Take A Break Fellas! Nothin To Lose!

A tramp walks the streets picking up cigarette butts. Assume that for every 7 butts he finds, it is as good as or equivalent to smoking one full cigarette. If he finds a total of 49 butts, how many cigarettes can he smoke?

Please post answers only -- no explanations as to how you arrived at the answer.

:o:D

Of course it could be any number coz who knows how many cigarettes he had on him before he started picking them up. :D

And another theory is, he could smoke loads coz not just talking about cigarettes he found that day. :D

Or maybe he just hasn't got a lighter and is completely stuffed. :o

A tramp walks the streets picking up cigarette butts.  Assume that for every 7 butts he finds, it is as good as  or equivalent to smoking one full cigarette.  If he finds a total of 49 butts, how many cigarettes can he smoke?

Please post answers only -- no explanations as to how you arrived at the answer. 

:o  :D

Who gives a <deleted>

Thx Tizme,

Someone else actually PMed me the answer and I had to disagree at the time but after an hour scouring the Ratchada Rd and 8 cigarettes and a sore throat later I bow down to the greater minds of the lads that said 8 here. :D

Although I do feel that as some face saving excercise after the cocky "hmm..NEXT!" statement from me that it could have been 49 because....hmm, ah, erm, well maybe........

.............I'll get me coat. :o

Ok,ok, since Harmonica's not about to explain, why 8?

From the original 49 you can make 7. But after smoking those 7 he will have 7 more buts enabling him to make the 8th.

Correct! ... and the explanation is also correct! :o

Quite a few got it right.

Next one will be much tougher!

Well done.

:D

From the original 49 you can make 7. But after smoking those 7 he will have 7 more buts enabling him to make the 8th.

Alternative solution: from the original 49 you can make 7 which you don't smoke but sell at 5baht/piece. From the 35 baht you buy a pack of 20 Krong Thip for smoking.

Alternative solution: from the original 49 you can make 7 which you don't smoke but sell at 5baht/piece. From the 35 baht you buy a pack of 20 Krong Thip for smoking.

That would make the tramp a businessman or Jewish or both, although the latter makes the former redundant! Either way, I like it!

:o:D