Golf In Isaan

khun jim

There is a golf course in the Surin Army Base and I got the details from a certain local site.

The golf course website is in engrish BTW....

http://www.surinarmygolf.com/thecourse.html

Dave,

Thanks for the info. Excellent website with description of each hole. A little far to travel during the week for a 9 hole course but the next time I have to go to Surin I will take my clubs.

There is a golf course in the Surin Army Base and I got the details from a certain local site.

The golf course website is in engrish BTW....

http://www.surinarmygolf.com/thecourse.html

Dave,

Thanks for the info. Excellent website with description of each hole. A little far to travel during the week for a 9 hole course but the next time I have to go to Surin I will take my clubs.

Glad you like it, I will tell my mate Danny who designed it, of this plug :)

Edited by Dave the Dude

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. I'm still curious if someone has any information about the 9 hole golf course in Sakon Nakhon... I think I've searched about every known Isaan forum with absolutely no luck... lots of information on Udon and KK courses but nothing about Sakon Nakhon... so, once again, anybody played this course lately?

• 1 month later...

We played at a very nice course at the military base just nort of Yasothon yesterday. Beautiful course in the woods. Water on every hole. Many trees. Caddies were very good to average. 230 Baht for 9 holes. Carts available.

GPS

N 15.90716

E104.06432

Cheers

Hello all. I'm still curious if someone has any information about the 9 hole golf course in Sakon Nakhon... I think I've searched about every known Isaan forum with absolutely no luck... lots of information on Udon and KK courses but nothing about Sakon Nakhon... so, once again, anybody played this course lately?

Never played on it but it looks OK from above on Google Earth. It is near the airport. Quite a few ponds - fair few bunkers and lots of trees.

looks tricky ?

PraPasri G.C. is the name

and there is a driving range to the south of the town to warm up on....

Google is OK for finding them - but if its ON a "sensitive military G.C. " they are usually blurred out.

If they do lunches at the club house look out for the "dog legs"...Kin Maa :jap:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And there's a course just outside Sakhn Nakhon on the road to Udon, just near the junction to Nakhon Phanom inside the army base. Not ever played there and think it is a 9 holer, but looks nice and manicured from the perimeter fence. If anybody has played it, what was the verdict? :o

I am playing this course regularly now that I am living in Sakon Nakhon. It's not in the greatest of condition. One par 5 is being reconstructed so now has 3 par 3's. The greens are not the best but all in all a decent enough course. They just raised the green fee from 120 to 200 baht and caddie fee 80 baht per 9, so 18 holes 360 baht. The course does not drain very well after heavy rain. The hidden gem in Sakon Nakhon is the driving range.

• 3 months later...

There is a new golf course just outside Khon Kaen called the Dan Koon Golf Course. Its west of Khon Kaen about 10km past the airport.

Save youself having to talk to the above.

Are there 2 army courses in Roi-et? The one I visited (did not play) was on an army base on the edge of town over a river.

• 1 year later...

Have any of you Isaanites played the Nakhon Phanom course recently? I work in Thackek, I have a day off on Thursday and thinking about going over to play there for the day. Is it any good and more importantly is it open?

Cheers.

There are two 9 hole courses in Ubon. One on the army base in Warin Chamrap (just south of Moon river) and one at Sirindorn Dam, south east of Phibun Mangsahan, and 45 mins drive away.

I think the Sirindorn course is the nicest, but the army course is ok, nearby and cheap! wink.gif

There is also a 12 hole course on the Thai Air Base in Ubon. To get to it, tell the guard at the gate you want to go to the golf course. That's how I got on. Haven't played it but did get to look at it a little. From what I did see it looked decent. I asked why 12 holes, was told because they had extra room so they added 3 more holes.

There are two 9 hole courses in Ubon. One on the army base in Warin Chamrap (just south of Moon river) and one at Sirindorn Dam, south east of Phibun Mangsahan, and 45 mins drive away.

I think the Sirindorn course is the nicest, but the army course is ok, nearby and cheap! wink.gif

There is also a 12 hole course on the Thai Air Base in Ubon. To get to it, tell the guard at the gate you want to go to the golf course. That's how I got on. Haven't played it but did get to look at it a little. From what I did see it looked decent. I asked why 12 holes, was told because they had extra room so they added 3 more holes.

So that you can play sixes in a threeball? Always a reason to their madness I guess :)

Around Korat there are some good courses.

Rooks ( Korat Country Club) on the 304 to Pak tong chai from Korat is a good if short 18 holes.

Mountain Creek is a great 27 holes down the highway 2 to BKK. Its 40km from town.

Voyage is equally resplendent and on the other side of the same highway.

couple of rinky dink courses on the army and air force base but not worth travelling for.

And there's a course just outside Sakhn Nakhon on the road to Udon, just near the junction to Nakhon Phanom inside the army base. Not ever played there and think it is a 9 holer, but looks nice and manicured from the perimeter fence. If anybody has played it, what was the verdict? ohmy.gif

I am playing this course regularly now that I am living in Sakon Nakhon. It's not in the greatest of condition. One par 5 is being reconstructed so now has 3 par 3's. The greens are not the best but all in all a decent enough course. They just raised the green fee from 120 to 200 baht and caddie fee 80 baht per 9, so 18 holes 360 baht. The course does not drain very well after heavy rain. The hidden gem in Sakon Nakhon is the driving range.

Thanks I had been searching for info on this course as well as it is the closest one to me and I am bringing my clubs when i return this time, As you go regularly could you say if there are any days to avoid. Are there any facilities ie restaurant, bar, locker room with showers, pretty caddies in case the card goes down the pan (joking). It might be of interest for the future but a new course and clubhouse is under construction in Sawang Daen Din which is on the Tesco side of town off a sideroad off route 22 on the right as you are going out of town towards Udon past the Toyota garage

• 4 weeks later...

There is also a 12 hole course on the air base at Ubon. I didn't played it but did get a chance to have a look. Just told the guard at the gate I wanted to go to the golf course. He let me on the base. The course looked good. Plenty of people playing.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 years later...

No traffic on this thread for 8 years but I'll give it a shot.

My friend and I are travelling up from Chaiyaphum to Udon Thani on the 25th April for a 5 night stay and looking to play some golf there. Royal Creek, Udon Thani, and Victory Park, Nong Khai are our choices.

Are there any locals that play either course who maybe we could join for a social game? also any thoughts on these courses (condition and best days to play, etc)

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies...

• Like 1