Farang Killed On Bike Phuket

imaneggspurt

Anybody confirm this please, its from a reliable source but ive seen nothing in the press, i have a friend with one of these bikes i cant contact him :)

There is a report of a foreigner's death on a Honda 750 in another Phuket publication. Unfortunately Thaivisa is not permitted to copy or mention that source.

It's best not to mention any name until confirmed and in case the family or friends have not yet been notified or do not wish public discussion. Thank you.

Anybody confirm this please, its from a reliable source but ive seen nothing in the press, i have a friend with one of these bikes i cant contact him :)

Got this info from another source. Simon Grant, Marine manager. RIP I hope it's not your friend.

Not allowed to post link.

Cheers, Rick

It is in the press but we can not give credit to the press so it can not be named.

However since I know from other sources and before it was public I think it is ok to mention it as his family has already been notified. However I did not mention it in TV until it was public.

It is very sad but Mr Simon Grant the manager of Ao Por Marina was killed on his bike. I do not know the other details but he was rushed to the hospital and friends were there when he died a few hours later.

Edit: Oh just saw the other posts....

Edited by MisterMan

Jeez, I just realised that Simon = siinthai, he didnt post much here but he was a GT-Rider regular.

Brings it even closer to home.

Yup. He was often posting on GT for people to ride with. What makes it worse is that no-one really knows what happened. Another friend of ours, Steve, was riding with him on Saturday and he was complaining that the front brake on the Africa Twin was acting up. Perhaps it locked and folded on him. Think I'll give more thought to checking over the BMW before I hop on it in future. This happened so close to home too - even the small trips can be deadly.

I knew Simon through the Marina, and in all of my interaction with him, he always had a sense of humour, which made everyone who came into contact with him comfortable. It was only a couple of days ago whilst in his office paying a fuel account, we were having a dialogue about Man United and Chelsea (Simon was a very keen Chelsea supporter), and how the forecast this weekend made him plan to take his boat out.

I don't know his personal life, and whether or not he has a girlfriend here, but regardless, I sincerely hope that his relatives endure the least possible heartache in taking care of him, and I know that he has left a lot of good memories behind.