BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
lazygourmet

Cat Leukemia

Yup, cats are funny little buggers aren't they!! And the people who love them are even wierder!!! I have just put a white t shirt on the radiator to dry, three minutes later it is covered in little muddy footprints...

Well, the kitten will not be coming to live with me. They have already found a home for him. But the jungle telephone is out and about that I am looking so I am sure i shall be contacted pretty soon.

Crying update...

Mister Cookie passed away last night... for the same obvious reason.

He got a negative blood test result, after check up, following the sudden dead of his twin brother and some more injection...

I am wondering what the vet is doing... even doubting that he is a qualified one... sorry, I am pissed off again!

He was a bit like the black sheep of the family, but we loved him like the others...

Born in Koh Phangan... dead in Nonthaburi... buried @6am under the same mango tree than his brother

post-61130-1256178176_thumb.jpg

Rest In Peace Mister Cookie

This morning, my girlfriend just checked the remaining one, Princess Calico, and she noticed than she has some pus coming out of her ass

(sorry for rude explanation, but I cannot find other words in English to explain this).

Right now, we do not have any other choice than visiting... this morning... the same vet...

We are living in a village in the middle of the rice fields 40kms North of Bangkok and he is the only one around.

Hoping that nothing is serious for her, and that she will survive, we would like a serious animal doctor contact for a better check up.

Any idea or suggestion for a responsible animal clinic in Bangkok vicinity? Will be the most welcome... Travel and/or money does not matter...

post-61130-1256179581_thumb.jpg

Please stay with us Princess

Oh Lazy, im so so so sorry. I dont know a recommendation for you, but hopefully someone will give you soon. Its disheartening when vets are possibly not doing their job correctly. Unfortunately something similar happened to another member and her dog in a slightly rural area. The thing is, the member whos dog it was KNEW what to do, but the vet and staff didnt. I cant imagine how powerless she must have felt going through that and saying goodbye to her beloved dog.

I hope that you can get Princess to a good vet.. i honestly cant believe what the other vet was thinking! (What on earth are the tests he has been giving???!). You have to wonder whats going on there, and is it oversight/malpractice/not qualified? Anyway..i guess dont worry about that for now, and just worry about Princess.

Lazy, just one thing, as i said before, focus on the quality of life they have had/are having with you. Even if the lives of your other two kitties have been cut short, Im sure they were really happy and contented kitty Cats.

I wish Princess the best.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.

Ouch, condolences.

Only lost 2 cats, actually 1 week old abandoned kittens.

Very hard to hand raise that young.

Did 2 others successfully though, both between 1 and 2 weeks old when they came in.

Luckily in Pattaya we are blessed with many good vets.

First of all, Princess Calico will survive!

(That is just a kind of hemmoroid... ouch... but curable)

Second, thanks -again- for nice words...

While I was on TV writing about Mister Cookie lost, this morning: my girlfriend contacted the main lab in Nonthaburi and we had a direct meeting with the head of the clinic, this midday.

Great guy actually, who is doing as well a lot of charity work for H.M. animal foundations :)

Briefly and angrily, the other vet we visited is not qualified and never send any blood sample to the Nonthaburi lab.

He has a clinic (sic!) just outside our gated community taking care about poodles from our neighbors,

and just pocked the money... and said to us what we wanted to hear...

Actually, we had never seen any result on paper... that was just a verbal statement about the wellness of the other cats!

Basically. I am keeping him responsible, due not only to negligence but lies... I've got "La Haine"!

Doctor & girlfriend were trying to cool me down by saying that they are going to sue him and make his shop close... but!?!

Otherwise, I am off to Cha-Am tomorrow in the morning picking up my dog who is the last remaining friend of Princess (she does not get along with poodles!)

post-61130-1256224670_thumb.jpg

Five years ago in Koh Phangan...

Cheers again to all of you... and apparently our two cats, well buried now, will be our guardian angels for ever...

Will keep you posted with more happiness -hope so- in a near future!

post-61130-1256224703_thumb.jpg

That is good news about Princess, but so sad about your two other babes. She must be feeling a bit lonely without her brothers...

Good luck, and "la haine" can be taken out with punching something. Get a pillow or a cushion. I felled a rubber plant once!

And give your girlfriend and Princess lots of love and cuddles.

That is good news about Princess, but so sad about your two other babes. She must be feeling a bit lonely without her brothers...

Good luck, and "la haine" can be taken out with punching something. Get a pillow or a cushion. I felled a rubber plant once!

And give your girlfriend and Princess lots of love and cuddles.

Cheers...

I will keep you posted when I am back home.

Yes, please keep us posted Lazy!

Briefly and angrily, the other vet we visited is not qualified and never send any blood sample to the Nonthaburi lab.

Sadly, this seems to happen here. Although i love so many aspects of Thailand, this is one that i find hard to get my head around (although, im sure happens in other countries too). It seems that practices and clinics can be opened up without the relevant qualifications (this goes for beauty clinics and other kinds of clinics too though. But heck, even in the west a person can open up a beauty clinic after just taking a few short courses). But well, conscience-wise your "vet" should have at least told you if he can get the blood tested or not! Setting yourself up as a general "vet" to cover basics of veterinary care and give advice is bad enough really, but outright lying and deceiving at the cost of a pets health beggars belief.

I understand your upset and wish to sue. Maybe there is a more discrete way to deal with him. Flyers through the neighbours doors? I dont know how they handle this kind of thing in Thailand. But i would say get a Thai to handle it, or certainly to discuss what is a good way. If you are a friend with any of the neighbours who have taken a pet to him, maybe talk it over with them. But i think best to discuss it discreetly and calmly. Dont do anything in anger.

edit:

Doctor & girlfriend were trying to cool me down by saying that they are going to sue him and make his shop close... but!?!

Sorry, i just re-read your post (was seeing red myself and didnt take it all in!). Follow this one up with the vet. He sounds like a good guy with a genuine interest in animal care. Ask him to kindly keep you (or your wife)informed, and offer to help. A vet dealing with it sounds the very best plan, so long as he follows it through. Id say, keep a gentle tab on the progress, but dont pester him too much too. Maybe offer to make a donation to the charity by way of a thank you for taking time out to deal with this other vet?

Edited by eek

Seems to me if he's not qualified it would be pretty easy to make charges of fraud stick, unless the police are making a LOT of money from his 'business.'

It's even worse, though, when you run into malpractice by a QUALIFIED professional- and then you can't go with fraud.