Africa

Daffy D

Have to confess this is not my photo just hope the moderators will grant a little artistic license. :)

In a former life I spent many years living and traveling in Africa and have many similar pictures but they are in storage back in the UK so cannot post one of my own. Though I say so myself I have some great African shots but but non quite as good as this one.

They say you either love or hate Africa, I'm one of the lovers and this photo even after almost two decades brought back all the old feelings of the country.

This forum discusses and gives opinions and advice on submitted photos and it's always interesting go hear another's perspective on a photo.

I think this photo has it all. The dark thunder clouds heavy with tropical rain rolling in from the horizon, the sun still just highlighting the foreground before the rain comes and the vultures under the thorn tree watching the approaching deluge. The highlights and long shadows of an unseen sun low on the horizon.

You can almost smell the damp earth and taste the electric thunder in the air. Great photo.

That red African dirt has an unique unforgettable smell/taste.

post-35075-1258269369_thumb.jpg

Ahhh, beautiful Africa, by far much more photogenic than Thailand.

And by far much large than Thailand.

Thailand as I see it:-

The Lake- Kanchanaburi

original.jpg

For sure the OP's photo is great and so is 'The Kingdom of Thailand' to take photos. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Ahhh, beautiful Africa, by far much more photogenic than Thailand.

And by far much large than Thailand.

Thailand as I see it:-

The Lake- Kanchanaburi

original.jpg

For sure the OP's photo is great and so is 'The Kingdom of Thailand' to take photos. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

You got anything sharp?