Goodbye Oreillys, Hello Molly's

whistleblower

I have just heard that the manager from Molleys has moved to Orielly's. I do hope he takes his management style and changes the place. I think I will give it a try, after all it was my local for 6 years and use to like the place.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the manager of Mollys moved to Soi 8 the other week?

Two managers - one went to O'Reilly's - the other one to Soi 8.

Speaking of that (Soi 8), I noticed that he has changed the menu a bit. This week they have a special Tapas inspired menu.

Give the poor b a change to prove themselfs, they dont forced anybody to go there wait a few weeks and go back there

He was in charge of Molly Mallones for 5 years, got the sack (so i was told) and then went to Oreillys. Had his own 'boys club' in Mollys and ignored the other customers.

Walking by at the weekend I see he has just copied the Sunday roast menu from Mollys and implemented it at Oreillys. Wonder how long the Thai manager will last there now. He is a good guy and I hope he keeps his job.

He is on about 16k as the foreigner has around 80k, they will keep the Thai guy and as the turnover not improved within 2 or 3 months the foreigner will be gone, as the thai is very well capable to run the bar. But the management thingking that with this new guy they get some needed extra turnover.

The bad smell was gone in a few weeks, apparently coming from years of unmaintained and uncleaned pipes under the bar.....not surprising really.

The menu at O'Reillys has been very ordinary for a very long time and if he can sort that out as well, at least they'll have a decent product to sell.

Clean pipes and decent food works for me...yeah the Thai manager has been doing a hel_l of a job.....

The bad smell was gone in a few weeks, apparently coming from years of unmaintained and uncleaned pipes under the bar.....not surprising really.

The menu at O'Reillys has been very ordinary for a very long time and if he can sort that out as well, at least they'll have a decent product to sell.

Clean pipes and decent food works for me...yeah the Thai manager has been doing a hel_l of a job.....

Agree, another thing is to stop maintain air conditioners, sound systems and beer tap equipment during happyhours or in the evening as this is very ignoring

as specialy if have only a few costumers in the bar.

Decent food, decent tempurature, no bad smell, friendly staff, good music, clean toilets, a cold beer and no maintain working during opening hours, i am going to love this place :)

Is this you in the swimming pool with your daughter? post 189 in the show your asian baby thread.

sorry I could not post the URL for some reason.

I am sure I have seen you in both pubs over the years.

cheers, Graham.

Maybe father and son on the beach building a sustainable sandcastle.

"I am sure I have seen you in both pubs over the years." Never been there :)

I don't know what you mean by that, my post was for the OP as I know I have seen his face in the pubs before.

Graham.

Is this you in the swimming pool with your daughter? post 189 in the show your asian baby thread.

cheers, Graham.

I don't know what you mean by that, my post was for the OP as I know I have seen his face in the pubs before.

Graham.

cheers, Graham.

If you go both places, how you think i can make statements like i did just by smelling them for Silom road and looking with binaculars from BTS station Saladaeng.No i go there often and happy to see improvements as i enjoy both places and like to see them busy as it was years ago.

Graham.

cheers, Graham.

Yeah that is me in the pool with my daughter. And yes i have been in both pubs over the years, Does that mean i cant give my opinion on the pub?

So i went to oreillys 2nite and got banned!!! apparently the new manager didnt like my comments on this site. So sorry if i offended anyone. as usual my mouth has over extended my ego! and to the manager who barred me tonight..... Nio i wont send those pics to your wife from the night we had in soi 22!!!!

So i went to oreillys 2nite and got banned!!! apparently the new manager didnt like my comments on this site. So sorry if i offended anyone. as usual my mouth has over extended my ego! and to the manager who barred me tonight..... Nio i wont send those pics to your wife from the night we had in soi 22!!!!

If this was the only reason you got banned then its a sad story, seems you have some personal issues as well.

He just banned one of the two costumers that a good ideau, lucky he is not working at the airport as he proberly banned 2.678.543 foreigners for making comments about it.

If it was the only bar in Bangkok you need to worry but it isn't.

Used to use the place a o lot when it first opened as Delaneys since it was the only gin joint around that imported the "black stuff"..lots of paddy mates around then (but they mosty all died )....nowt tae dae with the drink ..of course. :)

Quick meet up for chat and "swally" then round to the Toby and then Bobbys before hitting the bars....No Sky train or subway .....then back to what its called ...on a Tik Tok..Hic...

Why you went back there?????????

Doesn't make any sense to me, you eating the worst steak off your live and keep going back there to eat it over and over again.

Mate, dont behave yourself childish by writing personal issues between you and management of Oreillys on this forum.

Your statement seems nothing to do with your experience as a costumer at this bar, so keep it on your private mail instead of dumping loads of SH@ on this forum,

Appriciate it.

Cheers