"high Season" Golf Prices

Thailand

A related question: do any of the courses have a sports day, and if so what is the green fee on that day?

Highlands 1000 baht? What's the catch?! Is that their new rate regardless of who comes to play, or just the rate for those of us who live here? Is it for the whole high season?

Thread Hijack:

Can you rent clubs at any of these or any other CM courses? What kind of price/quality are the rental clubs?

Also which courses can you just turn up and play at without proper attire?

I think that the Gymkhana requires you to wear shoes, trousers and a shirt. Which one don't you have?

I think that the Gymkhana requires you to wear shoes, trousers and a shirt. Which one don't you have?

I have a couple of polo t-shirts that i've worn for golf at reasonable courses in the UK, but no trousers or shoes. I'll buy these items if necessary, but as I'm just an average player, i'd rather find a course that i can casually go round in trainers and a pair of shorts.

Edited by RoastLamb

The Highlands rate is for residents. The headline rate for visitors remains 2500.

RoastLamb - I think you'll be able to play all courses here in polo, shorts and trainers. Rentals available at most clubs, I believe. At Highlands I heard they are good quality branded clubs...

The Highlands rate is for residents. The headline rate for visitors remains 2500.

RoastLamb - I think you'll be able to play all courses here in polo, shorts and trainers. Rentals available at most clubs, I believe. At Highlands I heard they are good quality branded clubs...

All the rates I have quoted are for residents so a driving licence required. Exceptions, Gymkhana & Stardome.

All the courses have clubs for hire, if you want to play then dress sensibly, no jeans/denim , no t shirts at most places.

Does anyone know what the '100 Baht membership' at Gassan is?

I have been told it is open only to Thais and not foreign residents, is this correct?

Iain

It is open to foreign residents also (I have one). Up to end Oct 2009 it gave significantly discounted rates at Lake City and Khuntan. Up until end Feb it offers 50% rates on green fees + hotel packages. Not sure if it still offers only discounted green fees though.

Best bet is to go down to the Gassan driving range (on super highway near 121 turn off) and visit the sales office there.

At Stardome, currently 700 for 18 holes, I asked is there a special rate for the over 60's?

Yes, said the young lady at the counter 250baht for 9 holes, then says I -It must be 500baht for 18 holes? no says she 700baht :D

So I can play 9 holes for 250baht and then pay for another 9 at 250baht? no says she you can only play 9. :D

I paid 700 to avoid further confusion- for me. :)

No doubt something was lost in translation but the conversation was in Thai!

TIT

Re shirts/t-shirts. So is a polo ok? I wouldn't call this a shirt, I would call this a t-shirt with a collar. But one post says you must wear a shirt and another says no t-shirts. Polo's must be fine though?

Also what's the deal with local driving ranges... I've had a look online at the stardome (i think, might be wrong), the double tiered one, and it looks good, are there any dress codes and can you rent clubs just for the range?

Does anyone know what the '100 Baht membership' at Gassan is?

I have been told it is open only to Thais and not foreign residents, is this correct?

Iain

It is open to foreign residents also (I have one). Up to end Oct 2009 it gave significantly discounted rates at Lake City and Khuntan. Up until end Feb it offers 50% rates on green fees + hotel packages. Not sure if it still offers only discounted green fees though.

Best bet is to go down to the Gassan driving range (on super highway near 121 turn off) and visit the sales office there.

If there's anyone in there! That place is seriously run down these days through almost non-existent management it seems to me. It used to be a great place to practise.

So with a 50% rate off, what does that make the cost of a khuntan round? A most amazing course, and one that i'd love to play in the winter.

How much longer does this useful thread need to be hijacked? Are the mods asleep? Get another thread going for dress codes, but in any case where's the common sense?

If you recall, it was actually you who hijacked the thread in the first place. Just scroll up a bit, you'll see your post right there. I'll still take out my violin and offer you some tissues, though, as you're obviously deeply upset that nobody answered your question. :)

If there's anyone in there! That place is seriously run down these days through almost non-existent management it seems to me. It used to be a great place to practise.

So with a 50% rate off, what does that make the cost of a khuntan round? A most amazing course, and one that i'd love to play in the winter.

The range is poorly maintained, but the Gassan group sales office is manned.

During October green fees were 700 Baht all in on Weds and Fridays with the GO card. The flyer I have shows hotel+green fee at 50%, but it does not list the price. It does not explicitly say anywhere that green fees (without hotel) are discounted beyond October.

Roastlamb - polo shirts are acceptable here and indeed everywhere else I have ever played in Asia and Europe.

Re shirts/t-shirts. So is a polo ok? I wouldn't call this a shirt, I would call this a t-shirt with a collar. But one post says you must wear a shirt and another says no t-shirts. Polo's must be fine though?

Also what's the deal with local driving ranges... I've had a look online at the stardome (i think, might be wrong), the double tiered one, and it looks good, are there any dress codes and can you rent clubs just for the range?

Stardome is a great driving range. You can rent clubs to play so I assume that you could rent clubs to practice.

As with everywhere, dress sensibly. If you are not sure look at what other people are wearing for a clue.

The range is poorly maintained, but the Gassan group sales office is manned.

During October green fees were 700 Baht all in on Weds and Fridays with the GO card. The flyer I have shows hotel+green fee at 50%, but it does not list the price. It does not explicitly say anywhere that green fees (without hotel) are discounted beyond October.

Roastlamb - polo shirts are acceptable here and indeed everywhere else I have ever played in Asia and Europe.

When and if i make a call then to find out, i'll post up the answers here. I've only played kuntan three times, and never in the cool climes of winter. Would love to play it again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hang Dong Golf Course, 450THB includes caddy, play all day. Gymkhana I thought a waste of money unless you like concrete with mostly brown and some green paint on it.

I played Gymkhana last week so can concur with the above, complete waste of time.....

Hang Dong is OK if you can put up with 5's & 6's jumping in front of you on a very regular basis-unfortunately usually locals of course. :)

Quite like Gymkhana, it's not as easy as it looks, got to be accurate and try to avoid the "well worn" bits. Had a few reasonably well handicapped guests fall foul of the trees and get rather frustrated. :D

Hang Dong is OK if you can put up with 5's & 6's jumping in front of you on a very regular basis-unfortunately usually locals of course. :)

Hang Dong is well organised compared to highlands where you will be have to wait for any Thai's to tee off before you can. 2 ball or 5 ball if they are Thai they have priority regardless. Finish your first nine start the second nine you will still wait. They do not want your business and couldn't care less.

If you are keen to pay 1000 baht for that then good luck to you.

Hang Dong is well organised compared to highlands where you will be have to wait for any Thai's to tee off before you can. 2 ball or 5 ball if they are Thai they have priority regardless. Finish your first nine start the second nine you will still wait. They do not want your business and couldn't care less.

Funny, i played highlands over a dozen times before the high season started, and that was never the case. You might be right that they don't want YOUR business for some reason, but there were always happy to get our business. There were no thais or anybody jumping in front of us, not once. This in fact would be quite weird behavior considering the club is run by a farang.

Highlands is a highly impressive course, and is most professionally run in my experience.

Funny, i played highlands over a dozen times before the high season started, and that was never the case. You might be right that they don't want YOUR business for some reason, but there were always happy to get our business. There were no thais or anybody jumping in front of us, not once. This in fact would be quite weird behavior considering the club is run by a farang.

Highlands is a highly impressive course, and is most professionally run in my experience.

It was not a case of thais jumping in as you put but the starter. The farang in charge couldn't run a coconut shy. IMO and experience.