents and purposes. So, you might wanna check direct from them, as that is where we got ours without a third-party involved. Chok dee.........

Minneapolis, MN USA is where I would like ot fly out of!

I've bought most of my tickets from the USA through Orbitz. You can also use Orbitz to see what is available then go to the individual airline sites and see if you can get a better price that way, but usually Orbitz has the best prices. Eva, Thai and JAL are the best from the USA. China Air is not bad. Avoid United and Northwest, their sky hags are miserable old broads and their old 747's (especially United) do not have the personal entertainment systems the better airlines have. ANA is ok, but not great. Eva is usually the best service at the best prices. Eva is one airline where you can sometimes get a better price on their website than they offer on Orbitz. Thai is the only airline that flys non-stop lax-bkk and their service is good but their price is on the high side.

Edited by Bobr

Another one you could try is asaptickets.com. You can only use it from flights originating from the US, so we can't use it to fly from BKK. The website quotes you a price, then you have to call in to actually by the ticket. Now, I have 3 friends who have used this to buy tickets to come see me in Bangkok (in October, April, and June). They all got the price that was quoted on the website, and they all got killer deals - WAY less than any of the other websites. Hundreds less. They were still able to choose their seats and had no problems with the 3rd party booking company. But, another friend just bought one to come over here in December. She saw cheap deals on their website and called at least 5 or 10 times. Each time they said that fare wasn't available, and the prices they quoted her were hundreds of dollars higher. She finally gave up and booked directly with an airline.

So, that's a good one to try. It might not work out, but if they actually have the advertised fares available, you can get a really cheap deal. Good luck! The weather here in January should be really nice, and will be a great break from the frigid Minnesota weather.

before settlin down here i traveled to bkk from same area you are in.

thaifly.com was often the place i went to chk for flights, they seemed to have good deals then and looking now quickly looks like they are still going so give them a try

ITA has a comprehensive listing of airline offerings for flights between any two points on the world. Will give you a detailed matrix of price vs. airline for any set of dates (or approximate dates). Pick some specific entry and you get a detailed listing of the flights and connections. Shows all the fare details, restrictions, etc. Find the best possibility then go to airline site to make the booking. Check it out at (log in as guest): http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/

The first thing you need to do is read the "Tour and Travel" section of the Bangkok Post for scores of travel agencies listing flights to the U.S. from Bangkok . I don't know where you're flying to in the States, but flying to SF or LA is less than $750 round trip. Then just book flights from there to your final destination city. Use kayak, ebookers, edream, priceline and the other search engines. You'll end up saving hundreds of dollars, as long as you don't mind waiting a few hours and picking up your luggage from one airline to the other(unless you can use the same airline all the way thru - United is one I used).