Ubc Analogue Cable On Lcd Tv

opalhort

We are still on the good old analogue cable from UBC (the box doesn't even have an AV out, only RF) and still use CRT TVs.

Any idea or experience how this would work with a LCD TV?

All of our neighbours who all have digital CSTV (satellite) and bought a LCD TV have problems about quality and resolution.

Can a LCD TV handle the analogue RF input and how does it resolve the resolution issue?

I'm only interested in a 32" LCD TV.

opalhort

I using a 42' Plasma tv with digital UBC connected via s-video cable. No problem with picture quality. But, this is a low spec tv. Resolution 1024x768p - brightness 1200cd/m2 - Contrast 10:000

I plan to buy a 50' full HD and asked the same questions in another thread. Seems that all the good spec tv have problem with Ubc signals. Other members have reported serious problem with picture quality and TV with high contrast ratio. Using Dreambox etc will not improve pic quality. Ubc is the problem.

Be aware of many tv now come with contrast up to 2.000.000 - not usable with ubc according to many reports.

So in my case I will look for a low spec HD ready only 50' (max resolution 1366x768 - max brightness 1500cd/m2 and max contrast 20:000 or less)

Unless the shop have Ubc, ask the shop if you can test the TV at home with ubc first. Numchai in Pattaya offer this "same day" extra service :)

Edited by Smile4u

Sorry, I forgot to add: analog signal being poorer than digital, I would ask Ubc if they have a set top box with s-video output.

Then look for your 32 Lcd with low spesifications as mentioned in my previous post.

Check your neighbours TV spesifications and you might find out that they choosed top specs. In here lay the problem.

Edited by Smile4u

Sorry, I forgot to add: analog signal being poorer than digital, I would ask Ubc if they have a set top box with s-video output.

Thanks for all the advise.

Asked UBC (TRUEvision) already but for analogue cable they only have boxes with RF output, not even AV-out.

I guess they are going to stop the analogue service sooner or later and will force us to move to digital at an extra cost.

opalhort

Bosse137: If yor main use is UBC digital, a low spec tv seems the way to go. Keep the Resolution not higher than 1366x768p (not full HD), and contrast not more than 20:000. Also avoid 600Hz.

This is my conclusion after searched many forums.

However is you have BlueRay, or download HD movies, you need higher spec: 1920x1080p resolution (Full HD). But then again the picture watching ubc will be bad.

Many of the cheapest 42'-50' I see for sale now (THB 30-40K) are top spesifications tv and not a good combination with Ubc (True vision). Lg have a promotion 50' + free home theater for 39.999 but contrast is 2.000.000 = not for use with Ubc.

See these topics from "audio/Visual,HiFi and Home Theatre" sub forum for more opinions:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Lcd-Televisi...er-t304980.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/40-Lcd-Tv-La...io-t284606.html

Edited by Smile4u