Garden Tools And Requirements

trainman34014

Hi All

Can all you experienced gardeners out there tell me where to go to get the best selection of decent garden tools, mower etc. As there are no 'Garden Centers' as such, where do you get your flower and vegetable seeds?

Any info much appreciated.

There is a very big plant/tree/seeds/turf etc area at the side of Tesco on the ring road.Garden Ornaments.tools as well

Hi All

Can all you experienced gardeners out there tell me where to go to get the best selection of decent garden tools, mower etc. As there are no 'Garden Centers' as such, where do you get your flower and vegetable seeds?

There is a very big plant/tree/seeds/turf etc area at the side of Tesco on the ring road.Garden Ornaments.tools as well

Thanks for that, I'll have a looky this week.

Hi All

Kamtieng Plant Market at Tesco Kamtieng has just about everything. I don't know about mowers though. They have them at the shops just past Tesco Kamtieng on the same side of the highway.

For seeds there is a big place on the Mae Jo Road heading in the direction of Mae Jo (past Meechok Plaza). I pass it all the time but its name escapes me at the moment.....someone will probably know and update this.

Hi All

Kamtieng Plant Market at Tesco Kamtieng has just about everything. I don't know about mowers though. They have them at the shops just past Tesco Kamtieng on the same side of the highway.

For seeds there is a big place on the Mae Jo Road heading in the direction of Mae Jo (past Meechok Plaza). I pass it all the time but its name escapes me at the moment.....someone will probably know and update this.

I think you are referring to the AFM seed company which has a building on the left side of the road going to Mae Jo a short distance after the third ring road intersection. Unfortunately they only sell flower seeds now, no vegetable seeds anymore, but they have an extensive selection. There are good quality imported tools at Global House and Homepro but they can be expensive. Global also carries cheaper locally made tools. They also have lawn mowers, mostly electric and a few gasoline-powered ones but no self-propelled models.

Hi All

I think you are referring to the AFM seed company which has a building on the left side of the road going to Mae Jo a short distance after the third ring road intersection. Unfortunately they only sell flower seeds now, no vegetable seeds anymore, but they have an extensive selection. There are good quality imported tools at Global House and Homepro but they can be expensive. Global also carries cheaper locally made tools. They also have lawn mowers, mostly electric and a few gasoline-powered ones but no self-propelled models.

Thanks for all the useful information. Very much appreciated

Hi All

For seeds and plants the other posters have wisely suggested Kamtieng plant market. One of the best selections of seeds is the first shop on the right as you exit the rear of Lotus/Tesco, but there are many shops there with seeds and plants.

For hand held sprayers and hand tools I would recommend Home Pro, the good thing there is the selection; for example their pruning shears and hand saws range from under 200 baht China made, to much more expensive, but high quality 'Top-Man' Japanese brand. Home Pro used to be considerably more expensive than Carrefour, Lotus etc. which also have simple tools, but in the last couple of years have become more competitive in pricing.

For power equipment including mowers, I highly recommend Sriyont CM, on the Faham road north of Kaew Nawarat Rd, on the right going north, with a hard to miss row of blue farm trailers out front. See Khun Surasak the owners son, he speaks fluent English and knows the equipment well and can make recommendations and comparisons. He is honest and not pushy. The good thing about buying there besides the very competitive pricing is the service and repair department. They have really good mechanics and honor guarantees etc. I have bought power sprayers, pumps, lawn mower, brush cutters and other equipment, have it all serviced there and have never been disappointed. Go with Honda equipment if possible.

A popular row of shops with a wide selection of equipment is at Kwang Singh intersection, along the Super highway frontage road at the top of Chang Puek Rd. Montree is the biggest and well known in Chiang Mai, the one closest to the corner. But no English.

Good luck, don

Edited by drtreelove

Hi All

For seeds and plants the other posters have wisely suggested Kamtieng plant market. One of the best selections of seeds is the first shop on the right as you exit the rear of Lotus/Tesco, but there are many shops there with seeds and plants.

For hand held sprayers and hand tools I would recommend Home Pro, the good thing there is the selection; for example their pruning shears and hand saws range from under 200 baht China made, to much more expensive, but high quality 'Top-Man' Japanese brand. Home Pro used to be considerably more expensive than Carrefour, Lotus etc. which also have simple tools, but in the last couple of years have become more competitive in pricing.

For power equipment including mowers, I highly recommend Sriyont CM, on the Faham road north of Kaew Nawarat Rd, on the right going north, with a hard to miss row of blue farm trailers out front. See Khun Surasak the owners son, he speaks fluent English and knows the equipment well and can make recommendations and comparisons. He is honest and not pushy. The good thing about buying there besides the very competitive pricing is the service and repair department. They have really good mechanics and honor guarantees etc. I have bought power sprayers, pumps, lawn mower, brush cutters and other equipment, have it all serviced there and have never been disappointed. Go with Honda equipment if possible.

A popular row of shops with a wide selection of equipment is at Kwang Singh intersection, along the Super highway frontage road at the top of Chang Puek Rd. Montree is the biggest and well known in Chiang Mai, the one closest to the corner. But no English.

Good luck, don

Thanks Don. You are clearly the local expert on Power Tools.

Cheers for now.....Brian.

Probably the most extensive range of lawn mowers in Chiangmai, both electric and petrol powered. Full service facilities are also available.

Home Pro is shit, and overpriced. Global House on the ring road that arrives next to Big C on the Hang Dong road is far superior in terms of stock and prices.

Kamtieng is good for plants and seeds, but not so great for hardware (I was amazed to find that I couldn't buy a wheelbarrow there). As has been mentioned the hardware is located on the left hand side of the super highway leading to Chang Puak gate.