Crackdown On Criminal Ladyboys

george

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

Advertising the R&R so blatantly is very degrading for the Thai people.

Please tell me your comment is a joke!!! Are you really serious??? So according to you Navy personnel are not allowed to go on R&R, rather they are only allowed to make "courtesy visits"!!

You sir are in dire need of a little R&R and I have a feeling your response will be paid many a "courtesy visits" by members of this forum!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

I'm coming to Thailand next month for some R&R....oh wait I meant to say I'm coming to Thailand next month as a "courtest visit"!!!!

Did I understand the news item correctly? 2,500 marines per day will be on shore and the Thai police are protecting them from about 80 katoeys who might have the wrong paperwork...........

I have been to Patong and I know that on any given night, there's more than 80 Katoeys (transvestites, cross dressers, etc) in Patong. Forget the estimate that was quoted in the Thai media.

Patong has many Katoeys and they are typically aggressive and prone to illegal activities such as theft, etc. This is a problem that the Thais should have cleaned up 20-years ago. Patong is virtually a war zone and the the victims are any foreigner that enters. There are so many scams in Patong(including the Katoeys) that I cannot begin to ennumerate. If you're a foreigner, just stay away!

Strange story. How will the police be able to determine who is a gang member and who is not? Checking employment papers is ever weirder. They have a Thai ID card unless the government suddenly passed a law that Thai citizens need prior permission to travel and need to register with the authorities this is just small talk.

While we all know that Kathoeys can be quite literally a pain in the ass and that they behave often very unpleasant I do not see how the police could crack down this way without crossing the line. Let's hope for this overzealous officers that the ladyboys do not put them on candid camera, as the entire force in Phuket would panic again when they find themselves at Youtube....

The bottom line is that Thailand becomes a police state. only in police states you can arrest people and fine them BEFORE something has happened.

laborcamps for ladyboys....what a nice idea. :):D:D

Perhaps you know more than I do regarding the meaning of "R&R" but why should it be "degrading to to your wife and father-in-law" that the US Navy takes R&R in Patong? It's as if you're blaming the victim rather than the perpetrator of a crime yet to be committed.

Hey a little bit of Rock and Roll never hurt anybody....irregardless of what my parents used to warn me. But jokes aside, I really think these guys would need a bit of a rest after being cooped up on a ship with 2,999 other 'availables' and nothing else to do but stay in your bunk or shower all day (without a soap-on-a-rope) .. :)

It's almost as you're saying (and I've heard rationized by the Thais before) that if the foreigner were not here, any crimes perpetuated against the foreigners (or accidents involving foreigners) would not have occurred so, in essence, it is the foreigner's fault for existing or being here.

Please go back into the hole that you (and your inlaws) crawled out from. Excuse me for my lack of "diplomatic wording".

Ok, quiet down boys and get back to your desks. The witticism is underwhelming. Lots of targets for jokes, ha ha ha.

Seriously though, there should be alerts re; criminal lady boys on an on-going basis. Not just the punks who run to wherever the action is (this time it's Phuket), but the resident punks, whether they overdress like cheap whores or not.

If the beach resort administrations and cops can ever quit their tittering & giggling at men dressed as women, perhaps they'll get to the not-so-funny business of cleaning up their streets.

US military guys make easy targets for rip-offs, because they're quite naive, they have a lot of spending money, and their hormones are in over-drive.

If you want to laugh about a mob of rip offs taking advantage of, lying to, and stealing from military guys on leave, then go ahead. After your last guffaws snorkle away, perhaps you'll get behind a decent effort by local authorities to rid Thailand's beach resorts of the endemic scum that destroy many peoples' holidays.

<deleted>, are you on drugs or something ?

If your inlaws are Thai, would you mind posting (in Thai language and Thai script) the "diplomatic wording" that your "inlaws" would have preferred for the announcement of the USN's upcoming visit to Patong.

I have been to Patong and I know that on any given night, there's more than 80 Katoeys (transvestites, cross dressers, etc) in Patong. Forget the estimate that was quoted in the Thai media.

Patong has many Katoeys and they are typically aggressive and prone to illegal activities such as theft, etc. This is a problem that the Thais should have cleaned up 20-years ago. Patong is virtually a war zone and the the victims are any foreigner that enters. There are so many scams in Patong(including the Katoeys) that I cannot begin to ennumerate. If you're a foreigner, just stay away!

1- only a small minority of ladyboys are criminal

2- I've yet to come across a criminal ladyboy

3- Patong ladyboys are not typically agressive, what have you been smoking? In fact, they are much friendlier than most shop attendants in my home town.

4- 'so many scams' LOL, it has been said before, but people should use their brain!

R & R can mean: Rest and Relaxation...Rest and Recreation...Rest and Recuperation.

Also it is the Phuket Gazette that is calling it R & R...not the US Navy...no Quotes.

It would be nice if they would crackdown year round against all criminals...Thai or Farang...gay or straight.

But things could be much worse.

It's not just the ladyboys that the marines need to watch out for. How about that scumbag that rents jetskis then rips off the renters?

When you go to Thailand expect the unexpected. Drink if you must, but stay away from the locals and behave in a proper manner in public.

The world would be such a better place without alcohol.

I thought Marines were BIG, STRONG boys, and the MP's were there to protect the civilians.

It's not just the ladyboys that the marines need to watch out for. How about that scumbag that rents jetskis then rips off the renters?

When you go to Thailand expect the unexpected. Drink if you must, but stay away from the locals and behave in a proper manner in public.

It may be a better place but I sure as hel_l wouldn't want to live in it.

Picked my days perfectly, just off out for my first ever night out in Patong - thank God it's not tomorrow...

And with luck not many ladyboys to put with!

Many reasons to avoid Phuket and Patong in particular . US Naval Personnel makes it even greater place to avoid. The behaviour of US miltary and their attitude in all aspects ..abhorrent, arrogant , bawlish and brazen. Twas ever thus .

Never mind about Phuket, what's gonna happen to Pattaya? :)

Will this mean Jenny Star Bar will be shut? :D:D

Questions will be asked at the TV AGM.

I think hansnl has got it wrong. The Navy boys are on R&R and the katoeys are making the courtesy visit (courtesy of there being no customers in Pattaya).

1- only a small minority of ladyboys are criminal

2- I've yet to come across a criminal ladyboy

3- Patong ladyboys are not typically agressive, what have you been smoking? In fact, they are much friendlier than most shop attendants in my home town.

4- 'so many scams' LOL, it has been said before, but people should use their brain!

1. "Only a small minority of layboys are criminal."I disagree with you. I maintain (with 20-yrs experience) that a majority in Patong are criminal.

2. If you have not yet come accross a "criminal" ladyboy, you haven't been around long!

3. I don't smoke anything! I've been accosted my ladyboys on a number of occasions in Patong. They're agressive and I have caught them attempting to steal my wallet a number of times. Maybe I'm just more handsome than you but I've almost been the victim of a ladyboys more than I wish to remember. I visit Patong maybe once per year because I realize that it's full of cons.

4. I use my brain and am aware of what happens in Patong regularly. My post was attempting to warn newbies such as yourself and tourists who are relatively unaware of at least one variety of the rip-offs in Patong.

<deleted>, are you on drugs or something ?

I fully agree with <deleted>. I know the US soldiers from Germany and their "friendliness" when the are drunken. Sorry that only what I see many years in my country. 2500 GI's will come to phuket. How can tis work ?? I dont understand the Navy to allow that.

Get over it, sailors have been going on shore leave for hundreds of years and nothing has changed. There will be a lot of drunks, fights and puking and then they will all be gone and Phukett will go back to normal.

They will bring an infusion of money into the economy and ask any business man how he feels about a bit of R/R.

It's almost as you're saying (and I've heard rationized by the Thais before) that if the foreigner were not here, any crimes perpetuated against the foreigners (or accidents involving foreigners) would not have occurred so, in essence, it is the foreigner's fault for existing or being here.

Please go back into the hole that you (and your inlaws) crawled out from. Excuse me for my lack of "diplomatic wording".

Mate .. what utter 100% rubbish! Following your bizarre logic .. if I was back home in Sydney .. walked into a corner pizza shop while an armed robbery was taking place and consequently got shot .. then its my fault. If I wasn't in the shop and stayed home and ordered a home delivery the "crime" of me getting shot would not have happened.

You really should avoid going along with Thai logic and "rationalizations" ,, they're not very good at it. Try thinking for yourself sometimes.

I'm not sure if you quite understood what I stated but this logic is very bizarre and is 100% rubbish! This is "Thai" logic which is complete nonsense. We are in agreement!

Your interpretation of the idiom 'rest & recreation' is absolutely wrong. Do you think your countrymen would behave any better if if the mass media proclaims that this is a 'courtesy visit'? Come down off of your high horse. You should not be telling the US how to behave until you clean up your own government officials and countrymen's behavior.

Shame on you for even acting like you should be insulted. :)

I hope this whole thing was a joke....right?

No joke. I have never drank alcohol, except communion wine.

Your interpretation of the idiom 'rest & recreation' is absolutely wrong. Do you think your countrymen would behave any better if if the mass media proclaims that this is a 'courtesy visit'? Come down off of your high horse. You should not be telling the US how to behave until you clean up your own government officials and countrymen's behavior.

Why do you think the US navy drop anchor in Phuket ? To admire the scenery collect flowers for pressing and do some snorkelling .. :D

whats wrong with "R&R" almost all tourists come to phuket for R&R there is nothing sexual to those words, it is you and I guess your family assoicating Thailands sex trade to the words "rest and relaxation"...

Get over it, sailors have been going on shore leave for hundreds of years and nothing has changed. There will be a lot of drunks, fights and puking and then they will all be gone and Phukett will go back to normal.

They will bring an infusion of money into the economy and ask any business man how he feels about a bit of R/R.

Moe666 is correct. Cannot see a problem here.

Thai Ladyboy: "Hello sailor"

Sailor Boy: "Hello darling"

Thai Ladyboy: "You handsom man"

Sailor Boy: "You are beautiful. I love you"

Thai Ladyboy: "You handsom man. I luv you short time."

Everybody happy. End of story.

Very sad if after spending 3 to 6 months on a ship with 300+ guys they can't tell the difference?

Crack down checking their papers to check if they are really a woman or not?

Hilarious 555

What is the crime being committed?

Lying about am I beutiful or not?

I am sure they bring thousands of dollars to the Thai economy from their ATM everyday?

Sailor says yes how much then finds out she? is better equipped than him for battle?

Som nam na is my only comment great post

May I ask what your main reason for coming here was? Visiting ancient wats and taking pics of elephants?

I would have thought having a corrupt police force that ignores illegal prostitution, corrupt government officials, blatant racism against their own dark skinned citizens, blatant disregard for copyright laws (even by govt. schools) .. etc etc .. the list goes on .. would be more degrading. 

Why do you think the US navy drop anchor in Phuket ? To admire the scenery collect flowers for pressing and do some snorkelling .. :D

Some of the sailors may do just that. Others may prefer to carouse, etc. As long as they do not break the laws (or laws that are actually enforced) who are we to judge? Imagine yourself at 18-yrs old, in a "tin can" for months and finally allowed some shore-leave. Give them a break. Unfortunately they're just "fodder" for the Thai con men (and women) of Patong.