Report Of Trying To Renew My Thai Dl

I have been told and am hoping that with a "Statement of Residency" from the US Embassy that I can avoid having to have all of the "Stuff" from my landlord, such as copies of their house papers, ID cards, ect...

I do have both a valid US DL and an International one...  Plus 1year "OA" retirement visa...

Anyone care to comment???

Pianoman

As long as it has you Thai address you will be fine.

However Limbo does have a point about the fees.

The immigration letter is free. How many arms and legs does the US embassy charge??

At Pattaya Immigration Office, the charge for each certificate of residence is 200 Baht.

I have been told and am hoping that with a "Statement of Residency" from the US Embassy that I can avoid having to have all of the "Stuff" from my landlord, such as copies of their house papers, ID cards, ect...

I do have both a valid US DL and an International one...  Plus 1year "OA" retirement visa...

Anyone care to comment???

Pianoman

I think you'll find that your landlord is used to having his ID card and house papers photocopied. I have copies of all my landlady's documents which she has signed.

I also keep several photocopies of these signed documents for such purposes as driving licences. I show the original copies to the authorities and give them a copy of the original. They have never wanted to keep the original signed document.

• 1 month later...

The US Embassy paper si 30USD and take one minute. Sworn statement to you residency....Seems they don't care except you have to go to the office for your home.. I used the Marriott on Suk as my home so I have to go to SSuk Soi 105 to the Land and Transport Office there......Will go for my 5 year!

• 6 months later...

I had both the certificat from embassy (which they kindly made in Thai language without extra charge) and the yellow book(tabien Bahn-house owner book) with my name in it - and when at DL office (I used head office near weekend market despite covered under other office with no problem) they told me that I in the future do only need the yellow book. Cheers!