Crackdown On Criminal Ladyboys

george

Sailor influx prompts Phuket ladyboy crackdown

Police would be checking their ID and employment cards, he said. Those who didn't have the right papers "would have problems".

-----------------------

Is this a move to protect the turf for the local criminal lady boys?

How can anyone possibly say lady boys are not criminals??????????????????????????

[at least the 99% who have chosen a career which is illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

Advertising the R&R so blatantly is very degrading for the Thai people.

I was in Patpong last month when a much larger group of US service PEOPLE were ashore for R&R. I was nothing going on that would

shame the USA. Was there any sailors that were drunk? Yes, but I saw their collegues looking out for them, taking them back to their

hotel. At no point did I see any of the numerous shore patrols or tourist police actually have to do anything. These young men and

women were a credit to themselves. I'm sure that some "sex industry" stuff was going but I spent three nights on Bangla Road in their

company and there was less in your face prostitution going on than than when the pensioners hit town in Pattaya.

I was shocked at the number of femails from the ships. I guess I'm old and stupid, 46, but I had no idea the ratio would be so high.

Of course I'd heard that femails were allowed in the services but though they were mostly shore bound/ desk bound token positions.

Lots of the navy personel were in obvious couples, is this a good thing or a bad thing on a ship designed for war is whole new question.

I guess there is usually more sex going on on board the ship than there was in their hotels.

What was degrading to the Thai people was the inept bin padding that was being attemped. My friend and I accompanied by our Thai

wives ended up having to pay for each round as it came to stop the hassle of having to argue about the total to pay. The final straw

was when a 1560 baht bin was reduced to 700 with no arguement towards the end of our first evening. I thought Thai people would

have been cleverer than to attempt this with two couples that were obviously not a pair of greenhorns with their barfines. If they

were trying this on with us they must of been really scamming the sailors. I'm suprised that there wasn't a lot of bars being wrecked

when it came to pay up. When I was their age if it had happened to me and my mates they would have known about it.

This was our first visit to Patpong and I said to my mate that I was suprised at the low number of ladyboys about. I wondered if

they were all scooped up early in the day by ladyboy loving sailors or had the police had something to do with this. The night after

the navy left town it was back to business as normal and bangla road was crawling with them.

Did I understand the news item correctly? 2,500 marines per day will be on shore and the Thai police are protecting them from about 80 katoeys who might have the wrong paperwork...........

It does seem somewhat odd that 80 Katoeys could take on 2500 US Marines? Maybe we have just discovered the new  world power.   We should package them up " Or at least the ones that aren't already packaged up", and send them off to Afghanistan whilst the marines change venues at beach side.   Talk about a secret weapon, the Afghanistan won't know what hit them.   I heard they like to dress young boys up like women and make them dance.  Both the ladyboys and the Taliban would have a great time because I hear they both try to hide their packages before they let them explode.  This could get interesting.   

It's almost as you're saying (and I've heard rationized by the Thais before) that if the foreigner were not here, any crimes perpetuated against the foreigners (or accidents involving foreigners) would not have occurred so, in essence, it is the foreigner's fault for existing or being here.

Please go back into the hole that you (and your inlaws) crawled out from. Excuse me for my lack of "diplomatic wording".

Mate .. what utter 100% rubbish! Following your bizarre logic .. if I was back home in Sydney .. walked into a corner pizza shop while an armed robbery was taking place and consequently got shot .. then its my fault. If I wasn't in the shop and stayed home and ordered a home delivery the "crime" of me getting shot would not have happened.

You really should avoid going along with Thai logic and "rationalizations" ,, they're not very good at it. Try thinking for yourself sometimes.

I'm not sure if you quite understood what I stated but this logic is very bizarre and is 100% rubbish! This is "Thai" logic which is complete nonsense. We are in agreement!

Sorry mate .. I already realized my mistake and deleted the contents of my post above .. not fast enough though. Just stumbled across THIS post. I thought it was YOUR logic ..oops.

thank god I don't live in Phuket. R&R means sex an booze. But the "girls" and the bar owner pimps will have a heyday

I say tell the Navy to go somewhere else. American sailors are not known for their civilized behavior. To bad the pimps and whores are so broke that they need the Navy to survive. Also, why would the butch and masculine boys of the Navy need lady boys anyhow? Not getting enough aboard ship? :)

Edited by Navalator

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

<deleted>, are you on drugs or something ?

You put that so eloquently and I was stumbling around looking for words like "After shock".   

Stay tuned.... he will most likely tell you he only came here to save people, that he is a Born again Christian.......or worse a Politician.....LOL

<deleted>, are you on drugs or something ?

I fully agree with <deleted>. I know the US soldiers from Germany and their "friendliness" when the are drunken. Sorry that only what I see many years in my country. 2500 GI's will come to phuket. How can tis work ?? I dont understand the Navy to allow that.

This ain't Germany, the US Navy has been coming to Phuket for more years than you have been coming to Phuket. In my observations over the years I have been here in Thailand, they are pretty well behaved.

Did I understand the news item correctly? 2,500 marines per day will be on shore and the Thai police are protecting them from about 80 katoeys who might have the wrong paperwork...........

It does seem somewhat odd that 80 Katoeys could take on 2500 US Marines? Maybe we have just discovered the new world power. We should package them up " Or at least the ones that aren't already packaged up", and send them off to Afghanistan whilst the marines change venues at beach side. Talk about a secret weapon, the Afghanistan won't know what hit them. I heard they like to dress young boys up like women and make them dance. Both the ladyboys and the Taliban would have a great time because I hear they both try to hide their packages before they let them explode. This could get interesting.

I reckon you have a valid point here. The ladyboys would totally confuse the Taliban. Women are way down the food chain in their society but Ladyboys are not actually women ....... mmmm? Nah! Too complicated for a Taliban brain. They would just shoot them. Lucky we don't see too many Taliban tourists.

thank god I don't live in Phuket. R&R means sex an booze. But the "girls" and the bar owner pimps will have a heyday

I say tell the Navy to go somewhere else. American sailors are not known for their civilized behavior. To bad the pimps and whores are so broke that they need the Navy to survive. Also, why would the butch and masculine boys of the Navy need lady boys anyhow? Not getting enough aboard ship? :)

Full of Bi Sexuals and any sexuality US Military , anything with a hole :D

Thailand ain't gonna tell the Navy to somewhere else. Your ASSumption that the American sailors are not known for their civilized behavior is incorrect.

Full of Bi Sexuals and any sexuality US Military , anything with a hole :D

You sound like you have some "hard" experience on the matter...

No...No...You couldn't be that same guy that runs around Thailand complaining because the Thais don't speak English properly... are you?...Oh! Wow....you are, aren't you. 

:):D:D

Leave those Ladyboys alone.

That's what many of us want to do. Is leave them alone, in a distant corner of their mama's rice field, far far away, if possible. Trouble is, many ladyboys have an annoying habit of intruding on tourists' space. 'intruding' is the nicest word for it. Lots worse happens, for sure.

I thought Marines were BIG, STRONG boys, and the MP's were there to protect the civilians.

Yes, many of them are big strong guys. But there's no such thing as a fair fight in Thailand. Any hint of a fight, brings gobs of Thais running with weapons from every direction. Makes no matter whatsoever (to the adrenaline pumping Thais) what the core issue is. All that matters is one of their brethren was offended or threatened, and no such silliness as 'a fair fight' ever gets a thought by them. The closest analogy is 'prison mentality' where hordes of a similar ethnic group (or shade of skin) go bounding in mindlessly whenever there's a dust up. US military guys often get the bum deal in such scenarios because they're crippled by the quaint notion that a fight between two men is just that, a fight between two men (with no weapons, or similar weapons) - with the loser dusting himself off and accepting defeat.

Plus US military often have their own MP's (military police) nearby who will discipline them hard, regardless of who's at fault. No such restrictions for the local boys.

Sailor says yes how much then finds out she? is better equipped than him for battle?

Som nam na is my only comment great post

Sounds like you can say 'som nam na' (serves you right) for every sort of scam. That's your choice. However, there's nothing cute about being ripped off. If a man bargains to take a woman somewhere private, and finds out it's a male, then the customer has obviously been lied to and duped. If you can get over your tittering about men dressing as women, then you might realize that it's a scam and the customer is getting ripped off. How much different, in terms of cheating customers, is it if you were to order tofu soup and find out later it was made with chopped up bull's tongue, goat brains and pig hooves (actual food items in high class French/Spanish restaurants).

It's not 'som nam na' when a vendor is lying to you and/or otherwise grossly misrepresenting the product/service for sale. It's called being cheated. It gets worse, in regard to the OP, when a group of katoy get violent and cause serious harm. Yes, it happens, .....and not rarely. Patong cops could probably tell you hundreds of such stories, but ask them to name one time when a violent katoy was seriously apprehended, and they'll probably be stumped (no pun intended).

Yes I remember you said this when the Ronald Reagen Strike Group was here. Again I will tell you that you couldn't be more wrong. R&R is an innocuous term, and actually means rest and relaxation. You are the only one here tying the term to sex, and so you are the one disrespecting Thai people, so get off of it. Advertising it as R&R is not baltently degrading. And I can tell you the Thai people in Phuket are very glad the Navy has moved from Pattaya to Phuket. This is soley because of the hard work of Phukets new Navy League which is a group of multi-national expats that volunteer their time and act as liaisons between the Navy and Phuket making sure everything goes well and all the Sailors stay safe. And no, half Dutch Jetski tout JJ isn't one of them. (And it's no secret that most of them have businesses in Phuket which benefit from that Navy visiting as well)

You had to have tow people confirm for you that the Vietnam era is gone? Hmmm..

Edited by Scubabuddha

Many reasons to avoid Phuket and Patong in particular . US Naval Personnel makes it even greater place to avoid. The behaviour of US miltary and their attitude in all aspects ..abhorrent, arrogant , bawlish and brazen. Twas ever thus .

What a load of crap. I've been in Pattaya and Phuket many times when the Navy was in a very few problems. I wonder why some people have to make this stuff up.

Lets all face the reality here - just more lip service to cover their ass - its opportunistic crime they are talking about.

Its not only the Katoeys - there will be literally hundreds of people committing petty crime and rip-offs the entire time the ships crews are at port.

A large majority will be making the trip especial to Phuket - in order to commit these crimes. A large majority of these criminals will leave 1 or 2 weeks after they are gone.

....I guess there is usually more sex going on on board the ship than there was in their hotels.....

Talking to the guys from the Ronald Reagan, they said that 13 women were sent home on maternity leave within the first few months of setting sail.

....If they were trying this on with us they must of been really scamming the sailors. I'm suprised that there wasn't a lot of bars being wrecked

when it came to pay up. When I was their age if it had happened to me and my mates they would have known about it.

This topic also came up. The sailors are instructed in detail on how to act when ashore. It is explained that they are ambassadors from their country and should behave accordingly. Almost all do. Wrecking a bar is out of the question. Also, in addition to actual shore patrol (what the US Navy calls their military police) there are numerous "SLG's" Shore Liason Gaurds. These are regular sailors that roam the tourist areas helping keep an eye on their brethren in exchange for more time ashore, but no alcohol for them. You'll see them in the polos with "SLG" on them.

Many reasons to avoid Phuket and Patong in particular . US Naval Personnel makes it even greater place to avoid. The behaviour of US miltary and their attitude in all aspects ..abhorrent, arrogant , bawlish and brazen. Twas ever thus .

What a load of crap. I've been in Pattaya and Phuket many times when the Navy was in a very few problems. I wonder why some people have to make this stuff up.

Agreed. (With Ulysses) Absolute <deleted>.

:D Please pardon us plain spoken people from the colonies, I know we should all go to EATON to learn how to behave in the proper way. :)

I have witnessed how your countrymen behave in Thailand :D . You sir should be ashamed of their disrespect of Thailand and its people. The pompous

words of your post are classic British BS. American troops are the best behaved visitors to Thailand or they will be punished. Just ask a Thai.

What is so blatant about R & R Rest and Relaxation this term was used by military personnel that protected your sorry butt and those of your parents through all the wars....And what was your first trip to Thailand for, Scuba Diving?

I think they are still sore from WW 2 when they lost all their women to the handsome and fun guys from the USA who saved their ass.

And again who makes you and expert on diplomatic wording? And you have the perverted sick mind to think the US Navy is here just for cheap sex...I have seen them in Pattaya, very respectful young men, many married and would not think of sleeping with the cheap whores...they enjoyed the culture and the "Real Thai People"...get your mind out of the gutter...takes one to know one...

Edited by Pongpat