All Invited To Play! The Original Event That

The man was a doctor/surgeon

When they were shipwrecked they had no food

The doc was elected to remove arms for food until they were rescued

The doc was excused losing an arm because he was the doctor.

They agreed that after recue thet should all loose one arm.

Yep, that's almost it!

Yes! when they were shipwrecked they had no food.

Yes! they agreed that after the rescue they should all lose one arm.

No! even if there was a doc he would still have to comply!

:o

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, since the mystery has been solved I will gladly fill in the details.

They (several friends) were on a ship together at some point in the recent past. They were shipwrecked and found themselves in a place where either food was initially scarce or they eventually ran out of all sustenance, except perhaps water.

They were waiting and hoping to be rescued.

But they needed food to stay alive.

In their desperation they came up with the notion that each person would donate an arm ( the left arm in most cases for obvious reasons) -- though possibly not enough food to satisfy everyone, they could at least stay alive.

Each person was called up to sever his arm as per a mutually agreed upon system.

They made a solemn pact -- that should there be any person or persons who had not yet donated his/her arm by the time the rescue arrived, that person had the obligation and was bound by honor to sever his/her arm and bring it to the group!

Note: there was no further need to eat any more arms! :o:D

When the rescue finally did take place all had surrendered an arm except for the man mentioned in the plot.

So he telephoned and set up a time to show up at the house to deliver his left arm.

But it should be quite obvious that he had second thoughts and wanted to renege.

So he decided he would hide his left arm's protruberance by wearing a long overcoat (despite it being a warm night) and would try to buy his way out of fulfilling his obligation.

When the lady and her friends opened the briefcase they were not happy that he tried to bribe them and had broken his promise.

Hence the following of the man, his capture, and his murder in a secluded place such as a junkyard.

That's the deal, fellas.

Many thanks to all who played. It was fun.

I hope what I've written in haste here today makes sense -- I've had too much wine and it might sound disjointed.

But I think you get the overall picture.

:D:D:D

OK. Here's mine.

"Are you the duffer who visits my non-p*ssy, non-dick, non-bargirl, non-vaginal, non-loin threads and .... still can't answer a single question? :D

I ought to hit you over the head with your own dick and raise your IQ a notch or two -- but that might open up a can of worms; you might like it and thereby sink further into that assinine, hovine, bovine output mode! :o

Try participating, dummy! You might learn something! :D

What a shame..........I thought you was an intelligent,thoughtful,upstanding member of our community that relished a challange. Instead in the wake of critisism,you revert to the trollish,stupid,unfunny remarks that are a trademark of some of our more ignorant viewers. Shame on you. Still it's put you in place in my TV order of merit.

Mind you saying that it seems to have turned into quite an interesting topic. Maybe I should have saved my original wit for someone more worthy of my poisen pen.

Lamp,

I'm terribly sorry! :D:D

Reading what I wrote, now that I have cooled down -- my response was very silly & way overboard.

I read your post as a direct attack -- I should have queried it; that would have been the smarter thing to do.

Again, my apologies and if you're in town anytime in the future, dinner and beer will be on me!

Best regards to you

:D:D

I've thought there was more behind because the amputated still ask for his left arm...  :o

Regards, Patex

I'm not sure I follow you, Patex?

The man had made a promise, just like everybody else in the group.

When they were rescued he was the only one who had not been called up to offer his arm as food.

So after the rescue he still had to make good on his promise.

Am I missing something, Patex?

Note: Your questions were right on the money! :D

[Lamp,

I'm terribly sorry! :o:D

Reading what I wrote, now that I have cooled down -- my response was very silly & way overboard.

I read your post as a direct attack -- I should have queried it; that would have been the smarter thing to do.

Again, my apologies and if you're in town anytime in the future, dinner and beer will be on me!

Best regards to you

:D:D

Apology noted and accepted, although had I realised what an intreging post it would turn out to be I would not have started like that. Trouble is TV has so many useless posters that most of us good guys are suspicious from the outset. So you can take this reply as an apology to you.Maybe you do have a sense of humour :D

I'm not sure I follow you, Patex?

I just think it's useless cruel... He was luckily the last person with 2 arms... a stronger reason for the demand would be more credible.

But no problem, I also enjoyed your riddle :o

Regards, Patex

If he was buying his way out....why disguise his arm....????

Actually he could have just simply disappeared and gone into hiding instead of making an appt. and then keeping it -- what he was hoping for was for the money to be accepted by ALL unanimously! That and only that, would free him forever of the obligation.

The arm was therefore not in plain view, for if it were so, the lady would immediately remark, "hey, what the heck is going on?" .... and it would be over for him and perhaps not go down as smoothly as expected.

By not being blatantly visible it bought him time -- time for them to discuss and decide -- worst case would be that they refused and would come after him -- he expected to be long gone in that case.

But his preference was for "acceptance of the bribe!"

He just had to try that first!

:o