Kanchanaburi Immigration: Extend 'o'?

I'm due to apply for my second one year extension of Thai Wife Non-imm 'O' visa at the end of the month. Last time I used Suan Plu - straightforward - no problems.

As I live in Ban Pong (closer to Kanchanaburi than Bangkok) wondered if any T V members have used the Kanchanaburi Immigration Office to apply for visa extension?

If so, presume from there the completed application still goes to Bangkok for approval - but that doesn't matter. It's a lot easier for me to travel to for the two visits required.

Anyone also can give directions to Imm. in Kanchanaburi?

I have their phone number from this web site and will call - just thought I'd fish here for usual helpful member experiences first.

Thanks!

Greetings,

I'm an expat living in Kan. I have a non imm 'B' visa which I always extend at the immigration office here without any problems. This is without doubt the friendliest imm office I have ever been in.

I know you're on a different visa than me, but I would say it wouldn't be a problem. Get your significant other to call ahead and ask exactly what you need to take with you. Also take her with you when you go as it shows that you are "settled" in Thailand, they love that! I always take my missus with me.

To get to the office, when you come in to Kan from Ban Pong, you'll go through Tha Muang district and then a few km further is a right turn to Sai Yok. Ignore that and go straight on and turn left opposite the main courthouse . The imm office is 150m down on the left, past all the other govt. buildings.

It will probably be a couple of trips as they do send it away to BKK, but it's got to be better than going to the main imm at Suan Plu, I hate those folks in there!

Let me know how you get on!

Greetings,

I'm an expat living in Kan. I have a non imm 'B' visa which I always extend at the immigration office here without any problems. This is without doubt the friendliest imm office I have ever been in.

I know you're on a different visa than me, but I would say it wouldn't be a problem. Get your significant other to call ahead and ask exactly what you need to take with you. Also take her with you when you go as it shows that you are "settled" in Thailand, they love that! I always take my missus with me.

To get to the office, when you come in to Kan from Ban Pong, you'll go through Tha Muang district and then a few km further is a right turn to Sai Yok. Ignore that and go straight on and turn left opposite the main courthouse . The imm office is 150m down on the left, past all the other govt. buildings.

It will probably be a couple of trips as they do send it away to BKK, but it's got to be better than going to the main imm at Suan Plu, I hate those folks in there!

Let me know how you get on!

You are not likely to obtain a support Thai wife extension without your wife going to immigration with you.

Backpack:

Many thanks for the explicit directions and encouragement about 'friendliness'!

We must have passed nearby several times when visiting Kan. and as recently as last weekend on day trip to Sai Yok. I'm due to extend for 12 months first week of May - after 2 week return trip to UK, re-entering using re-entry permit so I don't void the original visa.

Hope it will be an easier journey - Kan is 40 minutes from here - Suan Plu 2 hrs+.

And, like you, I really don't enjoy visits to Suan Plu.

so. fingers crossed. will give it a try.

Will PM you to let you know how I get on.

Lop:

I should have added in my post that the wife goes with me on EVERY bureaucratic visit - and most definitely for visa extensions!