Bangkok Post Subscription

greg67

Hi Guys. I live in small village about 60km South of Surin. I was curious if anyone ever tried to subscribe to Bangkok Post and have it delivered daily in Isan? I tried to subscribe on their webpage but they will only deliver in Bangkok area. Is it possible to have it delivered daily by a local mailman?

Im lucky to see the local mailman twice a week and im in the " big " city . Well second biggest . I tried that too , not happening . I felt that I would be paying and not recieving the paper everyday . Now if I could only get broadband . But I AM more than 5 klicks from the TOT office so I must understand that also . :o

Hi Guys. I live in small village about 60km South of Surin. I was curious if anyone ever tried to subscribe to Bangkok Post and have it delivered daily in  Isan? I tried to subscribe on their webpage but they will only deliver in Bangkok area. Is it possible to have it delivered daily by a local mailman?

As you are probably aware the 'Bangkok Post' comes in to Surin about 09.30 To get it from here to where you live would probably take another day or two. Other alternative is pop in for a beer and read it in comfort. :o

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Bangkok Post subscription form you can only subscribe if you live in the Bangkok area.

If you buy it anywhere the price will remain bt20.

When I'm in Kalasin In can buy it after about 12.30pm.

totster :o

I can collect my papers (BP and Nation) after 13.00 hrs at the local shop.

As they never had any english language paper before they had to order it specially.

They even call me if the delivery is late, so I not drive my 2 1/2 km for nothing.

Of course price is 2x20 baht.

Very friendly people.

Missed one time in 4 months.

I am living about 20 km south of Korat.

Are you getting it delivered by a mailman?

No, it's from a news agent who also delivers other newspapers to people in this area. We just saw him riding by on a motorcycle with a bunch of Thai language papers and my girlfriend asked if he could deliver the Bangkok Post. He said "yes" and it's been coming daily ever since. He collects on delivery, or the next day if we're not home. Delivery time is quite variable: anywhere from 9:00 AM to about Noon.