Beer Bars & Transport

swingingguy

Hi,

I presume there are Beer Bars and or girlie bars at Ao Nang Beach, I expect it to be different to Patong but hoping there are a few places to find lovely Thai girls. Arriving mid May 2005 staying at La Playa.

Also is there a shared minibus between Phuket Airport and Ao Nang or Krabi?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I presume there are Beer Bars and or girlie bars at Ao Nang Beach, I expect it to be different to Patong but hoping there are a few places to find lovely Thai girls. Arriving mid May 2005 staying at La Playa.

Thanks in advance

Best of luck,, you will need it at Ao Nang, lovely spot but pickings are thin..

Hi,

Thanks in advance

There was two small beer bar areas in aonang.Well there was a couple of years ago.One at the southern end and one down a small side street more central.

Both area`s when I was there had poor disinterested pickings :o Alot of the bars were either closed or had no customers.

Would have though you could get a shared minibus from Phuket airport,but if quiet you may have to get a car.

Edited by niagarekoja

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Thanks in advance

In Ao Nang for your girlie bit of action there is 2 main places, Centrepoint and "the soi" (which has attracted names such as the soi of temptation/disappointment/temptation) make of it what you will, you will still have a good laugh down there. In centrepoint which is located just behind the main beach road you will find your beer bars, KR bar is a good one and if dont want to get hassled to much stay for a few drinks to liven yourself up and then tour centrepoint for when you do want to be hassled!

After these places the latest opening place is luna bar, round a bit on noparathara beach, alllthe local samlor drivers know all these places so getting lost is not an option!

Ao Nang is very different from the places you might be used to, but it offers a lot to a lot of tastes, you get allsorts passing through, from your backpackers to families to your, for want of a better word... deviants! It attracts a lot of repeat custom and could do with a boost this high season after a very tight one just gone.

its a good chill out place and you can get the lively side as well if you want, a short 50baht boat to tonsai beach could see you at a fulllmoon party of their own, you got rock clmbing scuba diving, kayaking, elephant trekking, temples, wat tam seua is awesome but knackering go after 2/3 oclock in the afternoon or you will burn out!

Although yes pickings can be thin, high season the boat arrives and a fresh stock offloads, but got to be quick before the local expats taint you choice!