Pissup Cm?

Jockstar

Ooh yes do tell!!! :o

OK

Talked to the owner last night.

she said no problem, she would close the deck, which overhangs the Ping, to us exclusivly and keep water tossers away from us.

Its small and exclusive, deck only seats 12 on the rail and another 8 back from the waters edge.

If this is going to be the plan she wants to know what every one likes to drink so she has plenty on hand, and what we might like to eat, if we are going ot eat.

Up to you guys, I dont care where we go.

OH! This is my little secret place, so those of you that live in CM will have to come to it blindfolded, so you cant find your way back.

:D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

Its a stones throw south of the "super hwy." aka Mahidol Rd, Pa Pao Nok.

Not a fancy place by any means, Id call it a "screen door" resturaunt at home.

But the river setting and privacy are exceptional.

Its about 10 min. by tuk tuk to the city, night bazar.

Like I said , small.

If this is gonna be the place let me know what you all drink and want to eat so she sure to have it for us.

It might be too far out of town or too small for every ones interest. Like I said the deck seats 20, 12 in the rail over the water. The front/street side probably seats 30 or more.

But deck is private and seperate from the front section, seperated by kitchen toilets etc.

Let me know.

:o

It does sound good but maybe for another night on a meet. Jockstar was after somewhere central and it'd be a hassle for him to find to be honest, tuk tuk drivers probably wouldn't know it etc. Or perhaps we could do it later on, depends what time you other chaps are thinking of meeting up? Jock's talking 4 or 5 and that's fine with me (could be out before noon), and Chuchok will also be out around this time as well I expect. I reckon if people are going to be out early to meet up in the Chiang mai Saloon between say 4 and 5/6 ish and then decide or just stay there and then mosey on somewhere else later.

It does sound good but maybe for another night on a meet. Jockstar was after somewhere central and it'd be a hassle for him to find to be honest, tuk tuk drivers probably wouldn't know it etc. Or perhaps we could do it later on, depends what time you other chaps are thinking of meeting up? Jock's talking 4 or 5 and that's fine with me (could be out before noon), and Chuchok will also be out around this time as well I expect. I reckon if people are going to be out early to meet up in the Chiang mai Saloon between say 4 and 5/6 ish and then decide or just stay there and then mosey on somewhere else later.

Suits me fine mate.

Chaingmai saloon then Lads!! 5pm

Suggest we can recognise TV Members by not washing or shaving for a week before we go and have backpacks, filled to the brim so we keep whacking them in other peoples faces !! Anybody got a proper suggestion?

We have to make a decision pretty soon

Chaingmai saloon then Lads!!  5pm

Suggest we can recognise TV Members by not washing or shaving for a week before we go and have backpacks, filled to the brim so we keep whacking them in other peoples faces  !!    Anybody got a proper suggestion?

We have to make a decision pretty soon

You've got my vote.......Sounds good to me.Anybody else?

Sounds good. The Saloon at 5pm. Someone said they know the owner. So why dont they go in and book us a big table in the corner or something? That way then we can just ask for the table for ThaiVisa. Sound easy? Anyway if someone could send me a map or something. That would be cool. looking forward to it.

I know the owner quite well, as for reserving a table it aint that big!! Thats its only drawback, however can everone thats coming and how many of you pm me the on Monday I will post how many I have then we can discuss it further, but PLEASE don't say you are gonna come and then dont turn up. ONLY DEFINATES PLEASE. If you dont know then just turn up.

I think thats fair, any comments?

Sounds good. The Saloon at 5pm. Someone said they know the owner. So why dont they go in and book us a big table in the corner or something? That way then we can just ask for the table for ThaiVisa. Sound easy? Anyway if someone could send me a map or something. That would be cool. looking forward to it.

Jockstar,,, is this knees-up only for scotsmen or are Taswegians invited???? :o

Just showde the missus the map and she knows the area. So we'll be there around 5ish. Just look out for people looking around for everyone else. Balding with a walking stick, you say Pauly? Shouldnt be too hard to find unless there is more than one person fitting that description. :o So how many people from TV have we got then. Me, Thaipauly, Jackr, Chuchok, maka, simba, chanchao, and a few of our other halves. Should be a laugh. See ya all next week then. But its a good idea to confirm as TP said. I'm sure that there will be a few lurkers who have seen this post. Maybe they will be sitting at the back watching. Maybe they say hello or maybe they will be too scared. :D

Just showde the missus the map and she knows the area. So we'll be there around 5ish. Just look out for people looking around for everyone else. Balding with a walking stick, you say Pauly? Shouldnt be too hard to find unless there is more than one person fitting that description. :o So how many people from TV have we got then. Me, Thaipauly, Jackr, Chuchok, maka, simba, chanchao,  and a few of our other halves. Should be a laugh. See ya all next week then. But its a good idea to confirm as TP said. I'm sure that there will be a few lurkers who have seen this post. Maybe they will be sitting at the back watching. Maybe they say hello or maybe they will be too scared. :D

Jockstar, is this for scots only??? :D

Just showde the missus the map and she knows the area. So we'll be there around 5ish. Just look out for people looking around for everyone else. Balding with a walking stick, you say Pauly? Shouldnt be too hard to find unless there is more than one person fitting that description. :o So how many people from TV have we got then. Me, Thaipauly, Jackr, Chuchok, maka, simba, chanchao,  and a few of our other halves. Should be a laugh. See ya all next week then. But its a good idea to confirm as TP said. I'm sure that there will be a few lurkers who have seen this post. Maybe they will be sitting at the back watching. Maybe they say hello or maybe they will be too scared. :D

Everybody welcome....even aussies :D:D

I know the owner quite well, as for reserving a table it aint that big!! Thats its only drawback, however can everone thats coming and how many of you pm me the on Monday I will post how many I have then we can discuss it further, but PLEASE don't say you are gonna come and then dont turn up. ONLY DEFINATES PLEASE. If you dont know then just turn up.

I think thats fair, any comments?

There are a definite two in my group, ThaiPauly, and possibly a third. As far as representing my avatar, about the only thing I have in common with ol' Bruce is that we're about the same height (in his heyday), give him a number one crew-cut and a western face and, erm, that's me...ish. :o

:D There could be an Aussie with me, Chuch'; albeit a well-travelled, highly reformed and less uncoothed specimen than yer average convict. :D

Looks like a dozen or so, I will speak to Ron tomorrow, see if he can do anything, bit difficult, but Ron never has a problem with chucking people off tabes to make way for a bigger group,

I will be bringing my driver (er I mean my Wife) !!

Dont bother with the PMing now and NO looking through Old Posts, thats cheating!!

No , I am coming, despite not being on top of my game, simplybecause I would love to put faces to names and maybee make a new freind or two, I have not been in CM that long, and consequently dont have many freinds- they are all in Bangkok

See you soon

:D There could be an Aussie with me, Chuch'; albeit a well-travelled, highly reformed and less uncoothed specimen than yer average convict. :D

Do you mean he's just like a Kiwi then? :D

OK

Chiang Mai Saloon , 5:00 PM

Sounds like Ausies, Kiwis and pommies mostly.

Im assuming a token Yank or two is welcome.

I might bring one or two more Yanks just to balance things out.

I'll confirm by PM later after I talk to them.

Sounds like it will be a GREAT time.

Does everyone want to EAT as well? I for one do as the food is great, maybee the girls will want to go and have some Somtam at a place round thecorner if they dont want Wesren Grub, once they have got to know one another? Any comments?

I think the numbers are up around the 20ish mark now