Khanom Beaches

olsen

I didn't know that Khanom existed until 3 years ago :D

It was love at first sight :)

In December a new Scandinavian owned 5 star resort opens with a Scandianvian restaurant and bakery.

They also serves genuine pizza from wood fired oven!

You can see their website here: Aava Resort

And here is a few photos attached.

sep4.jpg

sep3.jpg

Edited by ThaiSunshine

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A paradise where swaying coconut palms, lush green landscape, limestone mountains and virtually untouched beaches still remain in their natural beauty.

Then someone decides to build a monstrosity of an eye-sore right on the beach. :)

Great beaches and natural beauty. A paradise.

But what is the local infrustructure like?

Are there any hospitals nearby that may save your life if you have a dire medical emergency?

Are there transport connections such as airports with flights to major centres?

Are there government centres such as immigration? What are internet and tv conections like?

Entertainment for expats?

Large shopping centres, etc, somewhere to buy sandfly repellant?

A paradise where swaying coconut palms, lush green landscape, limestone mountains and virtually untouched beaches still remain in their natural beauty.

Then someone decides to build a monstrosity of an eye-sore right on the beach. :)

I find this Scandinavian design very beautiful. It fitts well into the surroundings...but each to his own taste :D

Great beaches and natural beauty. A paradise.

But what is the local infrustructure like? Very little ...good roads and easy access to airports and shopping.....

Are there any hospitals nearby that may save your life if you have a dire medical emergency? Surat Thani or Nakhon Sri Thammarat!!...The hospital in Sichon is quite modern, we use it when my son is sick....

Are there transport connections such as airports with flights to major centres? Surat - BKK or Nakhon - BKK....Nok Air, Air Asia, Thai Airways and One-Two Go Thai Orient has daily flights to and from NST and Surat Thani....International flights also from Krabi and Koh Samui....

Are there government centres such as immigration? What are internet and tv conections like? Immigration will be Surat ot nakhon, TV and internet not a problem......Immigration if you live in Khanom is NST. 1 hours drive from Khanom.... UBC Satellite works just fine here! 3 Internet providers: TT&T (Triple T), TOT and CAT....

Entertainment for expats? TV and internet....1 hours drive from a golf course....Sipping Coconut Juice under a palm tree....Monthly Ample Moon Party on the beach with live music.....fishing from the piers and cliffs are excellent....canoe....kayak....snorkeling......diving.....beach golf.....(yup....you can play golf at the beach when at times one of the bays north of Khanom drains comletly for water.....).....rent a boat and watch the pink dolhins....these are very rare and you only find them in the wild here in Khanom and in the Brazilian Amazone River....!....just to mention a few things :-).....

Large shopping centres, etc, somewhere to buy sandfly repellant? Tesco or Big C in Surat Thani.....dunno about sandfly repellant, never seen a sandfly here in Khanom :-)....But NST has all the huge shopping arcades like Robinson, Carrefour, Big C, Tesco......the nearest Tesco shopping is in Tha Sala on the way to NST .....

Edited by ThaiSunshine

outside20> There is only 1 resort for sale in Khanom.... and this only because the developer of this resort constructed the resort as an investment, not because he wanted to work as a resort owner....it was contructed to be sold.... Price 120 million THB, or if you finish the contruction yourself, you can have it for 90 million THB.... if you can find other resorts or hotels in Khanom for sale, then I give you a free beer! :D:)

i asked a simple question. what does the following mean?

outside20> There is only 1 resort for sale in Khanom.... and this only because the developer of this resort constructed the resort as an investment, not because he wanted to work as a resort owner....it was contructed to be sold.... Price 120 million THB, or if you finish the contruction yourself, you can have it for 90 million THB.... if you can find other resorts or hotels in Khanom for sale, then I give you a free beer! :D:)

The charm of Khanom is the virginity, the unspoiled state. If that is gone, the charm is gone, too. If you want to develop that place, you rather better start from there, than copying XXX Moon Parties.

The people, who choose Khanom for their holidaying do that certainly not for Pizza, but for unspoiled beach, sun and seafood.

outside20> There is only 1 resort for sale in Khanom.... and this only because the developer of this resort constructed the resort as an investment, not because he wanted to work as a resort owner....it was contructed to be sold.... Price 120 million THB, or if you finish the contruction yourself, you can have it for 90 million THB.... if you can find other resorts or hotels in Khanom for sale, then I give you a free beer! :D:D

And where's that ? Any link/photos ? :)

Baht 30 Million to finish is quite a bit of money but depends how far the resort is built, how many rooms/bungalows/swimming pools etc.

I'm curious.

LaoPo

You can find this resort for sale here:

Resort For Sale

The resort will contain 8 bungalows with 1 shared swimming pool in the center plus three pool villas with 5 bedrooms.

Totally 23 rooms.

There is also a beach bar and a large office which also contains a small cafe.

The resort is almost complete and it is already in business with all rooms booked for the Peak Season.

The construction of the two remaining villas are on progress.

Agree that 30 million to complete these two remaining villas is somewhat expensive, and that's also why I recommend a potential purchaser to go for the 90 million option. The owner, who is also the contractor, asks for 30 million extra to complete, but as I am a contractor too, I can offer to complete the two remaining villas for much less....in the same genuine top quality! I can do this for 15 million THB. So the total price will be 105 million THB.

Also please note that there is a 100 meter beach, so all villas and the bungalows are all beachfront!

The total size of the land is 6 rai / 9,600 square meter, so there is plenty of space in the rear to construct more villas, bungalows and even a condo complex!

Edited by ThaiSunshine

The people, who choose Khanom for their holidaying do that certainly not for Pizza, but for unspoiled beach, sun and seafood.

Have you ever seen a Swedish family on vacation :D Or Danish for that sake :D I am Danish, and I love pizza....once a week, even when I go for vacation :)

Edited by ThaiSunshine

You can find this resort for sale here:

Resort For Sale

The resort will contain 8 bungalows with 1 shared swimming pool in the center plus three pool villas with 5 bedrooms.

Totally 23 rooms.

There is also a beach bar and a large office which also contains a small cafe.

The resort is almost complete and it is already in business with all rooms booked for the Peak Season.

The construction of the two remaining villas are on progress.

Agree that 30 million to complete these two remaining villas is somewhat expensive, and that's also why I recommend a potential purchaser to go for the 90 million option. The owner, who is also the contractor, asks for 30 million extra to complete, but as I am a contractor too, I can offer to complete the two remaining villas for much less....in the same genuine top quality! I can do this for 15 million THB. So the total price will be 105 million THB.

Also please note that there is a 100 meter beach, so all villas and the bungalows are all beachfront!

The total size of the land is 6 rai / 9,600 square meter, so there is plenty of space in the rear to construct more villas, bungalows and even a condo complex!

1. Are "Olsen" -the OP of this topic- and you -ThaiSunshine-, the sponsor the same (Danish) person ? If so, it's rather confusing.

2. "So the total price will be 105 million THB." :D You're an optimistic chap and nothing wrong with that but your price is not correct.....

The "naked" asking price for the unfinished resort is Baht 90 Million whilst your adjusted finishing price would be Baht 15 Million (versus 30 million for the contractor); that's indeed 105 million but depends on the price a buyer would be willing to pay for the asking price of 90 million...wouldn't it ? :)

But, 15 million (Euro 315,000 or US $ 472,000) is also a bit stiff for finishing 2 villas, isn't it ?; just my opinion.

World wide (holiday) real estate is flat on it's face and I even fear a further major depreciation; the present Dubai debacle isn't really helping prices to recover also. And if someone thinks that Dubai isn't effecting Thailand (and other holiday markets) he/she is wrong as it is yet not clear how much money (read: $ Billions) investors and governments are going to lose in this now collapsed bubble.

People, willing/wanting to invest in (holiday) real estate will be very careful. Sorry to say so but for your sake I hope I'm completely wrong!

LaoPo

1. Are "Olsen" -the OP of this topic- and you -ThaiSunshine-, the sponsor the same (Danish) person ? If so, it's rather confusing.

Sorry for the confusion. I am also olsen. This was my username before I signed up as a Sponsor. Then TV registered me as a Sponsor with a new username Thai Sunshine.

2. "So the total price will be 105 million THB." :D You're an optimistic chap and nothing wrong with that but your price is not correct.....

The "naked" asking price for the unfinished resort is Baht 90 Million whilst your adjusted finishing price would be Baht 15 Million (versus 30 million for the contractor); that's indeed 105 million but depends on the price a buyer would be willing to pay for the asking price of 90 million...wouldn't it ? :)

Sure...but the "asking" price is fixed! Not negotiable! You take it or leave it :D

But, 15 million (Euro 315,000 or US $ 472,000) is also a bit stiff for finishing 2 villas, isn't it ?; just my opinion.

Well....one villa with 5 x 16 meter pool and direct beachfront! 5 bedrooms of which 2 rooms have separate entrance. Total building size is 460 square meter sitting on 657 square meter of land. 7.5 million THB to complete one villa is a steal! It is only 16,300 THB per Square meter!! A similar villa is for sale in Khanom priced at 25 million THB!!

World wide (holiday) real estate is flat on it's face and I even fear a further major depreciation; the present Dubai debacle isn't really helping prices to recover also. And if someone thinks that Dubai isn't effecting Thailand (and other holiday markets) he/she is wrong as it is yet not clear how much money (read: $ Billions) investors and governments are going to lose in this now collapsed bubble.

People, willing/wanting to invest in (holiday) real estate will be very careful. Sorry to say so but for your sake I hope I'm completely wrong!

I also hope you're completely wrong!! And actually I think you are! What I mean is...in my 3 years in the Khanom area I've never been so busy in my life! Even in the middle of the world wide crisis I have been very busy....and I think the reason is, that Khanom is so affordable compared to Phuket and Samui. People/investors simply want to invest here, rather than not invest at all....they find it somewhat better to invest say 20 million THB here in Khanom rather than investing 100 million in say Phuket. They get the same property, just 5 times more affordable and in an up-and-coming area where their investment will double or even triple within a few years....I have seen several investors double their money within 2 years here investing in land and condos! That would for sure never have been the case if they've invested the same amount of money in Phuket or Samui! :D

olsen & Thai Sunshine

Something doesn't sound right.

Someone wants to sell an unfinished resort for 90 million or finish it and sell it for 30 million more. The real estate agent says that he can finish it for 15 million and advises to buy it at 90 and pay the real estate agent to finish it.

Does this sound strange to anybody else?

i asked a simple question. what does the following mean?

Just general info for you.... I read your post before you edited :D

Edited by ThaiSunshine

Please don't do this to Khanom.

All those boats, planes and people sure won't make Khanom more peaceful and pristine.

I don't do anything! I just assist the contractor selling his resort! Not much I can do about people's plans with Khanom.

I admit that I understand some of the posters do not like the idea of Khanom turning into an international tourist hot spot....but it began long time ago...before I even knew about this wonderful pearl.....the first step was building Golden Beach Hotel 9 yeara ago......later followed by Supar Royal Hotel....the real kick was building Racha Kiri Resort & Spa.... now Khanom's destiny is set for the boom in tourism and real estate....even if I like it or not I can't do anything about it! So why not make the best of it and at least earn a few bucks in the process??? :)

Olsen or ThaiSunshine or whoever else you masquerade as ... you have started this same thread on at least 3 other forums I have seen, probably more and you become more transparent with each post. I think you have seen that the general consensus is that people, both foreign and local have no interest in developing the said area and you, out for what seems like a quick buck have no interest at all except for lining your own pockets. Leave the place alone. People who have been here a lot longer than you have no desire for your ideas.

As I said before, try Namibia, big bucks to be made there .... I heard. If you want help getting a ticket, just ask.

:)

South> masquerade?? Olsen is my surname and Thai Sunshine is my company name :)

I understand that many locals, both Thai and foreigners, don't like the idea of Khanom turning into a new tourist and property hub.....but do you really think that you can prevent this? Do you really think that one single person (me) can do any difference?

The internet today is bursting with threads and articles about Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Khanom....

One of the more interesting personalities who has more influence than me is Bill Barnett, the CEO of C9 Hotelworks and from The Phuket Insider.com

He has written already a lot of articles about Khanom and predicts it will be the new tourist and property hot spot of Thailand....and many tends to agree with him. His latest article you can find here:

Bill Barnett - The Phuket Insider.com

Edited by ThaiSunshine

South> masquerade?? Olsen is my surname and Thai Sunshine is my company name :)

Mr. Olsen, when you started this topic on October 20, just a few weeks ago, you were "just" another, rather new member "Olsen" and an enthusiastic promotor of Khanom beach. I wrote* (to you: Olsen) that you were doing nothing more than most of us did when we first visited Thailand: promoting this beautiful land.

* http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Khanom-Beach...74#entry3131274

Nobody ever heard yet of ThaiSunshine.

Later, just 3 days ago on November 26th, you appear -at this same topic- also as a sponsor and there's nothing wrong with that, but you have to admit that you created the confusion yourself by having now 2 names: one as a member "Olsen" and one as a sponsor "ThaiSunshine" but BOTH with the same avatar.

That's creating confusion.

Maybe it's better to change your private member-avatar being different from the sponsorship's one ?

It would have been better if you would have introduced yourself, being a sponsor, in another, different topic.

LaoPo

LaoPo> Hope you like my new olsen avatar? :D

Thanks for the advise and sorry for the confusion.

:) ....that's not Olsen beer...that's Olsen Carlsberg beer :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

• 2 months later...
Yes, Sorensen, I am from Denmark.

You're welcome to Khanom anytime!

And a cold beer is also welcome anytime :-)

Be careful of the barman.....he likes to put gun powder in the ash trays, light fire crackers under the customers seats and fires potatos at buffalos with the potato cannon. God only knows what he did to his boss. :)

The charm of Khanom is the virginity, the unspoiled state. If that is gone, the charm is gone, too. If you want to develop that place, you rather better start from there, than copying XXX Moon Parties.

and the soi na rlock. :)

• 4 months later...

and the soi na rlock. :)

What and where is soi na rlock ??? Seems I missed something?? :lol: