Boat Schedules In And Out Of Koh Mak?

AleG

I'm thinking about going to Koh Mak next week's weekend. I haven't been there in a couple years so I can't remember the boat schedules.

Actually I searched around the Internet and found some schedules which seem OK for going in the island, leaving the Laem Ngob pier around 9 AM. However for the return all the schedules I've seen also leave in the morning or early afternoon, and I'd prefer to leave later in the day so as to spend more time in the island.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Haven't been there myself in a few years, but as I vaguely recall, it's about a six hour trip, so they go each way once (maybe twice?) a day, in order to arrive at the destination in the late afternoon. Which means an early departure, no matter which direction you're going.

Haven't been there myself in a few years, but as I vaguely recall, it's about a six hour trip, so they go each way once (maybe twice?) a day, in order to arrive at the destination in the late afternoon. Which means an early departure, no matter which direction you're going.

You must be thinking of the duration of the full trip from Bangkok to Koh Mak; the wet leg of the journey, by speed boat, takes 45 or 50 minutes only.

Here the schedules taken from the web site of koh mak Thai cooking school updated recently smilekohmak.com clic on how to come to koh mak on the left side of the web site ; to choose between the following options

Laem Ngop pier ( Main Land ) >> Koh Mak

1 /By wooden traditional boat 50 seats, journey time 3 hrs : (200 bath /person)

Departure Laem Ngop pier at 11:00 am / Arrival Koh Mak ( Ao Nid pier ) at 14:00 pm

Monday > Pano boat Departure KohMak 8.00 > +3h > Laem ngop

Tuesday >Pano boat Departure Laem ngop 11.00 > + 3h > KohMak

Wednesday > Neptune boat Departure KohMak 8.00 > + 3h > Laem ngop

Thursday > Neptune boat Departure Laem ngop 11.00 > + 3h > KohMak

Friday > KohMak Diving boat Departure KohMak 8.00 > + 3h > Laem ngop

Saturday > KohMak Diving boat DepartureLaem ngop 11.00 > + 3h > KohMak

separateur.gif

2/ By speedboat 2 engines, 30 seats, journey time 45 minutes :

( 450 bath /person) 2 companies Panan speed boat & Leelawadee speed boat )

A/ Panan express Speedboat :

pananexpress.JPG

1. Departure Laem Ngop pier at 14.00 / Arrival Koh Mak ( Koh Mak resort pier ) at 14:45 am

2. Departure Laem Ngop pier at 16:00 / Arrival Koh Mak ( Koh Mak resort pier ) at 16:45 am

3 Departure Koh Mak at 9.00 / Arrival Laem Ngop 9.45

4. Departure Koh Mak 13.00 / Arrival Laen Ngop 13.45

B/ Leelawadee Speedboat : Booking tel : 08 48 69 30 63 ( Mam )

1. Departure Laem Ngop pier 10:30 / Arrival Koh Mak ( Makathanee pier ) 11:15

2. Departure Laem Ngop pier 13:30 / Arrival Koh Mak ( Makathanee pier ) 14:15

3. Departure Koh Mak ( Makathanee pier ) 8.00 / Arrival Laem Ngop 8.45

4. Departure Koh Mak ( Makathanee pier ) 10.30 / Arrival Laem Ngop 11.45

I will probably go myself to koh mak this coming week ( wednesday 25 or thursday 26th ) So Will may be meet you on the boat !!! :) Yves

Thanks a lot for the schedules, very useful. However I won't be able to go to Koh Mak this weekend as I planned, so I'll make use of them in the future.

It's a pity that there are no boats living in the afternoon or early evening, it's such a waste to leave the island with still half a day left to enjoy.