Chef Looking For Work

trebor230153

Hi Everyone,

I am from (UK) and I am hoping to move to Thailand in the next few months to be nearer to my Thai Fiancee and family. I am looking for any work in/around Udon Thani or Kumphawapi areas. I am quite happy to take a 'lower' paid position ( I'm not moving out to make a fortune ) I just need enough to live on. Quite happy to live like a local. Can anyone help with some suggestions or email addresses of Hotels/Restaurants/Guest Houses that need or want a 'Western Chef'.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Robert : email; [email protected]

To work in Thailand you will need a work permit and unfortunately you wont qualify for one

Cheers for your reply Bronco, but I have already been approved for a WP just as soon as I send them my new employment details.

Unfortuately you will find it difficult as your location is not well endowed with western type establishments - most of the big hotels employ Thai chefs who can cook both western and thai

To work in Thailand you will need a work permit and unfortunately you wont qualify for one

Cheers for your reply Bronco, but I have already been approved for a WP just as soon as I send them my new employment details.

Already approved for a WP? Did you apply from UK? You're looking for a job and already have a WP? Never heard of pre-approved WP and no job beforehand.

Already approved for a WP? Did you apply from UK? You're looking for a job and already have a WP? Never heard of pre-approved WP and no job beforehand.

Yes,snapback,I applied in UK as soon as I decided to move out to Udon. They returned my application with a foot-note saying " Basic application approved subject to confirmation document supplied by employer".

Unless I am mistaken,I read that to mean I have a work permit when I send in a letter from a future employer in Thailand. I would appreciate any advice or comments.

Yes,snapback,I applied in UK as soon as I decided to move out to Udon. They returned my application with a foot-note saying " Basic application approved subject to confirmation document supplied by employer".

Unless I am mistaken,I read that to mean I have a work permit when I send in a letter from a future employer in Thailand. I would appreciate any advice or comments.

I don't want to dampen your spirits,but I part own two Western Restaurants in Surin,and I can't get a work permit just for that. Mine came from another direction to do with the company I have 46% shares in.