Best Chocolate Shop In Bangkok

up-country_sinclair

Duc De Praslin (a Belgian chocolatier) has a shop/store on Soi 49. They also had a shop at the Fenix (sp?) building at corner of Soi 31 and Suk which is fairly close to Soi 22 or 23. It is under renovation at present and I don't know when it will open. They had another smaller branch at Central World.

They serve excellent hot chocolate in addition to truffles and other assorted chocolate goodies. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality of chocolate. Google the name and you can get a phone number to check the location and status of shops.

I would also check out Emporium Phrom Prong BTS - Suk Rd - fifth floor. I don't know for sure as I try to keep e almost healthy distance from chocolate but they have almost everything else a falung foodie could want.

If you go up sukumvit ( to soi 24 and make a right, eventually you;'ll come to a large chocolate shop on your right. It's more or less opposite the Davis Hotel. So if you look up the DAvis Hotel on the internet, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. the name of the place escapes me now. I don't know if it's the best chocolate shop in bangkok, but it's very good.

If you go up sukumvit ( to soi 24 and make a right, eventually you;'ll come to a large chocolate shop on your right. It's more or less opposite the Davis Hotel. So if you look up the DAvis Hotel on the internet, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. the name of the place escapes me now. I don't know if it's the best chocolate shop in bangkok, but it's very good.

Agreed - the one opposite the Davis is very good - at least it was a year or so ago when I was last there!

The Sukhothai Hotel has a chocolate buffet one day a week. But by far the best chocolate dessert I've had so far is the "chocolate lava" at any Segafredo coffee shop. Absolutely amazing.

The chocolate buffet at Sukhothai Hotel does look tempting.

There's also a review on it here. :)

Edited by thecatman

The Sukhothai Hotel has a chocolate buffet one day a week. But by far the best chocolate dessert I've had so far is the "chocolate lava" at any Segafredo coffee shop. Absolutely amazing.

The chocolate buffet at Sukhothai Hotel does look tempting.

There's also a review on it here. :)

oooooh. I think I know where I am going to go when I am next in Bangkok :D

Duc De Praslin (a Belgian chocolatier) has a shop/store on Soi 49. They also had a shop at the Fenix (sp?) building at corner of Soi 31 and Suk which is fairly close to Soi 22 or 23. It is under renovation at present and I don't know when it will open. They had another smaller branch at Central World.

They serve excellent hot chocolate in addition to truffles and other assorted chocolate goodies. Prices are quite reasonable for the quality of chocolate. Google the name and you can get a phone number to check the location and status of shops.

I second this... here is the link :)

I was under the impression that the Duc de Praslin shop on Suk Rd near Soi 31 is closed and gone... I've eaten there in the past, and it was fine for a small cafe. But I see no sign they're planning to return to that location. And, the company web site shown above has no reference to that location anymore.

Their location in CentralWorld was just a stand near one of the main entrances. I haven't popped by there lately to see if it's still in operation.

Duc De Praslin (a Belgian chocolatier)

I third this recommendation :)

however, if you are keen on chocalate cakes (not just chocalates for presents), then try Cafe Le Notre for some yummy chocolate desserts

they are in Langsuan (ground floor of the serviced apartment Natural Ville)

a review: http://www.yummybaguette.com/magasin.php-id=176.htm

Duc De Praslin (a Belgian chocolatier)

I third this recommendation :D

however, if you are keen on chocalate cakes (not just chocalates for presents), then try Cafe Le Notre for some yummy chocolate desserts

they are in Langsuan (ground floor of the serviced apartment Natural Ville)

a review: http://www.yummybaguette.com/magasin.php-id=176.htm

why not bump the OP to 500 posts and he can follow your Chocolate Thread in Bedlam :)

but there are some true fans

Maestro for instance......

but yes back to the topic of good chocs in Bangkok - you can also get some nice truffles at the Landmark Hotel cafe on the street level

not sure how well it will travel though.....