Ceiling Fans.

PST

I am looking for a ceiling fan stockist in Phuket,have tried Homepro,Lotus etc etc,but they all seem to be old fashioned,i was wondering if any members knew of any other places to try that may stock a different variety.

Thanks in advance.

PST.

HomePro next to Lotus have about the biggest stock/range in town. HomeWorks opposite central also have a good range, You could try House & Home near Promphan on Chaofa West. These are main places to find ceiling fans.

Supercheap in Phuket town have some nice, white, simple designs which the other ones dont sell. Only 700 bah, and still works fine after a couple of years.

but they all seem to be old fashioned

Yes I know exactly what you mean. All the fans in HomePro, HomeWorks etc. look like something Somerset Maugham sat under in 1915 in Singapore as he wrote “Of Human Bondage”. (Please don’t take this literally – he probably didn’t write it in Singapore.)

I wanted modern looking ceiling fans for my house and I got so frustrated I even considered importing from Japan. I eventually found and ordered fans from a Thai company called Regene. They manufacture three models that would qualify as modern looking.

I immediately ruled out the one blade “DESIGNER” model because of its ridiculously high price.

The “i-FAN” looks quite good but is mechanically suspect - (I unfortunately bought some of this model.)

The “i-CON” model ticks all the boxes. It looks very hi-tech and is mechanically sound – quiet and vibration-free. Highly recommended.

A year ago House and Home had some Regene models on display, maybe still.

Based on my experience, if you buy them from Artisan in Sam Kong, you will get a better discount than anywhere else. Talk to the female boss, Boy.

If you like, PM me and you can come and see them in my house.

"but they all seem to be old fashioned"

Yes I know exactly what you mean. All the fans in HomePro, HomeWorks etc. look like something Somerset Maugham sat under in 1915 in Singapore as he wrote "Of Human Bondage". (Please don't take this literally – he probably didn't write it in Singapore.)

I wanted modern looking ceiling fans for my house and I got so frustrated I even considered importing from Japan. I eventually found and ordered fans from a Thai company called Regene. They manufacture three models that would qualify as modern looking.

I immediately ruled out the one blade "DESIGNER" model because of its ridiculously high price.

The "i-FAN" looks quite good but is mechanically suspect - (I unfortunately bought some of this model.)

The "i-CON" model ticks all the boxes. It looks very hi-tech and is mechanically sound – quiet and vibration-free. Highly recommended.

Based on my experience, if you buy them from Artisan in Sam Kong, you will get a better discount than anywhere else. Talk to the female boss, Boy.

Thanks,do you have a link to pictures atall?

PST.

I am looking for ceiling fans and live in Sam Kong- what is ARTISAN close to??

Thanks...

Yes I know exactly what you mean. All the fans in HomePro, HomeWorks etc. look like something Somerset Maugham sat under in 1915 in Singapore as he wrote "Of Human Bondage". (Please don't take this literally – he probably didn't write it in Singapore.)

I immediately ruled out the one blade "DESIGNER" model because of its ridiculously high price.

The "i-FAN" looks quite good but is mechanically suspect - (I unfortunately bought some of this model.)

The "i-CON" model ticks all the boxes. It looks very hi-tech and is mechanically sound – quiet and vibration-free. Highly recommended.

Artisan is primarily a lighting shop. It is situated on the road that runs parallel to the Bypass Road from Tesco Lotus to the main Phuket Town/Airport Road.

From the traffic lights at Tesco, head towards Sam Kong and turn left at the next lights. Artisan is a kilometre or two up this road on the left - very near the market.

And check out how beautiful Boy is!

I've just remembered they've got a new small branch under HomeWorks but I'd be surprised if they have a Regene brochure there.

Thank you- I drive past the place every day.

Artisan is primarily a lighting shop. It is situated on the road that runs parallel to the Bypass Road from Tesco Lotus to the main Phuket Town/Airport Road.

From the traffic lights at Tesco, head towards Sam Kong and turn left at the next lights. Artisan is a kilometre or two up this road on the left - very near the market.

And check out how beautiful Boy is!

I've just remembered they've got a new small branch under HomeWorks but I'd be surprised if they have a Regene brochure there.

I know you're in Phuket, but sometimes to find a lot of stuff, you've got to go to BKK (better than ordering from Japan!). I live up in Phitsanulok, and often have to go to BKK to find sh!t. So, if you wanbt to see a huge selection of ceiling fans, go to the Culiminate Airy showroom located here. They are the retail store for a big manufacturer with the following brands: Sunlight, Compass East and ABC. the Compass East line has the "mod" looking fans, some quite interesting. They have one where the acrylic blades hang down like an oblong closed flower bloom, then when you switch it on, the centrifugal force raises the blades like a flower opening and you have a fan.

These fans are sold at HomePro, but HomePro does not have a good selection and the fans are up to 35% cheaper at Culminate Airy. If you buy five or more from Culiminate Airy, ask for the "project discount." They also have woman there who speaks fluent English -- got to love that!

Here is a map showing the location of the showroom:

http://www.fristweb.com/user/ceifan/index....mp;pageid=en_16

Here is a site you can see a lot of the models available.

http://www.ceifan.com/index.php?langtype=en&pageid=en_20

They also have an extensive catalogue you can take with you. Perhaps you can call them and ask them to mail it to you. I have called and purchased things over the phone from BKK with a credit card, then had them shipped to me.

Good luck.

• 7 months later...

do you have a phone number or website for Regene? Can't find anything on the web...many thanks.

Whatever you do, don't buy a ceiling fan with wooden blades.

Eventually, these blades will droop due to the high humidity. As each blade droops to a different extent, they become unbalanced and start to wobble.

Metal blades are best, then plastic.

REGENE: www.regene.biz

I've just had a look at the website. Don't let it put you off.

The product is good.

Jeez......they make some butt-ugly fans, except for the mono-blade which is beautiful. A real work of art.

Supercheap. White steel, 4 blades, clean design at 699 baht. Used them for 2 years in bedrooms, sala and diningroom. Still fine. Since I m only 800 meters from Kata Beach most of my outdoor steel rusts, even stainless steel, but not these ceiling fans.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I dont like about ceiling fans. They reflect light that bounce off them blades. And its bad for the eyes for looking at things and reading. Its even worse when the lights are kinda fluttered thru the blades cos the lights is above the fan blades.

lights can not be close to fan if on same ceiling level, or fan on upper ceiling level and fans can be close on lower ceiling level. only downlights and invisible uplights work good with ceiling fan running

One thing I dont like about ceiling fans. They reflect light that bounce off them blades. And its bad for the eyes for looking at things and reading. Its even worse when the lights are kinda fluttered thru the blades cos the lights is above the fan blades.

lights can not be close to fan if on same ceiling level, or fan on upper ceiling level and fans can be close on lower ceiling level. only downlights and invisible uplights work good with ceiling fan running

Let me add in.

if you have white marble or polished white shiny floors, your ceilings lights will bounce off your floors, hit the ceiling fan blades and created the same shutter/flutter effect too. (I dont know how to describe it......is shutter/flutter correct descrition?)

Let me add in.

if you have white marble or polished white shiny floors, your ceilings lights will bounce off your floors, hit the ceiling fan blades and created the same shutter/flutter effect too. (I dont know how to describe it......is shutter/flutter correct descrition?)

I agree, thats why ceiling fans are installed over diningtable, couches and beds. To avoid irritating light reflection.

Let me add in.

I agree, thats why ceiling fans are installed over diningtable, couches and beds. To avoid irritating light reflection.

The only reason that ceiling fans are above the bed, dining table sofa etc is for the purpose of cooling the body by the evaporation effect on the body from increased air flow directed down from the fan.Therefore it is only natural to position the fans where people are at for the majority of the time.

The only reason that ceiling fans are above the bed, dining table sofa etc is for the purpose of cooling the body by the evaporation effect on the body from increased air flow directed down from the fan.Therefore it is only natural to position the fans where people are at for the majority of the time.

thats another reason, not the only

side effect ceiling fan over dining table is unfortunately steak gets cold to quickly

In a reastaurant with many tables, most would posistion the fans not above table to avoid cooling food to quickly

thats another reason, not the only

side effect ceiling fan over dining table is unfortunately steak gets cold to quickly

In a reastaurant with many tables, most would posistion the fans not above table to avoid cooling food to quickly

Yes i agree that a fan makes your food cool to quickly[ thats a catch 22 situation ] but while also performing its primary task of cooling you, but my reply was that fans are above places of frequent human occupation, like as you said, above dining table ,beds and couches primarily to cool the human body , not to avoid the light flutter thingo. You have turned that issue into a cold food issue now. Also what you said above concerning fans in restaurants is puzzling to us because no matter where the fans are placed in a restaurant, having multi tables and also multi fans ,the function is as i said primarily to cool humans and the downside is the cooling of food.