Alien Laborer Permits

I have a number of Cambodian friends and acquaintances who are working illegally in Thailand -- that is to say, they don't have passport, visa or work permit -- the work they are doing is nothing illegal. On the contrary, they're contributing to the local economy by filling low-paying jobs Thais don't want. Apparently the Givernment has introduced some kind of registrat ion system for such people but I have no idea how it works. Anybody know? Is it only for big companies with lots of staff or can small scale empliyees get registered (example: maids, handymen)? Any info would be much appreciated, currently these folks live in constant fear and get shaken down by the border police evreytime they try to bring their meager savings back home.

Have their sponsor (Thai) go to the Provincial Adminsitration and find the Labor Department. These people will be able to do it for you. There is a phycical and an annual fee involved. If you have trouble PM me a celluar number and my wife will be able to explain it to someone on your side in Thai. She knows the process, having gone through it with our Suzy, but, finds in difficult to explain in English.

By the way we have been blessed to have this Myanmar girl for almost three years now, for she speaks Thai and limited English, cooks farang, takes care of the kids, takes care of the garden and the entire house, as if it was hers. We can travel away and leave the house in her care without a worry. Better than a Thai wife and much cheaper too!!

If everyone had a Suzy like us then the farang in Thailand would not be so grumpy.

I think its 2800 a year and there is a minium wage that they earn, Mouse is right about the Provincial Adminsitration you cant just go to the local Amphur. We looked into it to get some staff for the farm, but I can't remember all the details and my wifes not here.