Visa options

Hi

My Wife and I are currently considering emigrating to Thailand from the UK.

We are both under 50 and have no intention of working in Thailand, at least not initially.

Please could somebody advise me of which visas might be available to us and the conditions we would need to satisfy in order to obtain them.

I estimate that we shall be in a position to deposit approximately 7 million baht in a Thai bank account initially.

Thank you in anticipation for your help.

Regards

Thailand-bound

the retirement visa  eludes you until you are 50 years,  and without the 10 mill the only option is to ask that one of the Consulates grant you a multiple entry  business visa  which will enable 90 day stays. It involves border hops and/or extensions, but if it is thought out you can stay up to 15 months. As shown in other posts, make sure you write a letter to the Consulate on a decent letterhead asking for issuance to pursue business interests. If you are presently involved in business in the UK, an extension of that abroad might seem very credible.

Sorry to return to this topic yet again, but presumably the 10 million has to be deposited in a Thai Bank Account?

How long does this sum of money have to remain in the account before it can be accessed and spent?

Is there a minimum balance that must be retained or once the Residency Application has been completed is that the end of it?

Thanks once again for everybody's help and advice.

Regards

Thailand-bound

:o Thailand bound, with respect , i would think long and hard about depositing 7 million Baht in a Thai Bank , although the country is stable you never know whats around the corner in these uncertain times.

I would enquire with your High Street bank to see if they have an outlet in Thailand , for example i know that H.S.B.C. do. I think your funds would be safer with a large worldwide Bank at least you would have some recompense if anything happened.

I am not trying to put a damper on things , just think you should be extra careful , after all i am sure you both worked hard for your money.

Best Wishes.