Where To Stay

jfk

hi guys,

my school wants me to attend a Thai Culture course on 28-29 this month at Silom place,bangkok as part of my ongoing teacher training.

suggestions please for accomodation close by. cheap but not nasty please.

many thanks in advance for your help.

jfk: It would be helpful to know what you mean by 'cheap' and probably a better definition of nasty would be helpful.

Whereabouts on Silom is the course being offered? There are some hotels and guesthouses (at least there used to be) around Soi Sribumphen (Sathorn, Soi 1). The Malaysia hotel is reasonably priced and the hotel is relatively nice, but some of the people hanging around might be considered 'nasty.'

The BTS goes along Silom, so there may be some options that only a ride away that are more conducive to what you are looking for.

I've stayed at the Sathorn Villa (now 'Astera Sathorn') down by Saphan Taksin skytrain station. Clean place, refurbished a few years ago. It's a few minutes on the skytrain to Silom Road.

Alternately, if you want to be closer, I can recommend the Bangkok christian guesthouse on Saladaeng Soi 3 - fairly basic no-frills accomodation but it's cheap for the area, friendly enough and certainly not 'nasty'. 2 minute walk onto Silom Road.