Crackdown On Criminal Ladyboys

george

With all due respect the Australians have fought alongside the Americans and in every war ampitheatre across the world.

We fought in France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Iran, Irak, and Afghanistan. Is that close to home. No, I bet you are american and talking up your country with typical Amercican bull <deleted>. When our special forces give up on Americas wars that Americans create people like you and the wars your country create will be screaming for help from countries like Australia. America the land of big mouth and bull <deleted> politics.

Well said

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand thrives on sex tourism. The Thai government knows it. The US government knows it. All of those sailors know it. Nobody cares. Everybody is happy. Think about it. If you were on a ship for six months with 3,000 other guys, where would you want to go on your vacation? It wouldn't be going home to see your mother. Time to go get hammered and bang bar girls in Phuket. Perfect. Ready for another six months Captain!

I think I agree with you without the sex industry places like phuket and pattaya would simply collapse become ghost towns.

Boy, sure gottit wrong this time.

We arrive Saturday morning.

How long are the ships visiting for? (Days)....not ship lengths.....<deleted>.......hehe

GFues I could put the g/f to work....... hmmmmmmmmmm.

Boy, sure gottit wrong this time.

We arrive Saturday morning.

How long are the ships visiting for? (Days)....not ship lengths.....<deleted>.......hehe

GFues I could put the g/f to work....... hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe you misread the topic. It is the American Navy coming into town Sailors. They prefer warm chocalate that is why the ladyboys are flocking there. Sorry but I don't think there will be many employment opertunities for your g/f :)

The Pacific theater in WWII comes to mind. On-the-field supporters were relatively few in number and were either defeated at the outset (the British) or stayed close to their homeland (the Aussies).

The British were never defeated in WWII and the Aussies were not cowards as you are suggesting and stayed close to the comforts of home. The Australians were fighting across Europe as well as right across the Asia / Pacific region. This just goes to prove that Americans have very little knowledge of world history just the brain washing American education that they receive about how Americans save the world and without the idiots the world would be lost. I bet you didn't even know that Australia was attacked in WWII or that the Japanese even made it to Sydney but were repelled by Aussies alone. There is another world outside of the USA. No wonder the entire world hates the Americans with thier self scented godly attitude and they way they think that the rest of the world can't survive without them putting thier noses in.

With all due respect the Australians have fought alongside the Americans and in every war ampitheatre across the world.

We fought in France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Iran, Irak, and Afghanistan. Is that close to home. No, I bet you are american and talking up your country with typical Amercican bull <deleted>.

whoa nellie. I didn't know the Aussies were so thin-skinned and quick to twist the parameters of what's being discussed. If you look at my post you'll see it specifically referred to Aussie participation in the Pacific theater of WWII. Yes Australia was active militarily in New Guinea, but let us know where they waged a military campaign further afield during the war against the Japanese? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

It wasn't an attempt to denigrate the Aussies, but instead a response to an earlier post which claimed the US never fought a war without substantial outside assistance.

As for Aussies participating in other conflicts at other times, I have no doubt they were as active and courageous as any other participants.

As for the Brits, got to love 'em and they're also courageous, but again, in regard to the Pacific theater of WWII, their relatively small forces were defeated at the outset (primarily on the sea off the east coast of Malaya, and at Singapore). Again, it's no denigration of them as a fighting force, it's simply a statement of historical fact.

If I wanted to denigrate a fighting force during that sad period of human history, I could certainly find juicier targets.

I think this guy has not researched very much.

The Americans were last to join with ANZAC forces in the 2 world wars.

Seems they sat watching till something upset them.

No way can you say anything against the Ockors, the RAN ran patrols .

Australian forces played a key role in the Pacific War, making up the majority of Allied strength in the South West Pacific.

Get real mate.

Cheers to the ANZAC forces.

Per capita, NZ had more men fighting, and unfortunately lost more, in both WW1 and WW2.

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

Advertising the R&R so blatantly is very degrading for the Thai people.

You must be joking! Do you even understand what the words "rest" and "recreation" mean? Courtesy visit ??!! .....no navy in the world goes ashore as a courtesy visit, they go ashore to rest, relax and have a good time. This sounds suspiciously like another America hater finding an excuse to bash the USA.

For a moment i thought i was reading the wrong thread.

Isn't this the thread about a crackdown on criminal ladyboys?

Seems to be more of a world war 2 reunion to me. :)

Is it possible to have one topic on tv that actually stays on topic?

Well said Pete & I am sure there were more than a few in the closet lady boys in every country's fighting forces.

When I first came to Phuket Soi Bangla was a two way dirt road & the number of lady boys could be counted on two hands as you could see most of them on the fringes of the Kangaroo Bar which was a great party place after 2am. About 12 years ago I had quite a few beers at a Friday night BBQ on Rat-U-Thit & late that night wandered down a dark beach road on my way to Bangla to meet up with some friends at Playskool. On the way I was accosted by a bunch of katoeys who were in no way violent but did manage to hoist Baht 500 out of my pocket. These days a similar incident could be quite nasty.

Reminds me of a trip I made to Phuket in the early 90s when there were only a few beer bars in Patong and it was still a nice place. The US navy was in town and a group of very unpleasant ladyboys had descended on the bars from Pattaya, getting hired as casual "ladies" on commission without salary. The real bargirls had to help them get barfined by sailors before they had a chance at the pickings themselves under threat of violence. One bg I talked to told me that a katoey was trying to get a sailor in her bar but the sailor didn't fancy the freak and barfined the girl instead. In the retaliation the katoey followed her into the toilet and beat the crap out of her. The bar owners were happy with the income they got from the katoeys who were much more aggressive than their own staff and didn't care what trouble the katoeys might cause to staff or customers. Most the Yank sailors are naive and drunk enough to think they are going with a woman, whereas I believe the katoeys' main business in Pattaya and elsewhere is with older tourists who like a bit extra down below.

Not sure what the police are really planning, apart from PR, if anything. But I remember that the Bangkok police succesfully removed all the katoeys who hang around in the street in Patpong and Nana during a World Bank conference to avoid the embarrassement of headlines like, "Foreign central banker found with throat slit in hotel room after picking up transvestite". Once the bankers had gone home the katoeys were able to resume their business of harrassing and pick pocketing tourists and the police were able to resume their business of charging them kick backs.

Again, it is shameful that the US-Navy advertises so openly that the main reason for them to come to Thailand is Rest & Recreation.

In normal diplomatic wording it should have been called a courtesy visit from the US-Navy to Thailand.

According to my wife and father in law, and myself, the Vietnam era is long gone, and the US should behave like any respectful state.

Advertising the R&R so blatantly is very degrading for the Thai people.

That is an interesting but fair point.

Point very well made and often overlooked

• 2 weeks later...
I have a real problem with the attitude of so many Americans to their military and their pride in it... when will they realise that for most of the world, entering the military is seen as the last resort of the lowest intelligence and socially inadequate... and your pride in being in the military should really be shame that you couldn't do something better...

You have a problem with people having pride in their militaries?

And that's why they are the "rest of the world". I'm in the US armed forces stationed in the U.K. British have a hel_l of a lot of pride in their military (as they should) and many of them I have worked closely with "downrange" are smart, capable, and quite frankly brave people. You must remember that outside of academia, the military is most likely the single most educated single group of people in the US. Heck, the AETC (Air Force education and Training Command) is the single largest educational body in the free world. You need to realize that in the US, the military pays well and demands a lot from you. They have to compete with colleges for the best. It's not a sloppy conscript force, it's professional. Which is why countries who adopt the same model are typically countries with far superior militaries.