Construction Finished, Went Well

"We Just finished the construction of our hoyuse in Song Saen , 80 km east of Khorat.

It Went well and was followed by the father in Law.

We paid a fee every month to the builder and directly to the shop the material he needed.

It was completed in less than 7 months for 20.000usd including lifghting, tiles, kitchen furniture ,attic, bathrooms, water pump and tank.

It has three bedrooms, a living room and two bathrooms.

I confirnm what I read in the forum: be vigilant with colors when you delegate this to thais, it can give odd results.

I will put one or two pictures in the gallery ( I will try anyhow)

I have two questions, completely different:

- I need some furniture and I visited sa kheo already. But it is quite massive and I prefer smaller painted cabinet like I have seen in India. Anybody knows were I could find the same stuff in Thailand?

- One friend asked me where he could get a pair of crocodile leather shoes but I am not at all into this kind of shoes. Any body can give an address?

Thank you for your help.

You can find some very nice furniture at " The Mall " in Korat .

Index , KB , Siam Furniture and others that I cant think of their names .

Did your kitchen come with cabnets and countertop , sink , stove ?

Mine did'nt .

You can find some very nice furniture at " The Mall " in Korat .

Index , KB , Siam Furniture and others that I cant think of their names .

Did your kitchen come with cabnets and countertop , sink , stove ?

Mine did'nt .

Yes , everything came in the kitchen and I expected the worst but it was all good.

Need to see in one year, after intense use

You got a good price then , enjoy .

We had our cabnets custom built , even has a stand with wheels that you can roll the gas tank out when we need to change it , very cool . Granite countertops , with a attached table that curves around . The one thing I thought we would need was a dining room table but when her family comes over they all eat on the floor .

Saves me money I guess :o When they finish , I just get out the mop .

Miminem,

Sounds like you did really well, enjoy. I am doing research to build my house. Trying to read everything I can find concerning Thai construction. Can you tell me, what did you use for your outside walls? Did you use the small red bricks, the regular cement blocks (5kilograms), or the heavy bigger cement blocks (13 kilograms)?

Jeff1,

I too am thinking on useing granit countertops. Can you give me an idea on cost?

Any suggestions you two or anyone else may have concerning construction, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Cheers

You got a good price then , enjoy .

We had our cabnets custom built , even has a stand with wheels that you can roll the gas tank out when we need to change it , very cool . Granite countertops , with a attached table that curves around . The one thing I thought we would need was a dining room table but when her family comes over they all eat on the floor .

Saves me money I guess  :o When they finish , I just get out the mop .

I bought a table and bed and cabinets and other furnitures in sa kaew for a good price (34.000 baht including delivery ,all with a discount of 8000 baht).

But still, I prefer painted cabinets from India.

Furniture in Kitchen were custom built too.

Miminem,

Sounds like you did really well, enjoy.  I am doing research to build my house.  Trying to read everything I can find concerning Thai construction.  Can you tell me,  what did you use for your outside walls?  Did you use the small red bricks, the regular cement blocks (5kilograms), or the heavy bigger cement blocks (13 kilograms)? 

Jeff1,

I too am thinking on useing granit countertops.  Can you give me an idea on cost?

Any suggestions you two or anyone else may have concerning construction, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Cheers

You can find alot of good information right here concerning construction . Just look around . The granite cost 13000 bt. It is not as thick as I wanted but I could not find bigger . It is still pretty thick . Thats installed .

We used the small red bricks and cement over . ( both sides ) .

I read here awhile back about making sure that the shower head and fans are not to low for the height of a farang . I stressed this to them but they still got the shower head wrong . Im to old to be doing the limbo in the shower, so I let them try to figure it out . They tried everything because they did'nt want to do it the way I told them to . After a week they busted out the wall and added pipe , patched it and put tile up to the ceiling ... like I told them they would have to .

Just dont get me started with the gas hot water heater .

Thanks for the shower and fan tips Jeff1. I had considered the fans but I might have overlooked the shower. I don't like doing the limbo ether, like I have had to do in some hotels. As for the hot water, I think I am going to go with the electric on demand heaters. Instead of having it in the shower, I will have it maybe under the sink and have it piped to the sink and the shower/bath. I will do this to all the bathrooms and kitchen. This way if one goes out I will still have hot water in another bathroom.

Still would like to hear your story on your gas hot water heater. :o

Thanks