Looking For 1000+ Rai, Inexpensive

farmer_tom

I need to buy a large piece of inexpensive land (1000+ rai) anywhere in Issaan. Drought resistant crop, but low value so it has to be cheap. Previously farmed or cleared land are negatives. I need trees/wood and land without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Target price is about 5000 baht per rai with real title.

If anyone knows someone selling a tract like this please drop me a line. Don't have the resources to drive all over Thailand and talk to all the villiage chiefs.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're looking to spend five million baht on land but don't have any money for petrol for your car? :o

The guys with the huge plots are national and provincial politicians and associates so it would be a good idea to visit provincial governors in Isaan.

Edited by aletta

Land in Issarn, 5000 baht for One Rai, if i could find it at this price, i would be buying it, to add to my existing land in Issarn, ask thaskin to sell the land he is developing, the old lakes, Buriram - Prackonchai, now he's resigned he made need the cash, ha,ha, theres about 3000 rai there.

I am in the middle of buying 100 Rai down by Hua Hin, that is costing my wife and I, 2 Million Baht, it works out about £280.00 per Rai, 20,000 baht one Rai.

If you can find at 5000 Baht, good luck and tell me.

6000 baht a rai is possible if you can find a distressed seller but the plots are not huge.

I have known of 80 rai parcels of land going for 400000 but that was 40 km from the nearest asphalt road.

Edited by aletta

Up here in the North 50km from Khampaeng Phet reasonable land goes for around 35,000 baht a rai and usually in parcels of 7 to 10 rai at a time.

It is good growing land but not for rice as it is too hilly, but we grow pineapple, a few mango for personal comsumption, bananas, star fruit but the main crop is usually tapioca. My wife is now talking about growing trees for long term sales in perfume but we really need to bore for water first and then grow trees. Low maintainence and good for the area as well and not much use for pesticides either.

I have 15 in Isaan .  43,000 per rai 

Good luck  :o

Hi Jeff, Where in Issarn are you selling this land, is it Rice land ? may be interested.

Hello Thaicoon,

The land is in Non thai . Sorry to say it is not for sale . There are alot of houses going up before you get to the parcel and I hear that they will have a paved road soon . Right now there is sugar cane , I rent out per rai and they do all the work. Next year , I want to try pig farming .

I have 15 in Isaan .  43,000 per rai 

Good luck  :o

Hi Jeff, Where in Issarn are you selling this land, is it Rice land ? may be interested.

Hello Thaicoon,

The land is in Non thai . Sorry to say it is not for sale . There are alot of houses going up before you get to the parcel and I hear that they will have a paved road soon . Right now there is sugar cane , I rent out per rai and they do all the work. Next year , I want to try pig farming .

That is what my wife wants to do, i have 10 rai of wooded area and a bit of a pond, she wants to fence it off and just let the pigs roam free, sort of organic, we did have about 10 pigs before, had a damm good house warming party and ate the lot, also got 70 rai of rice land, which i let my thai family farm and i get a percentage every year.

Next year , I want to try pig farming .

Seems like a great idea as we seem to be entering a bull market for pork.All the vendors down the market have silly big grins on their faces at the end of the day.

The banks are throwing money at prospective pig farms at the moment, a bit like they did with chickens!! Just be careful if you go down that route most people end you tied into contracts with the big agro companies like CP.

Not nessesaraly a bad thing but they have a tendancy to farm the risk out. If you go into it big time there are two ways meat CP supplies you with baby pigs, you fatten them up and sell them back (same process with chickens) or babies you just keep sows and CP buys the babies from you. Had a look at some figures for the second one and it did'nt look bad. Oh you have to get planning permision to open a pig farm so it cant br to close to any residential areas

As an aside just up the road from me(about 6 km) they are opening a big pig farm, 10 sheds they have borrowed 10 mill from the bank, but the lands not worth much. They recon they can skim about 200,000 a shed off the banks estimate 2 mill in total so if it all gows tits up they still wont lose.

The banks are throwing money at prospective pig farms at the moment, a bit like they did with chickens!! Just be careful if you go down that route most people end you tied into contracts with the big agro companies like CP.

Not nessesaraly a bad thing but they have a tendancy to farm the risk out. If you go into it big time there are two ways meat CP supplies you with baby pigs, you fatten them up and sell them back (same process with chickens) or babies you just keep sows and CP buys the babies from you. Had a look at some figures for the second one and it did'nt look bad. Oh you have to get planning permision to open a pig farm so it cant br to close to any residential areas

As an aside just up the road from me(about 6 km) they are opening a big pig farm, 10 sheds they have borrowed 10 mill from the bank, but the lands not worth much. They recon they can skim about 200,000 a shed off the banks estimate 2 mill in total so if it all gows tits up they still wont lose.

While he is getting permission to open a piggery mightn't someone notice that he is a farang ? :o

While he is getting permission to open a piggery mightn't someone notice that he is a farang ? :D

Hi Doc,

As I would assume most farang do not have much in their name , I too am in that bunch . I will supply the cash and reap the profits , if any :o ( after the wifes spending spree's , of course )

While he is getting permission to open a piggery mightn't someone notice that he is a farang ? :D

Hi Doc,

As I would assume most farang do not have much in their name , I too am in that bunch . I will supply the cash and reap the profits , if any :o ( after the wifes spending spree's , of course )

and when she complains about you watching the rice grow from your comfy chair with a Chang in hand, just say ' I'd help ya love but phom mai mee work permit ' :D

Hi Doc,

and when she complains about you watching the rice grow from your comfy chair with a Chang in hand, just say ' I'd help ya love but phom mai mee work permit ' :D

Whats a work permit ? :D