Spot The Fake Smile - Can You Tell A Real Smile From A Fake One?

spaceshipcrew

This experiment is designed to test whether you can spot the difference between a fake smile and a real one. Most people are surprisingly bad at spotting fake smiles. One possible explanation for this is that it may be easier for people to get along if they don't always know what others are really feeling.

A must for those surviving in 'the land of smile' !

Spot the fake Smile

If you score less then 50% - Go Home !

:)

The question about how optimistic or how pessimistic you are in the start was also very interesting. You correlate the result with the choice you made, I choose I am a little pessimistic and in the result I have identified more genuine smiles as fake ones !

Need to be more optimistic :)

9 out of 20

Then again, Farangs are so good at giving false smiles, it can be very difficult to tell.

With Thai people, it's easier, they're more sincere.

Im surprised you got one ! :D

So am I!!

Farangs can be so hard to read, so devious, don't think that because a Farang is smiling at you that he doesn't hate you. :)

16/20

Although how do the researchers know whether the smile is faked or real? The subjects may be lying about it.

Aff! I downloaded and installed flash. I even restarted my computer. Even tried ff and IE.

But..still i get this msg:

Anyone know whats up?

I couldn't get it to work in Firefox, and I have the latest version of Flash.

Could however get it to work in IE, which has an old version 9 of flash. Maybe the page was written a while ago and hasn't been updated to work with the newer versions of flash?

Thanks Katana. Actually i usually check IE when ff wont show something. I thought i had clicked on IE to check the link, but instead it was google chrome doh! Anyway..IE works. Just atm cant do the test cuz my net is playing up argh! Will take the test later. Sounds like fun :)

Thanks Katana. Actually i usually check IE when ff wont show something. I thought i had clicked on IE to check the link, but instead it was google chrome doh! Anyway..IE works. Just atm cant do the test cuz my net is playing up argh! Will take the test later. Sounds like fun :)

Thanks Katana and eek too.Doesn't work with FF.

Only 13/20,i am soo gullible. :D

Soon as the Ms. wakes up i want to give her a chance.