Chiang Mai Mail

jomama

PB,

I think you could be a very happy man in the southern coastal areas -- I say this for a variety of reasons.

Your teaching job will have higher paid openings -- are in far greater demand and if push comes to shove, you could go freelance -- a fellow I met 3 years ago, has several Big biz clients who pay 700-1,200 Baht per hour for English language instruction -- I showed him a teeny little biz tactic and he's doubled his output. This fellow went from 25,000 Baht/mo. to the high 90's. There are loads of opportunities there for the entrepreneurial spirit. If you decide to move there, I can try to locate him -- lost contact about 1 year ago.

The climate/weather is awesome -- for me anyways. It is NEVER too hot -- I've personally turned on the A/C at home no more than 5-10 times per year. The breezes dispense with this liability quite effectively. It is a bit humid, but that actually is a good thing.

The air is immaculately clean and fresh and the sea is right there. There are so many different parts of the general larger Phuket area to choose from that a farang never has scarcity of options to deal with.

The general Chalong area is, in my estimation about the 15th best out of the choices -- there are Karon, Kata, Patong, Kamala and there are beach areas even further up the coast to Laguna and beyond -- all gorgeous places. Outside Phuket, you could be quite happy in Krabi, Ao Nang or even in the tsunami disaster area, Khao Lak and Phangna.

Like you've already stated, only when you physically get there and give it a few months, will you know what your personal piece of heaven looks & feels like.

As for your relationship target ..... I hope its not these shrivelled up, dried, blotchy, putrid lung farangs you've been fancying all this time? If so you must have developed a tongue rougher than a Persian rug! :o

If its Thai guys you've been into, hey what can I say? Yum-yum? :D:D

But here's what I'm saying on this subject -- I have quite a few gay friends in the south, both farang and thai -- the farangs have been in LOS long-term (& well-traveled) and unequivocally & unamimously state, "thai fellas are top-notch in the south"

Best regards to you, PB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here Here !!

Do you think Harmonica can even play a tune? :D

musicsheet1po.gif

Thank God the wet, dark nights are drawing in again

’cos high dust & heat have got me down

I’ll wait till the end of a year

And get off this merry-go-round