Is There A Consulate In Laos

I went there last november to get a new tourist visa. The consulate is only about 5 mins walk from the ferry terminal if you know where it is. I took a tuk tuk which cost about 50 baht. I dont think the place it is situated in is a hotel as I saw no signs to indicate that. It does have a diplomatic type sign out the front of the building.

When I used this service the two young guys working in the visa section were very helpful and courteous. Passport and application in before 12, visa issued by 2.30 pm.

When going to Savannakhet do you get the Lao visa when you get there or do you have to get it in advance?

You can get it in the ferry terminal at Savanakhet. From memory it will cost about 1500 baht. This will be valid for 15 days. About 5 metres away is the immigration window.

It would appear then they have a new place and new staff, which is fine because the old one was quite a walk from the border and the staff were exceptionally rude. Also, you had to had previously obtained a Lao visa from their BKK Embassy, so all in all, good news for all new users of that border crossing.

Edited by sriracha john

There's (at least?) two there, one in Vientienne (sp?) and one in Savannkhet (sp?). The addresses are on here somewhere if you do a search (I've posted them before).

It was a strange event.

I got my wife to call the embassy, not the visa processing section, and they said there was only one place to get a visa, that was in Vientiane.

There were no other places to get a visa. I also did a search of the forum and came up with all sorts of stuff.

So I paid the VIP fee and got what I thought was my NON -B processed in 1 day at Vientiane.

After having the "handler" take care of everything, I looked at my passport, quickly, OK, I thought. and drove back to Bangkok

Now I look at my Visa I have a NON-O not a NON-B.

I Don't see a problem with the NON - O for a W/P as I am earning more than 46k a omnth, just really annoying as the W/P consultants will have to be trained in a new visa type.

SO If I have ALL the NON-B paperwork, and I add my marraige certificate, I assume I can get my W/P just as fast ?

Thanks