Cooking/heating Gas Available In Los

I've heard there's two kinds of gas available for cooking/hot water heating in Thailand - natural and something called "picnic" gas?

I'm planning my hot water heaters to be brought from the states and 'am curious if any y'all know which I should set them up for?

Cheers,

Boon Mee

Tough one BM . I belive the " picnic " gas is propane and I think thats what I have . I will ask next time im in town .

Will the thread size of the pipe be compatable with you U.S. heater ? You could probally find one that it ......somewhere :o

There is no natural gas for consumers that I am aware of. What is used for cooking is LPG. For water heat it is normally on demand heater at point of use as very few homes will have anything but a cold (warm) water line and this is almost always electric these days as gas requires vents which homes with air-conditioning may not have.

There you go , lopburi to the rescue . Thanks , as always .

My gas hot water heater is located outside of the house , so no vents needed . I did have a shed type room built for it with a link fence door and the top 2 feet of the walls in the same material for airflow .

Cheers Boom Mee ,

Mine supplies hot water for two bathrooms that include 2 bathtubs , 2 sinks and the kitchen sink , has been in use everyday for 6 months and have not needed to change the tank yet :o