B100 Million In Assets Seized In Phuket Drug Bust

webfact

I agree with the moderator. The post is about someone who got busted with illegal drugs & the apparent sentence he would receive. I fail to see what it has to do with GWB or cooking gas. Any external war on drugs has no bearing on Thai drug policy unless political pressure is exerted to arrest a particular individual.

The brutal Thai drug laws don't have anything to do with the global War On Drugs?

Thats nonsense, is Thailand not part of a global community? Does American foreign policy not seek to influence coca and opium producing nations to have a zero tolerance policy on drugs? Think about it

Also I said in the post that was removed that GWBush was not to blame for the current state of affairs and as for cooking gas, that was a sarcastic comment. Get with the program geezer

So I am not guilty of blaming Bush or going off topic. Maybe I'm guilty of looking at this topic from a wider perspective but surely that is a good thing on a discussion board. My post should not have been deleted because I was not doing either of the things I was blamed of.

PS: No I am not one of these anti Bush anti American idiots who thinks everything is Americas fault. As I said in the offending post TWOD is not Bush's fault and I actually agreed with Bush's foreign policy to a certain extent but to say that global politics and the world wide response to drugs isn't valid to this thread is just nonesense

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Also I said in the post that was removed that GWBush was not to blame for the current state of affairs and as for cooking gas, that was a sarcastic comment. Get with the program geezer"

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit & of course I knew but simply want to highlight the inadequacies in your arguments. As for geezer .....

I have nothing against anyone using their drug of choice provided they are fully informed about the effects but unfortunately any serious effects are either not known or not publicized e.g the dangers of nicotine which were well known before they became widely publicized. The other side of the coin are all the impressionable youngsters who use drugs by succumbing to peer pressure or have no idea of the consequences & anyone who deals to this group does not deserve any mercy. I have tried most things apart from the recent designer drugs & in the end opted to be a drinker & cigarette smoker both of which I have stopped. If I could turn back the clock I would not have indulged in any of them but then again my life may not have taken me to the fair isle of Phuket.

Here is a Thai generalization. They smile & nod their heads as if in agreement but then go on to do their own thing but I digress. Foreign policy does not have any bearing on the OP.

People suffering allover the world. Just take a look at mexico -thats exactly what happens if drugs run free. They kill each others competition. And thats just the top of crime, not included any suffering of families and destroyed life which, some users in here, applaud. The apple doest fall far from the stump. So check out the apple! Thai Autorities would check the IP of those people and check'em out.

I am sure we would hear from them again in the news and have a nice laugh about it. :)

Edited by sedeflonga

People suffering allover the world. Just take a look at mexico -thats exactly what happens if drugs run free. They kill each others competition. And thats just the top of crime, not included any suffering of families and destroyed life which, some users in here, applaud. The apple doest fall far from the stump. So check out the apple! Thai Autorities would check the IP of those people and check'em out.

I am sure we would hear from them again in the news and have a nice laugh about it. :)

What are you saying? Explain please.

What are you saying? Explain please.

sedeflonga have you just expresed a desire to see the police track me down from my IP to raid and arrested me because I have criticised the drug laws? Speak up boy. Explain that last comment.

5 years seems to be correct. 2000 pills of 120mg is 240g of mixed methamphetamine.

It would be redicilous to sentence someone to life-time in jail for this small amount of methamphetamine.

TG with 4 pills got 5 years so I heard.

Kind of shows how he must have spread the wealth.

I guess sedeflona hasn't got the balls to back up that last comment because it's quite obvious he thinks people should be arrested for speaking their minds. Making threats like that is no joke in a country where you can be jailed for for saying the wrong things.

I think that people who hint, threaten or openly wish for the arrest of other members on a web based forum should have their accounts suspended. How can you have a discussion board if some members think it's cool to stifle free speech by talking about other members bein tracked down by the authorities and arrested?

sedeflona I suggest you delete that post and apologise or explain what you really meant or I will contact the moderators and request that your account is removed.

PS: In Mexico drugs are illegal so the violence in Mexico has nothing to do with the drugs causing violence but everything to do with the illegality of drugs, the big money and the fact that Mexico shares a border with the richest and most drug hungry nation on the planet creating a gangsters paradise. Once again a pro-prohibition contribution to this thread is WRONG.

I guess sedeflona hasn't got the balls to back up that last comment because it's quite obvious he thinks people should be arrested for speaking their minds. Making threats like that is no joke in a country where you can be jailed for for saying the wrong things.

I think that people who hint, threaten or openly wish for the arrest of other members on a web based forum should have their accounts suspended. How can you have a discussion board if some members think it's cool to stifle free speech by talking about other members bein tracked down by the authorities and arrested?

sedeflona.

I suggest you delete that post and apologise or explain what you really meant or I will contact the moderators and request that your account is removed.

Seems to me that you are the one making threats......

Seems to me that you are the one making threats......

"The apple doest fall far from the stump. So check out the apple! Thai Autorities would check the IP of those people and check'em out."

He is hinting at my arrest by the Thai Royal Police, I'm just threatening to contact you moderators to have his account suspended. I am just reacting to his veiled threat, he is saying things that could scare people out of voicing their honest opinions which can't be productive for Thai Visa forums. I think the threat of being visited by the Thai police is just a tad more malign than me contacting you guys don't you?

I would rather have my account suspended than do time in a Thai prison for criticising the Thai authorities. Anyway it seems my threat is pretty hollow since you seem to be firmly on his side.

I spose you don't like my outspoken views on drug laws either?

Be honest can my views cause trouble for Thai Visa if so send me a pvt message and I will curb my honesty if not you should be all up for me voicing my opinion without the vieled threats of the police tracking me down through my IP.

I think thats fair don't you?

Edited by mrbp

In my opinion it's the people's fault who buy the drugs. Ofcourse something happened around this guy for the corrupted thai police to get in to him.

I dealed with the thai police for some issues overthere in Phuket and honestly, these people are the worst government officials I met in whole my life.

96% corrupted.

So how bad do you think the Scottish cop is who got sentenced to only 26 months last week for distribution of cocaine and he was a member of the drugs squad. He said that he wasn't selling it just giving it away strange given that he was also found to have scales- who weighs it before giving it away! He also admitted to 12 counts of unauthorised access of the police drugs intelligence database if you have ever seen "The Shield" on TV you can guess the MO. Check out the BBC website for more details.

many good points in here from many people, too bad the story gets a bit 'overheated'.. the topic was about the drug bust, and basically it lookes good to see the strech is 5 or 10 years, seems better than the over the top nut sentences is thailand so far. But the drugs taken aren't a sinple joint of weed, and a sentence is in place. Would it be a simple smoke, there shoudn't be a sentence at all.

So there is a diffrence, you are right mr.bp, but we can't legalise everything too easy.. i think we would upset a lot of people who still think the ignorant way that all the drugs are bad and you should hang! some people lost other people on drugs and now think only one way, they are beyond understanding anything new and probably would get a heart attack after such a change in society, and it would never happen anyway... So for now let the dutch system prevail ( i'm from amsterdam life, and the way it was 20 years ago was just fine; have a joint and a beer when you want, but keep the bad shit illegal ).

one has to ask what would happen to the gun carrying drug dealers if the drugs were made legal and cheap??

if the goverment were to put in place laws like the alcohol laws then they would control the supply and the price, not to mention the tax income would have a massive impact, drugs changing from being a massive cost in police and court time to a massive income stream??? hmmm interesting

people say that drugs lead to crime.

that is a very interesting point, but maybe it is due to the high cost of the illegal drugs that turns them to crime, what would happen if a person didnt have to pay $100 but only had to pay $5??

would the crime rate drop?

how many illegal drug dealers would there be left?

now the one that makes me laugh is the "gateway drug"

Pot is a gateway drug to cocaine and other addicting drugs.

lets stop and think about this for a moment, before these people got hooked on drugs did they try alcohol???

I think that if people started at the very end of the chain, ie addiction and went back HONESTLY looking for gateway drugs then they would find that the biggest gateway drug is BEER !!!

99.9999% of drug addicts tried beer before drugs!!!!

there are many fact out that there that oppose our laws, but things are changing slowly.

what I do see in Thailands laws is a result of pressure from our western countries.

there was a time when Thailand had a bad name " the golden triangle" ect so there was a massive push by the western governments for the Thai goverment to clean up things and take a hard stance on drugs.

so as a result the Thai's did what they were advised to do.

now we find that the western world is waking up to drugs and starting to change the laws, hmmmmmm

give it ten years and Thailand will start getting pressure to relax its drug laws, wait until pot is legal in USA and an americian is locked up for having a joint on them, the result will be something along the lines of "you cant do that type of thing in todays world"

we in Thailand are in the hight of the "reffer madness" it is a result of pressure from the western world.

here are some quotes from you to show how crazy our western world had been over time

Quote by: Harry J. Anslinger

(1892-1975) Assistant Prohibition Commissioner in the Bureau of Prohibition, first Commissioner of the Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN) (1930-1962, 32 years), US Representative to the United Nations Narcotics Commission

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.

Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.

You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother.

Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing.

Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.

This one has me laughing my but off if only this man could see the news today!!!

Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men.

and with the president of USA being a "darkie" pushing for medical use !!!!!!!

this goes to show you how time changes things, there was a time when an official could use the term "darkie" now days I dont have a clue what the result to a statement like that would be, but when looking at Thailands drug laws you have to wonder who pushed them to make them like this???

what we are seeing is the ongoing change of drug tolerence in the world, Thailand is just following not leading, what would the result be for Thailand if it was a leader??? ohh that would be a classic case of BAD Thailand, it would make such bad media that it would kill tourism.

there is a whole generation out there that believe that the movie "Reefer Madness" (search youtube for a laugh) is a true and proven fact, after all is was made for the goverment!!!

we all need to wake up to the facts, we are living in a world of change and change takes time, there was a time not so long ago where you could smoke a joint in a bar in Thailand, but the western world said that was bad!! so to keep face the laws were changed. soon the western world will say BAD THAILAND and the laws will change again.

so if you really want to look at who is responsible for such harsh laws in Thailand look to the western world!!!

before people jump on me I am not a racist, these are quotes. please in no way feel that I am racist!!!! I AM NOT

I think the western world is starting to learn that it cant fight these things, there is to much demand from the people.

it will be the ecconomics and the change of generations that in the end make the world accept and control as opposed to try to ban drugs.

where there is demand someone will always supply if the price is right.

if the illegal drug trade is changed to a legal govt regulated trade then what will happen to the criminal based suppliers?? they would turn legit overnight and start paying taxes!!!

they wouldnt want to loose there business, so they would accept a lower proffit margin and produce drugs legaly (less cost with that as well)

dont get me wrong I am not 100% pro drugs, I feel that a lot of drugs on the streets are BAD!!

in NZ we have "P" known also as "ice" this stuff is nastey it is called "fry" as it frys you brain, but still people love the stuff, but the price is shocking!!! it has started a whole new crime wave in NZ.

we cant stop this stuff, but we could control it, I look at history and remember stories of opium dens, where people could go to smoke, maybe we need somethng similar now days, were there can be monitoring of the people and the substances.

it seems that countries dont learn from history, the alcohol prohibition in the states, that did not stp drinking it just drove it underground and into the hand of the criminal gangs. is this not what we have today???

but now we have laws in place that help to control alcohol, why? because the USA govt found that it could not stop alcohol and the cost to try and stop it was to high.

how much time and money do drugs cost the tax payers, how often do you hear that drug use is on the rise.

how much is the international war on drugs costing??

imagine if that cost was turned around and made into a proffit from tax, there would be enough money saved to offer massive stimilus packages and feed the starving in the world.

Americans spend $60 billion a year to imprison 2.2 million people that is just the cost to house them, add the court and lawyer fees and I would say it would end up being a massive sum, ok not all of these people are there for drug related offences but I bet a good few are.

Arrests for drug law violations in 2009 are expected to exceed the 1,841,182 arrests of 2007. Law enforcement made more arrests for drug abuse violations (an estimated 1.8 million arrests, or 13.0 percent of the total number of arrests) than for any other offense in 2007.

Someone is arrested for violating a drug law every 17 seconds.

Since December 31, 1995, the U.S. prison population has grown an average of 43,266 inmates per year. About 25 per cent are sentenced for drug law violations.

According to the Schaffer Library of Drug Policy, it costs approximately $450,000 to put a single drug dealer in jail. This cost includes the costs of arrest, conviction, room, and board.

These number go on and on, the more you look the more you see that by having drugs illegal it costs the tax payers of the world TRILLIONS.

could this money not be spent in better ways??

yes and in time it will, but change take time, I still have a personal laugh at "giving back Hong Kong" why did the UK have it in the first place?? because china tried to stop the drug trade and UK was not having any of that so it took over hong kong and reinstated the drug dealers, after all if they couldnt buy the opium then how could the english have there cup of Tea???

it was under 100 years ago that the UK were pro drugs, now it is anti, it is slowly changing again with pot, so give things another 10 years and it will be starting to swing back towards pro drugs, it is a crazy world that we live in but remember it is made crazy by the people...... ALL OF US!!

• 2 weeks later...

"HARD drugs cause addiction, addicts need money, many addicts use hard drugs because they have such a sh*t life that they need a buzz, many also have little money, so prostitution, robbery( armed robbery,street crimes, house breakins, car theft etc). I DO HOPE THAT YOU BECOME A VICTIM OF ONE OF THESE DRUG RELATED CRIMES."

Such preconceptions, assumptions and prejudices - it is this attitude that prevents so many countries from dealing with their "drug problems" - the law in so many cases is part of the cause of these problems - if this poster had thought a bit about what he/she has just posted it would be a step in the right direction