Immigration Office In Nakhon Sawan

xerostar

Sorry if this info is already available on another thread

but I thought it deserves a headline. Yea!

Now I don't need to drive to Mae Sot to do my extension of stay! :D

The telephone number is: 08 1831 7340

The guy didn't understand me so I handed the phone to TW.

As usual she didn't ask for an actual address!

Not that an actual address helps, because most roads don't have signs anyway. :)

I was able to discern that it is (might be) next door to the Tourist Police office.

Another member living in NS may be able to clarify that and put up a map for us!?

Side Note:

They don't seem to use addresses to find places in Thailand.

It's all done by multiple phone calls and asking "I'm now near Big C, which way do I go?"

then "OK I've just gone past Big C, and I have turned right. Oh sorry I thought you said right side? No?"

"Near the big blue sign? Oh yes we should be able to see that, I will drive one Km and give you another

call when we get there ..." :D

I drove to the immigration office today. Going south on the hiway through Nakohn Sawan, at the light at big-c turn right, continue on this road until you see the police station on the left. Take a left on the soi before the police station, about 100 yards down this soi look to the right, you will see immigration, there is a sign in english.

I drove to the immigration office today. Going south on the hiway through Nakohn Sawan, at the light at big-c turn right, continue on this road until you see the police station on the left. Take a left on the soi before the police station, about 100 yards down this soi look to the right, you will see immigration, there is a sign in english.

Thank you very much for that information.

I will pass it around my friends who are not on TV.

:)

Thanks for the information, it is good to know.

The immigration office is located in the Toruist Police complex on Soi Sawanvittee 49. To get to the office go west on Sawanvitte Road. Sawanvittee Road is the crossroad that intersects Asian Highway 1 at Big C. If travelling South on AH1, turn right, if travelling north, turn left. Go approximately 1.5 km. You will see a PTT station on the right. There is a traffic light at the next intersection - very short distance. Go throught the light and turn left at the next Soi, Sawanvittee 49. It is directly across the street from the Nakhon Sawan Provincial Sub District Office complex and there is a sign pointing down the Soi to the Tourist Police Complex. Go to the second entrance on the right and turn in. It is well marked "Tourist Police". The Tourist Police office is striaght ahead, the Immigration Office is on the left in a reclaimed warehouse and is well marked. There is plenty of parking and even a big tree to have a picnic under while waiting for them to get there act together. If you are using public transportation, get a motorbike taxi from either the bus station or Big C and tell them to takre you to the Tourist Police Station on Soi Sawanvittee 49. If they take you to the right place you can't miss it unless your'e blinder than me. The only phone number that I have is 081-831-7340, but the officer that answered did speak a little english. Hope that this helps. Good luck!

I went there yesterday to extent my Retirement Visa for another year.

The service was professional and my paperwork was carefully and completely reviewed .

I turned at the Police Station, on the right side you will notice a very tall red/white antena that lines up directly opposite the Soi to the Immigration office.

cheers:

• 3 months later...

There are more than enough.

The last time I went I had to wait around 20 minutes but that is perfectly OK with me as the staff there are very nice people.

I am going for my 90 day report next week though it should be the week after.

That of course is Songkran week and not time to be on the roads on a motorcycle. :)

• 5 weeks later...