Working In Sukhumvit - Where To Live?

I am moving to Bangkok and will be working on Soi Asoke (Soi 21). Does anyone have specific apartment recommendations (web links would be great)?

Are there any cool areas around Lumphini Park that are easily accessible to the Skytrain? I am young (26) and primarily interested in location - proximity to fun restaurants and other young people, but preferably not tourists - and safety. I will sacrifice size and cost for these other two factors. My target price range is around 20,000THB/month. Is this reasonable?

It seems that with Chulalongkorn University nearby, this area would be vibrant. Is this assessment accurate? Where do young expats typically settle?

Where would you recommend to someone in my shoes?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Bo

Bo, the Lumpini area happens to be the most prime real estate in the city. I think 20k may be a little low even for a studio in this area, try around 30k for the budget. There are lots of other options around Asok where you work that should fit your budget, although yes, Asok can be a little touristy.

There's no distinct area where young ppl hang out, people of all ages generally blend in to the available entertainment venues, unless you are referring to the huge hanger-like discos round RCA or Ratchada where you get mind numbing trance music, lots of jailbait, and commando back massages administered while you are standing at the urinal (but thats another story).

Seems we are going to be work neighbours...

Happening places are Silom area, Thong Lo, RCA (been there lately, the dude?it changed a lot from what it used to be) and the lower parts of Sukhumvit.

If I were you, I would minimize the damage of commuting too work since it can be a pain in the ass due to traffic during daytime. You can get to any of those places fairly easily if you live centrally. Asoke is not a bad place to live itself and I am sure it is within that budget.

Lumpini has its own subway station, but proximity to university does not make it a vibrant place at all. Actually the Uni itself is pretty dead from 15:00 onwards. :o

One more thing...You don´t want to live in a building 100% thai, and some other guys here might give you a good number of reasons...

Bull