Moving To Thailand From The Uk Advice Please!

Hi to everyone! :D ,

we are newbies to this site, although we have looked on it a few times to get some tips we would like to ask you all out there for some help and advice about actually moving out to Thailand and buying a property or have one built?- ect,experieces ect?.

Firstly from what we have understood of buying property/land(when we out in thailand 2003) previously you had to either have your own business set up, or be married to a thai national?-is this correct?.

Today an english guy who is semi-retired and works in a greengrocer shop locally - had bought a house/farm with his thai partner some 2 years ago, told us

that you can now buy property in Thailand without the above conditions applying,can anyone clarify the Legalities of it all?.

We have also today sent an e-mail to tha Thai Embassy in london to clarify things as well so to speak,might get a reply?.

We are hoping to come over to Pataya soon May 2005 for a holiday and look for a house/property 3 bed minimum,but before we start on the looking venture we would like some help and maybe other peoples experiences of the move to thailand and what it entailed and how they have settled in to Thailand?.

Also what is the best way to buy property coming from the uk?,cash buy?,bankers draft,electronic transfer?-how have others of you done it,again some helpful advice much appreciated.

My female partner is now Retired at 67yrs old but is in very healthy and come from Malaysia and has lived in the uk for 40 yrs and holds a british passport as i do,we both have our own properties and income,but i would like to continue working as i am not retired for 15yrs yet.

Love You Long Time+ :D

Catherine :o

A foreigner can not normally own land of any type in Thailand. Marriage does not exempt you but the Thai half is free to own land now.

Condos are the only straight forward ownership.

Rent is a very real and good option in Thailand. Use it is my best advise.

Hi to everyone! :D  ,

we are newbies to this site, although we have looked on it a few times to get some tips we would like to ask you all out there for some help and advice about actually moving out to Thailand and buying a property or have one built?- ect,experieces ect?.

Firstly from what we have understood of buying property/land(when we out in thailand 2003) previously you had to either have your own business set up, or be married to a thai national?-is this correct?.

Today an english guy who is semi-retired and works in a greengrocer shop locally - had bought a house/farm with his thai partner some 2 years ago, told us

that you can now buy  property in Thailand without the above conditions applying,can anyone clarify the Legalities of it all?.

We have also today sent an e-mail to tha Thai Embassy in london to clarify things as well so to speak,might get a reply?.

We are hoping to come over to Pataya soon May 2005 for a holiday and look for a house/property 3 bed minimum,but before we start on the looking venture we would like some help and maybe other peoples experiences of the move to thailand and what it entailed and how they have settled in to Thailand?.

Also what is the best way to buy property coming from the uk?,cash buy?,bankers draft,electronic transfer?-how have others of you done it,again some helpful advice much appreciated.

My female partner is now Retired at 67yrs old but is in very healthy and come from Malaysia  and has lived in the uk for 40 yrs and holds a british passport as i do,we both have our own properties and income,but i would like to continue working as i am not retired for 15yrs yet.

You have to set up a Thai company in order to purchase land and a house we did it its really easy just make sure you get a good lawyer they look after the whole process for you, your estate agent can also help set this up but use a good one as estate agents are not regulated ion Thailand. We bought our house about 3 years ago and hope to move out to Thailand full time soon. There is a lot of property on the market get an agent to take you round and show you a load of propertys. Watch out for houses built to THai standards houses built to european standards are better.

Hi to everyone! :D  ,

that you can now buy  property in Thailand without the above conditions applying,can anyone clarify the Legalities of it all?.

My female partner is now Retired at 67yrs old but is in very healthy and come from Malaysia  and has lived in the uk for 40 yrs and holds a british passport as i do,we both have our own properties and income,but i would like to continue working as i am not retired for 15yrs yet.

You have to set up a Thai company in order to purchase land and a house we did it its really easy just make sure you get a good lawyer they look after the whole process for you, your estate agent can also help set this up but use a good one as estate agents are not regulated ion Thailand. We bought our house about 3 years ago and hope to move out to Thailand full time soon. There is a lot of property on the market get an agent to take you round and show you a load of propertys. Watch out for houses built to THai standards houses built to european standards are better.

Dave

I am in a position like yourself and have bought a house using a company set up.

I have been told by my lawyers that I need accounting monthly , audit annually ,etc. and they intend to charge something like 30,000 Bt per year.

What have you had to do after your purchase and what in the future

Any advice appreciated

Cheers