Phuket Murder Suspect Collared In Coffin Shop

webfact

You need to write a play or screenpay about this as it would make riveting viewing as well as shame the current legal system and its failings.

As a Gilbert and Sullivan fan, I have always thought Thai justice and politics would be just up their alley.

Imagine the fun with Thaksin's doings.

We need to resurrect them..........LOL

All hail the Lord High Executioner!

Topsey Tureveydom lives on in Thailand.

Thaksin wish he was the Grand Poobah.

For all of you who seem to think that Thai justice is lacking, let's take a look around first. Remember Scotland who turned that murderous freak loose for 'his poor health'? How about the US with the 'confessed' criminal mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist strike? Guess who gets to waste the taxpayers money back in New York?

Thais do not think the same way as non-asian countries do. Most of these type of crimes are simply crimes of the moment and not habit. He shot the guy who was sleeping with his wife. When the act was finished, so was the anger. When they caught him he just confessed because he knew it was wrong. Besides, the wife was with the victim and called the police to tell them her husband had done it. What's he going to claim? Mistaken identity?

On a side note, I've been told by more than a couple of people, that if he had shot HER it would have been better for him.

Anyone have some (real) insight on that? :D

Montri69 said "Thais do not think the same way as non-asian countries do." :)

That is a very illogical and uninformed statement!

And your point is? Do you believe all Asians think the same way? Do the Japanese think the same as the Mongolians or Hmong? LOL. Every culture thinks and acts differently to some degree. Germans don't "think" the way US citizens do or the way the Spanish or Brazilians do.

You need to travel through Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, the Midle East, etc. People in some African countries confess quickly if quilty. Similar scenarios takes place en mass in other countries and cultures around the world.

Even with in segments of USA there are very divergent thoughts of how life should be

and how people interact. Boston and Atalanta or New York and L.A. or Chicago and Dallas Texas.

each thinks and acts and VOTES quite differently. You can see that divergence within TVF posters from USA.

So to say that this split between north and south here is an horrendous anomaly,

is really just over-stating an obvious world wide fact of life. What is also not different,

is the cynical manipulation by political forces bent on power,

attempting to control the mindsets of different regions for their own grasps at power.

See Fox News, D-TV, ASTV etc.

Edited by animatic

You mean with confessing the same kind of confession that was extracted from that self proclaimed American pedophile which was flown back first class only to figure out that he was not even in the country?

The problem with confessions is, especially in Thailand, that they hardly bear any weight. Half the poor inside prisons have confessed to a crime they did not or not commit on their own. The justice system is so flawed that you would ask Hun Sen to repair it. Without a lawyer present people get sentenced to life or worse. Have a look at how many times a Prime Minister, Minister of Justice or other hi-rake appears on TV and promises to catch someone within the next week. They always catch someone... not necessarily the one who did it. Besides if you have no money and appear in court you have two possibilities. Fighting the case, which you will lose due to lack of funds, or confessing which will half your sentence. Got the point?

I completely agree with you mythBuster..

from my own personal knowledge that they do indeed lock up the wrong people just to save face.

many people will make a confession and plead guilty because of lack of funds to pay for a lawyer. and then rather spending the full sentance behind bars they will co-operate with the police and go through those silly procedures so the courts will cut their jail time.

i feel very sorry for those people who do not have money/power to fight in the courts.

I believe it is a difference in philosophy...

In the west: It is better that 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man be imprisoned for a crime he did not commit

In Thailand: It is better to imprison one innocent man than to let 100 guilty men go free

Which do you think is better???

Let us not forget the unsafe convictions of the Guilforld four and the Birgmingham six in Britian. This was not Thailand or other so called third world countries but one of the forefront "first world countries". Any conviction could be unsafe due to political/popular pressure or coruption wherin the police or security forces must show a conviction at all costs. These have not been the only unsafe convictions in Europe, there are many. Generalisation about Countries, social indentities is a form of bigotry.

Montri69 said "Thais do not think the same way as non-asian countries do." :)

That is a very illogical and uninformed statement!

Is it ?? Why ??

Perhaps you should inform the whole field of comparative psychology that they are wasting their time. Or maybe you should try reading the wealth of books written on the subject that show clear scientific evidence that asians and westerners actually perceive the world differently, let alone how they act within that perception.

A geography of thought would be a good starter.

Once you accept that the above statement is not illogical or uninformed, then maybe we can start to process 'why' we see and think differently, what the roots of that are, what the results of that are and how to each adapt to the others thinking in the interests in harmony.

That is some very serious weaponry laid out on that table!! :)

For 2 guys, not really it's only one hand gun each and then you have a shotgun and 3 rifles. I have close to a dozen rifles, two shotguns and 3 handguns in my house in the US, and I also keep a 9mm in my car. So really for two people it's not much at all.

My one friend in the US (he owns a gun shop) has about 20 rifles in his house don't know about handguns as he has them hidden all over the house, now he has some serious firepower. (MP5/40, M1, SIG556, AR15 etc)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! yeh well, as we Aussies say "only in America"............no wonder that gun violence is rife in that country, glad i dont need to go there.