Crackdown On Criminal Ladyboys

george

Kathu Police Commander Grissak Songmoonnark said last time a large contingent of US Navy sailors were in Phuket around 80 ladyboys were arrested for petty crime.

Several people have made the comment that 80 ladyboys doesn't sound like a lot. Nowhere does it say that only 80 ladyboys came to Phuket from Pattaya. That is only the number that were arrested. Presumably not every single ladyboy was arrested on the spot, only the 80 that were caught committing crimes.

About half of them came to the island from Pattaya with the intention of robbing the Americans, Col Grissak said.

Hmm, I guess that means that now would be a good time to visit Pattaya... :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange story. How will the police be able to determine who is a gang member and who is not? Checking employment papers is ever weirder. They have a Thai ID card unless the government suddenly passed a law that Thai citizens need prior permission to travel and need to register with the authorities this is just small talk.

While we all know that Kathoeys can be quite literally a pain in the ass and that they behave often very unpleasant I do not see how the police could crack down this way without crossing the line. Let's hope for this overzealous officers that the ladyboys do not put them on candid camera, as the entire force in Phuket would panic again when they find themselves at Youtube....

The bottom line is that Thailand becomes a police state. only in police states you can arrest people and fine them BEFORE something has happened.

My understanding is they want all the LB prostitutes to be employed by a bar, so they are traceable.. The Bangla freelance ones are photographed and kept on record with those records used to help identify after crimes.

1- only a small minority of ladyboys are criminal

2- I've yet to come across a criminal ladyboy

3- Patong ladyboys are not typically agressive, what have you been smoking? In fact, they are much friendlier than most shop attendants in my home town.

4- 'so many scams' LOL, it has been said before, but people should use their brain!

1) Ohh really ?? Prostituion is a crime, and you dont think many of them are on the game..

2) Childish snigger.. See 1..

R & R is Rest & Recreation. What's the problem with that? It's a euphemism...or at least was. You can change it to CV or Courtesy Visit but it still amounts to the same thing. It is only a question of time before Courtesy Visit becomes a euphemism for drunken debauchery anyway because, at the end of the day, that's what it is.

If certain States were not so accommodating with provision for naval R & R, there would not be a problem.

I wonder if very many of the critics of the US Navy have really experienced not many, if any, ships on liberty? Overall, I think the US Navy and Marines do a pretty good job of policing up their ranks. One big stick is that if you cause a liberty incident, you are confined to the ship for the rest of your float at the least. You may lose ranks and money as well. But yes, in Phuket, there will be some drinking and debauchery going on, just as there is for many of the other tourists coming to Thailand. Just as there is for the Aussie, British, French, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean Navy ships pulling into Hawaii for R & R. (My first introduction to the bar scene of women and buying them drinks was in the company of some French petty officers who took me under their wing in Honolulu.)

My most memorable port visits included three days rebuilding an orphanage in Korea, a trip to the Masada, trout fishing in Korea, being "adopted" by a family in Perth, and being the first US ship to visit Hakodate, Japan, since the end of WWII. None of them being drunken fits of debauchery (although a little debauchery might have slipped in with a British girl in Benidorm.) And I think you will find that other than adding some beer to the equation, those expereinces of mine are far more the norm than what is being presented here by some posters.

I may not agree with Daewoo and his opinion of the US military, but he is open-minded enough not to see a problem with a simple port visit. He is not letting his overall opinion of the military color his judgement on something unrelated. Sailors and Marines having a beer are no different from any other tourist having a beer, afterall.

I have been to Patong and I know that on any given night, there's more than 80 Katoeys (transvestites, cross dressers, etc) in Patong. Forget the estimate that was quoted in the Thai media.

Patong has many Katoeys and they are typically aggressive and prone to illegal activities such as theft, etc. This is a problem that the Thais should have cleaned up 20-years ago. Patong is virtually a war zone and the the victims are any foreigner that enters. There are so many scams in Patong(including the Katoeys) that I cannot begin to ennumerate. If you're a foreigner, just stay away!

1- only a small minority of ladyboys are criminal

2- I've yet to come across a criminal ladyboy

3- Patong ladyboys are not typically agressive, what have you been smoking? In fact, they are much friendlier than most shop attendants in my home town.

4- 'so many scams' LOL, it has been said before, but people should use their brain!

It's so easy to pick on, make fun of a minority. Typical stereotyping. Some of you people should be ashamed.

This is how a certain "minority" in Germany must have felt in the early 1930s.

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

Advertising the R&R so blatantly is very degrading for the Thai people.

R & R is Rest & Recreation. What's the problem with that? It's a euphemism...or at least was. You can change it to CV or Courtesy Visit but it still amounts to the same thing. It is only a question of time before Courtesy Visit becomes a euphemism for drunken debauchery anyway because, at the end of the day, that's what it is.

If certain States were not so accommodating with provision for naval R & R, there would not be a problem.

I wonder if very many of the critics of the US Navy have really experienced not many, if any, ships on liberty? Overall, I think the US Navy and Marines do a pretty good job of policing up their ranks. One big stick is that if you cause a liberty incident, you are confined to the ship for the rest of your float at the least. You may lose ranks and money as well. But yes, in Phuket, there will be some drinking and debauchery going on, just as there is for many of the other tourists coming to Thailand. Just as there is for the Aussie, British, French, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean Navy ships pulling into Hawaii for R & R. (My first introduction to the bar scene of women and buying them drinks was in the company of some French petty officers who took me under their wing in Honolulu.)

My most memorable port visits included three days rebuilding an orphanage in Korea, a trip to the Masada, trout fishing in Korea, being "adopted" by a family in Perth, and being the first US ship to visit Hakodate, Japan, since the end of WWII. None of them being drunken fits of debauchery (although a little debauchery might have slipped in with a British girl in Benidorm.) And I think you will find that other than adding some beer to the equation, those expereinces of mine are far more the norm than what is being presented here by some posters.

I may not agree with Daewoo and his opinion of the US military, but he is open-minded enough not to see a problem with a simple port visit. He is not letting his overall opinion of the military color his judgement on something unrelated. Sailors and Marines having a beer are no different from any other tourist having a beer, afterall.

EXCELLENT POST

Are there serious ladyboys ??? So why do they have to come from Pattaya to Phuket to welcome the American navy? The fact they behave like this is proof that they are "commercial" ladyboys and ready to do everything for the "money". They are worse than prostitutes. Round them up and put them all in jail for a while. They're all just good for nothing unless for stealing and for robbing innocent victims. They are all sick anyway, if not between their legs, then between their ears. And they have to pay off their surgery because their dick isn't worth anything for sale: even the street dogs do not like! Get rid of them... and save the world from katoeys, Toms and alike... :):D

Well I can guess who won't be winning the PC Award (political correctness) this morning.

The American service men spoiled beautiful places like Phuket and Pattaya over the years turned them into huge cesspits and brothels exploited the general population. Thet deserve everything they are going to receive. They think the whole world is thier toilet and think can shit anywhere and on anyone whenever they want because they think they are superior to the rest of us. The ladyboys will only be doing to them what they have been doing to the rest of the world for years. Hope they all get a dose while they are at it.

Your jealousy is showing. You sound like if you had half a chance to serve in the most powerful armed forces on the planet, you would gayly jump at the opportunity.

"...because they think they are superior to the rest of us." so you have a clairvoyant ability to know what they're thinking?

Seriously though, it might be fun to throw muck at US service men now, but when you and your little country get in some serious doo-doo, guess who you'll go running to in a Bangkok minute? Yup, that's right. Uncle Sam and his doughboys are who you'll turn to when you need some serious muscle to get your skinny butt out of a tough situation. They may or may not think they're superior, but you can bet your rubber band slingshot they've got the superior fire power, and they know how to use it.

They've got another type of superior equipment, which would partly explain why the whores and katoy are frothing over at the seams at the sight of those ships coming in.

Edited by brahmburgers

:D Please pardon us plain spoken people from the colonies, I know we should all go to EATON to learn how to behave in the proper way. :)

I have witnessed how your countrymen behave in Thailand :D . You sir should be ashamed of their disrespect of Thailand and its people. The pompous

words of your post are classic British BS. American troops are the best behaved visitors to Thailand or they will be punished. Just ask a Thai.

You asked. American marines are amonst the most unbehaved and totally disrespectful of orders issued aboard ship that i have ever seen.

The english have more going for them in respect or milatary orders than most US MARINES.

bonobo - Thanks for not taking offence... I should have qualified it by saying that my comments are not directed specifically at people just because they 'served'... of course all of my Grandfathers and their brothers answered the call for WWII, and my father missed being called up for Vietnam because his birthday was July 4th and July 5th came up in the ballot...

It is really just the attitude of "I served in Phake Tan and killed 30 gooks who were trying to kill me, so I deserve respect" and "I served in the 4th light tank with super big gun unit, and we were way tougher than your 3rd heavy tank with small gun unit"... especially when half of them did hardly saw duty in their 10 years of PT and 'exercises'...

I guess my views are also tainted by the fact that every single regular (Austrlian) ARMY person I have ever met in Australia and most of the Airforce ones have been complete <deleted>... and I should say that my experince of Americans I have met/seen outside of America puts them well down the list of badly behaved tourists - English at the top, and Aussies not far behind...

I do have a mate from near Chiang Mai who I honestly believe is a pretty hard ex-special forces guy... but he is also a complete gentleman, and a genuine bloke... I was really hoping he was going to punch the snot out of the obnoxious, loud mouth, ex-bar owner from Las Vegas we met in Kanchanaburi for ANZAC Day...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Are there serious ladyboys ??? So why do they have to come from Pattaya to Phuket to welcome the American navy? The fact they behave like this is proof that they are "commercial" ladyboys and ready to do everything for the "money". They are worse than prostitutes. Round them up and put them all in jail for a while. They're all just good for nothing unless for stealing and for robbing innocent victims. They are all sick anyway, if not between their legs, then between their ears. And they have to pay off their surgery because their dick isn't worth anything for sale: even the street dogs do not like! Get rid of them... and save the world from katoeys, Toms and alike... :D:D

Well I can guess who won't be winning the PC Award (political correctness) this morning.

The American service men spoiled beautiful places like Phuket and Pattaya over the years turned them into huge cesspits and brothels exploited the general population. Thet deserve everything they are going to receive. They think the whole world is thier toilet and think can shit anywhere and on anyone whenever they want because they think they are superior to the rest of us. The ladyboys will only be doing to them what they have been doing to the rest of the world for years. Hope they all get a dose while they are at it.

Your jealousy is showing. You sound like if you had half a chance to serve in the most powerful armed forces on the planet, you would gayly jump at the opportunity.

"...because they think they are superior to the rest of us." so you have a clairvoyant ability to know what they're thinking?

Seriously though, it might be fun to throw muck at US service men now, but when you and your little country get in some serious doo-doo, guess who you'll go running to in a Bangkok minute? Yup, that's right. Uncle Sam and his doughboys are who you'll turn to when you need some serious muscle to get your skinny butt out of a tough situation. They may or may not think they're superior, but you can bet your rubber band slingshot they've got the superior fire power, and they know how to use it.

They've got another type of superior equipment, which would partly explain why the whores and katoy are frothing over at the seams at the sight of those ships coming in.

:)

GAYLEY jump at the oppertunity to serve in the US armed forces? I don't think so leave the gay life for the US sailors coming into port for the ladyboys.

I seem to recall the US military always calling on thier allies to come and help them with thier fights. Vietnam, Irak and afganistan come to mind. Having the biggest arsenal in the world does not make you the best army. A good army is made from the men who serve in it not the size of the stick. What conflict has the US ever won without the assistance of it friends.

Oh you did win the civil war but then you were only kicking your own arse was a win win situation..

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

long time since I read such absolute bullshit

what nonsence

long time since I read such absolute bullshit

Courtesy visit, R&R, shore leave whatever you call it, it all means the same. A few thousand young bucks with money in thier pockets and hormones running wild. It means good income and a lot of work for the ladyboys and bargirls. The girls are going to need a good long rest and cleansing after the boat sails.

Doesn't sound like you'd be happy with ANYTHING the US Navy did or does. Maybe it's just your own hatred for America that propells your distain. You seem to be the kind of liberal that feels everything is ok if we parse our words in politically correct terms, R&R vs "Courtesy visit". Personally, when I pay a "courtesy visit" I'm most likely visiting the men's room.

my father missed being called up for Vietnam because his birthday was July 4th and July 5th came up in the ballot...

Crickey!! How unlucky was that! The poor bastard! All that fun, adventure and excitement he missed out on.

Pretty happy that I made it to 33 before he died tho... would have been a bummer if he died before I was injectified into my mum...

Are people so resentful and hateful in here they only see the negative and refuse to see the positive?

I'm glad the USN is visiting. Good for the economy and good to have people that will be spending a large part of their time contributing to social projects on the island. For the people who are clueless, here's an excerpt of some of the things the crew did last week in Indonesia

BHR ARG Provides Needed Care in Indonesia

BALURAN, Indonesia (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines teamed up with Indonesian medical personnel Oct. 19-21, to offer needed medical and dental care to local residents in Baluran, Indonesia during Marine Exercise (MAREX) 2009.

Navy medical and dental teams from USS Rushmore (LSD 47) and USS Cleveland (LPD 7) were transported ashore via Landing Craft, Utility (LCU) boats and CH-46E Sea Knight helicopters as the two ships sailed off the coast of Indonesia.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rushmore Marine Runs Marine Corps Marathon at Sea

USS RUSHMORE, At Sea (NNS) -- While underway aboard USS Rushmore (LSD 47), a Marine from the embarked 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit ran 26.2 miles Oct. 25 in honor of the "The People's Marathon," the 34th annual Marine Corps Marathon

BHR ARG, 11th MEU Paint School in Timor-Leste

MANATUTO, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines from the Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) and 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) teamed up to paint a local school in Manatuto, Timor-Leste during a community service project, Oct. 19-20.

BHR ARG/11th MEU Soccer Team Scores Good Relationship with Timor-Leste

DILI, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines serving aboard USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) played a goodwill soccer match against the men's Under Seventeen Timor-Leste National Team at Dili National Stadium Oct. 18.

Bonhomme Richard Project Handclasp Reaches out to Timor-Leste

DILI, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors from the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) presented four pallets of medical and hygiene supplies from Project Handclasp to local organizations Oct. 17 in Dili, Timor-Leste.

Bonhomme Richard ARG Sailors Visit Timor-Leste Orphanages

DILI, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors from the USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) participated in a community service projects at two orphanages in Dili Oct. 17.

QUESTION: For all of you folks pissing on the USN visit, have you ever contributed or participated in the community like these sailors? Get a grip. Better yet, get a life.

Well thats gonna really mess it up for the Yank Navy boys...always thought they liked a bit of flippy floppy down below.....guess they may have to go for the real thing this time :D

the sailors (Navy) maybe :) but the Marines, never happen G.I. semper fi....

Doesn't sound like you'd be happy with ANYTHING the US Navy did or does. Maybe it's just your own hatred for America that propells your distain. You seem to be the kind of liberal that feels everything is ok if we parse our words in politically correct terms, R&R vs "Courtesy visit". Personally, when I pay a "courtesy visit" I'm most likely visiting the men's room.

:)it's the mens rooms you have to watch out for the lady boys.. maybe the Phuket police should post an undercover officer in there. :D

:)it's the mens rooms you have to watch out for the lady boys.. maybe the Phuket police should post an undercover officer in there. :D

handing out warm towels and neck rubs.. :D

Are people so resentful and hateful in here they only see the negative and refuse to see the positive?

I'm glad the USN is visiting. Good for the economy and good to have people that will be spending a large part of their time contributing to social projects on the island. For the people who are clueless, here's an excerpt of some of the things the crew did last week in Indonesia

BALURAN, Indonesia (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines teamed up with Indonesian medical personnel Oct. 19-21, to offer needed medical and dental care to local residents in Baluran, Indonesia during Marine Exercise (MAREX) 2009.

Navy medical and dental teams from USS Rushmore (LSD 47) and USS Cleveland (LPD 7) were transported ashore via Landing Craft, Utility (LCU) boats and CH-46E Sea Knight helicopters as the two ships sailed off the coast of Indonesia.

USS RUSHMORE, At Sea (NNS) -- While underway aboard USS Rushmore (LSD 47), a Marine from the embarked 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit ran 26.2 miles Oct. 25 in honor of the "The People's Marathon," the 34th annual Marine Corps Marathon

MANATUTO, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines from the Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) and 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) teamed up to paint a local school in Manatuto, Timor-Leste during a community service project, Oct. 19-20.

DILI, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors and Marines serving aboard USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) played a goodwill soccer match against the men's Under Seventeen Timor-Leste National Team at Dili National Stadium Oct. 18.

DILI, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors from the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) presented four pallets of medical and hygiene supplies from Project Handclasp to local organizations Oct. 17 in Dili, Timor-Leste.

DILI, Timor-Leste (NNS) -- Sailors from the USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6) Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) participated in a community service projects at two orphanages in Dili Oct. 17.

QUESTION: For all of you folks pissing on the USN visit, have you ever contributed or participated in the community like these sailors? Get a grip. Better yet, get a life.

Answer: How many of them contributed of thier own free will and were not simply following orders as part of thier duty. Yes I commend them even if they were ordered to do so. Now my question: How many would do it if they had the choice community work or drink a few beers in a bar and get your long fella cleansed by the lips of a beautiful woman. I bet more than 2,000 of them would be in the bar.

bonobo - Thanks for not taking offence... I should have qualified it by saying that my comments are not directed specifically at people just because they 'served'... of course all of my Grandfathers and their brothers answered the call for WWII, and my father missed being called up for Vietnam because his birthday was July 4th and July 5th came up in the ballot...

No offense taken at all.

I served in the Navy for 4 years and the Marines for 30, and I have my own bones to pick with the military based on my experiences. So I can hardly fault anyone for opinions which might be more cirtical than mine. Unlike some, though, you state your opinion without rancor and don't let those opinions close your eyes to other issues. And for that, you have my respect even if we don't necessarily agree on everything.

Answer: How many of them contributed of thier own free will and were not simply following orders as part of thier duty. Yes I commend them even if they were ordered to do so. Now my question: How many would do it if they had the choice community work or drink a few beers in a bar and get your long fella cleansed by the lips of a beautiful woman. I bet more than 2,000 of them would be in the bar.

None were ordered to do this (at least, in my many port visits, no one ever ordered anyone to volunteer for anything like this.). This is not a legal order.

As hard as it may be to believe, some young men and women actually enjoy doing good for a community. And there will undoubtedly be other opportunities in Phuket for them the sailors and Marines. And if they have a beer or two at night after their volunteer work, so what?

It wasn't the US Navy that claimed their visit was only for R&R, it was the Phuket Gazette. But anyway why would you be upset about a US government agencies honesty? It does not happen very often! Also why is it degrading to the Thai people? Are Tourist degrading to the Thai People?

None were ordered to do this (at least, in my many port visits, no one ever ordered anyone to volunteer for anything like this.). This is not a legal order.

As hard as it may be to believe, some young men and women actually enjoy doing good for a community. And there will undoubtedly be other opportunities in Phuket for them the sailors and Marines. And if they have a beer or two at night after their volunteer work, so what?

I commend and take my hat off to them and yes they deserve a beer or three at night.

What is a long list of what they are paid to do got anything to do with this thread. They're in Patong for a pissed up whore mongering ladyboy shafting good time. Fair enough .. good luck to them .. have fun.

EDIT .. Answer to the "QUESTION"

I haven't been pissing on the USN but I have worked in Thailand as a volunteer on a couple of occasions .. for free .. I wasn't being paid by Uncle Sam. Not saying they will not be doing any community work .. but lets  thank the US government for paying them to do it.

Edited by tmark

What is a long list of what they are paid to do got anything to do with this thread. They're in Patong for a pissed up whore mongering ladyboy shafting good time. Fair enough .. good luck to them .. have fun.

EDIT .. Answer to the "QUESTION"

I haven't been pissing on the USN but I have worked in Thailand as a volunteer on a couple of occasions .. for free .. I wasn't being paid by Uncle Sam. Not saying they will not be doing any community work .. but lets thank the US government for paying them to do it.

Not to be picky, but no, they are not being paid to do volunteer work. They get no benefit except to their feeling of self-worth.

They can sleep in aboard the ship, they can lay on the beach, they can start on their first beer early, they can go fishing--all while retaining their full salary. Or they can go do volunteer work instead. No difference in pay.

Saying they are being paid to do this is the same as saying someone on a salary who takes his or her weekend off or evenings to volunteer is getting paid to do so.