Crackdown On Criminal Ladyboys

george

Sailor influx prompts Phuket ladyboy crackdown

phuket-About-3000-US-marines-will-be-sailing-into-Phuket-this-week-aboard-the-USS-Bonhomme-1-mkuZxtR.jpg

About 3,000 US marines will be sailing into Phuket

this week aboard the USS Bonhomme.

PHUKET: -- In advance of the arrival of two more US Navy ships full of marines ready for R&R in Phuket this week, Kathu Police are cracking down on criminal gangs of ladyboys.

Kathu Police Commander Grissak Songmoonnark said last time a large contingent of US Navy sailors were in Phuket around 80 ladyboys were arrested for petty crime.

About half of them came to the island from Pattaya with the intention of robbing the Americans, Col Grissak said.

Police would be checking their ID and employment cards, he said. Those who didn’t have the right papers “would have problems”.

Tomorrow, 300 US Navy Marines will arrive aboard the USS Ingraham.

On Thursday they will be joined by around 3,000 more aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard.

The crew have been training in East Timor and have been on board their ship for the past month in advance of their Phuket visit.

Douglas H Robinson, chief of Naval Security Force Protection Detachment, met with Col Grissak and representatives from around 60 Patong businesses in Kathu Police Station to discuss the upcoming visit.

Only 2,500 marines would be allowed off the ships on any given day, Mr Robinson said.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2009-10-27

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange story. How will the police be able to determine who is a gang member and who is not? Checking employment papers is ever weirder. They have a Thai ID card unless the government suddenly passed a law that Thai citizens need prior permission to travel and need to register with the authorities this is just small talk.

While we all know that Kathoeys can be quite literally a pain in the ass and that they behave often very unpleasant I do not see how the police could crack down this way without crossing the line. Let's hope for this overzealous officers that the ladyboys do not put them on candid camera, as the entire force in Phuket would panic again when they find themselves at Youtube....

The bottom line is that Thailand becomes a police state. only in police states you can arrest people and fine them BEFORE something has happened.

It's not just the ladyboys that the marines need to watch out for. How about that scumbag that rents jetskis then rips off the renters?

When you go to Thailand expect the unexpected. Drink if you must, but stay away from the locals and behave in a proper manner in public.

The world would be such a better place without alcohol.

Strange story. How will the police be able to determine who is a gang member and who is not? Checking employment papers is ever weirder. They have a Thai ID card unless the government suddenly passed a law that Thai citizens need prior permission to travel and need to register with the authorities this is just small talk.

While we all know that Kathoeys can be quite literally a pain in the ass and that they behave often very unpleasant I do not see how the police could crack down this way without crossing the line. Let's hope for this overzealous officers that the ladyboys do not put them on candid camera, as the entire force in Phuket would panic again when they find themselves at Youtube....

The bottom line is that Thailand becomes a police state. only in police states you can arrest people and fine them BEFORE something has happened.

laborcamps for ladyboys....what a nice idea. :):D:D

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

Advertising the R&R so blatantly is very degrading for the Thai people.

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

That is an interesting but fair point.

CRACK down, LADYBOYS

geddit hehe

I have this image of a peaceful looking beach.... Suddenly the ground starts pounding, the sound grows and grows till he trees are shaking then I see, turning a corner, 3000 sex starved grunts marching in unison coming from the left and 6000 tourism starved 'working' girls marching in unison coming from the right, like two mighty armies about to clash, a bit like the movie 300 but the persians are h**kers :)

I have this image of a peaceful looking beach.... Suddenly the ground starts pounding, the sound grows and grows till he trees are shaking then I see, turning a corner, 3000 sex starved grunts marching in unison coming from the left and 6000 tourism starved 'working' girls marching in unison coming from the right, like two mighty armies about to clash, a bit like the movie 300 but the persians are h**kers :D

And what makes you think they will be sex starved? Are they all in solitary confinement at sea? :)

It's not just the ladyboys that the marines need to watch out for. How about that scumbag that rents jetskis then rips off the renters?

When you go to Thailand expect the unexpected. Drink if you must, but stay away from the locals and behave in a proper manner in public.

The world would be such a better place without alcohol.

I hope this whole thing was a joke....right?

Well thats gonna really mess it up for the Yank Navy boys...always thought they liked a bit of flippy floppy down below.....guess they may have to go for the real thing this time :)

Hello Thailor .. that's Sailor with a lisp.

Here's a cute one on Tagged

Perhaps you know more than I do regarding the meaning of "R&R" but why should it be "degrading to to your wife and father-in-law" that the US Navy takes R&R in Patong? It's as if you're blaming the victim rather than the perpetrator of a crime yet to be committed.

It's almost as you're saying (and I've heard rationized by the Thais before) that if the foreigner were not here, any crimes perpetuated against the foreigners (or accidents involving foreigners) would not have occurred so, in essence, it is the foreigner's fault for existing or being here.

Please go back into the hole that you (and your inlaws) crawled out from. Excuse me for my lack of "diplomatic wording".

Just wondering- how do immigration go about processing a few thousand marines landing by sea. Do they send immigration officials aboard to issue visas. !5 days, 30 days or 24 hours? Never having been in the merchant or royal navy- how does it work. Do normal Thai immigration rules apply? Interested!!

I really don't understand what the offense might be. The US Navy also goes for R&R in Hawaii and San Diego -- should Hawai'ians and Californians feel degraded. too?

Well thats gonna really mess it up for the Yank Navy boys...always thought they liked a bit of flippy floppy down below.....guess they may have to go for the real thing this time :)

Perhaps you have confused the USN with the Royal Navy :D

As annoying as the term R&R is, the USN will have gone to great lengths to instruct its visitors to behave and to be careful. Will it work? Probably not 100%. Have you ever tried to keep an active 19-22 year old boy under wraps? They may be sailors, but inside they are still kids and the non-comms will be acting as nannies during the visit. Yes, there will be a few \idiots brawling and puking on Bangla. Yes, some will go back to the ship with an STI and little creepy crawly crotch grabbers, but the vast majority of sailors will have behaved and volunteered to clean up a beach or build a school or engaged in a social service event. Whatever faults the USN has, when they get to Thailand it tries to do some good deeds. Compared to other visiting navies the USN is ok. People never hear about the shore leave brawls the Canadians have had in Cyprus or the Dutch sailors that kicked the crap out some idiots in a bar. Sailor boys will be sailor boys wherever they go.