Land Transportation Department In Rayong?

JusMe

Sometime early next month I plan to head there to see about getting my motorbike licence. As best I can follow other threads, I need my passport with visa (retirement), medical certificate from local clinic, and affidavit from my embassy regarding my address.

With a bit of luck, they'll simply take my Canuck licence and maybe do the colour and reaction tests and issue my Thai licence. Otherwise, I guess it's from the start and doing the entire test. If necessary, I'll have to go that route.

But now I need to know just where that office is in Rayong. I've asked some Thais for help in this, but haven't had any response.

I'm vaguely familiar with the city, mainly the centre around Sukhumvit, Tesco-Lotus, bus station, Laem Thong Mall, Home Pro, so if anyone can give me the address and maybe directions, much appreciated.

Any other advice regarding this office will be very welcome, too! :)

Sometime early next month I plan to head there to see about getting my motorbike licence. As best I can follow other threads, I need my passport with visa (retirement), medical certificate from local clinic, and affidavit from my embassy regarding my address.

With a bit of luck, they'll simply take my Canuck licence and maybe do the colour and reaction tests and issue my Thai licence. Otherwise, I guess it's from the start and doing the entire test. If necessary, I'll have to go that route.

But now I need to know just where that office is in Rayong. I've asked some Thais for help in this, but haven't had any response.

I'm vaguely familiar with the city, mainly the centre around Sukhumvit, Tesco-Lotus, bus station, Laem Thong Mall, Home Pro, so if anyone can give me the address and maybe directions, much appreciated.

Any other advice regarding this office will be very welcome, too! :)

I can't give you the exact address and I,m not in Thailand at the moment so I can't easily get it either. However I can tell you roughly where it is.

Heading out of Rayong on Sukhumvit Road it is on the right just past Sukhumvit Soi 62, you will have to go past it and do a U turn at the next big junction .

I am going from memory (which isn't so good) but I am fairly sure that is right.

Thank you, gentlemen.

I tried a basic search on Google Maps, but although I was able to look around Rayong, I couldn't find the government buildings.

With your instructions, I've put it on my own Google Map of Rayong, and should be able to find it, or come close enough to do so. At least I know where to look for it :)

Thank you.

head out of Rayong in the direction of Maptaput

with Home Pro behind you, you pass the ST Joseph's and Assumption Schools on the left just before you get to the big bend ( it swings out ot the right before straightening out)

it's about a kilometre after this turn on your right

nearly opposite a petrol station ( Jet one i think - although can't remember really) - just a little past the petrol staton

the building is 100m away from the road side so you woan't see it throught the trees- you'll just see the gates and sign

good luck

Many thanks longball & tvaddict. I doubt I could get lost even if I tried with your directions and great photos.

I've also discovered being able to use http://www.mapguidethailand.com/home/map.php which can show lots of the stores, government offices, gas stations, etc. Used in combination with the Google Maps, it seems to be a very good tool.

I'm attempting to create a marked Google map, but I haven't yet figured out how to make it public and accessible by anyone wanting it. Once I do, I'll see about posting it.

Edited by JusMe

• 3 weeks later...

JusMe,

you should be ok with an "English" canadian licence, but better to get an International one if you can, then you definitely just need to do the simple tests.

Address confirmation can be got at the MapTaPhut Immigration office - at no cost, no need of affadivat from embassy.

and go early, as it gets v busy later.

GL.

• 12 years later...