20kg Parcel To Australia - Is There A Cheaper Way Then Via Thai Post?

MeMock

I have a 20kg parcel - about the size of a banana box - that I need to send to Australia from Ubon. It might become quite a regular thing so am looking for a cheaper option then the 7200 baht quoted by Thai Post.

I would rather that it doesn't take too much longer then a few weeks.

I have a 20kg parcel - about the size of a banana box - that I need to send to Australia from Ubon. It might become quite a regular thing so am looking for a cheaper option then the 7200 baht quoted by Thai Post.

I would rather that it doesn't take too much longer then a few weeks.

Thai post will probably be the cheapest but contact FEDEX,DHL,UPS

I have shipped boxes to Canada with FEDEX

they have a 25kg box with a set price, been awhile since I've shipped big, but try them out.

Last box was 5200bht 25kg to Canada took 5 days with customs,

Funny how Canada customs didn't add duties and tax on the shipping and at a very odd rate.

Should ship the same box back and see what happens on this end.

But try ScamEx and see what they can do for yah.

I believe Korat is the nearest location.

Try calling them to see.

Customer Service Hotline

1782 (Hotline number)

1800-236-236 (Toll free numbers from outside Bangkok and vicinity)

If you're shipping coffee beans are you aware of the import laws for food items in OZ ?

Seems Australia is very particular when it comes to these type of things

I believe Korat is the nearest location.

Try calling them to see.

Customer Service Hotline

1782 (Hotline number)

1800-236-236 (Toll free numbers from outside Bangkok and vicinity)

If you're shipping coffee beans are you aware of the import laws for food items in OZ ?

Seems Australia is very particular when it comes to these type of things

Quite right too, but the Agri-zealots slipped up somewhere, recently, we now have Fireants marching to all destinations in Aus. :)

International parcel by air is B7400, international parcel SAL(surface & air) is B3310 so that may take less time than the int'l parcel surface B2740, did you get your quote directly from the post office? If so then they may not have known the rates or durations correctly(it's plausible!).

Cheers, will do.

MeMock, I can't understand how Aus Customs have missed/passed your coffee beans!?

No food, No plants, No shells, No leather, No meat etc. You were lucky-lucky-lucky.

Good luck in future, but do not try carrying it on your person...BIG trouble. Backsoon :)

• 4 months later...
Cheers, will do.

MeMock, I can't understand how Aus Customs have missed/passed your coffee beans!?

No food, No plants, No shells, No leather, No meat etc. You were lucky-lucky-lucky.

Good luck in future, but do not try carrying it on your person...BIG trouble. Backsoon :)

They are roasted and vacuum sealed = no problems.

My Mum took 12 kg with her, my Dad 5kg and a friend 18kg in their luggage and no issues at all.

International parcel by air is B7400, international parcel SAL(surface & air) is B3310 so that may take less time than the int'l parcel surface B2740, did you get your quote directly from the post office? If so then they may not have known the rates or durations correctly(it's plausible!).

Fed ex came in at 9,000 baht so might go back to the Post Office and try again. Thanks MaiDong.