Non Immigrant O Visa

I have a Thai wife and been staying in Thailand for several years with "business visa" while employed, and with "non immigrant-o visa" when not.

With the latest requirements being having 400.000 on my bank account, with proof of origin from abroad, this means that I would have to send money out and back again, with the all the costs, ie T/T, exchange rates, etc..., this would be around 15.000 baht!!!

Is there any other way, to do this?

My wife has a high position at a foreign bank, thus our household has quite a reasonable monthly income based on her salary.

Ussually, the foreigner is the one supporting the Thai wife, but would it be possible to apply for the visa the other way around?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ok my turn?

I'm sure Lop will correct anything i say that is wrong anyways so here goes.

If you do not want to send the cash outside and back again. Take a day trip down to Loas or where ever (with the cash or cheque) and then transfer if back from there. Our Bank is located in Camodia as well so that works for us. When the times comes for your renewal it seems really how the person doing it likes you or not. They have not once asked us alot of things about the cash and where it comes from. If they did it would show it came from thailand to thailand. I have heard this depends on how sincere you look or act at that time.

Hope that idea helps.

I will now hand it back over to Lop

If you are employed here the foreign source is not required (and it is not usually an issue in any case from most reports).

The wife supporting you is not very much liked by officialdom but is possible on paper. Perhaps more likely in your next life than this however. :o

There is no need to have two types of visa. You can work on an O type support Thai wife visa.

If you are employed here the foreign source is not required (and it is not usually an issue in any case from most reports).

The wife supporting you is not very much liked by officialdom but is possible on paper.  Perhaps more likely in your next life than this however. :o

There is no need to have two types of visa.  You can work on an O type support Thai wife visa.

Lopburi : one question, please:

do you have any experience if the incoming money for supporting thai wife was - due to mistake - over a million, would Immi accept this transfer (if more than 400k left) for the next extension too?

or does the money has to be brought out and in again?

The wife supporting you is not very much liked by officialdom but is possible on paper.  Perhaps more likely in your next life than this however. :o

There is no need to have two types of visa.  You can work on an O type support Thai wife visa.

do you have any experience if the incoming money for supporting thai wife was - due to mistake - over a million, would Immi accept this transfer (if more than 400k left) for the next extension too?

They are interested in it being above 400k when you apply for extension each time and do not believe they will be checking every entry. As long as there are some signs of activity do not believe there would be any questions. And if questions were asked do not believe it would be a problem as long as it did not look as if you are employed here without legal status.

They are interested in it being above 400k when you apply for extension each time and do not believe they will be checking every entry. As long as there are some signs of activity do not believe there would be any questions. And if questions were asked do not believe it would be a problem as long as it did not look as if you are employed here without legal status.

Tks, that's exactly the answer I got at Immi too, just wondered you know anyone having done it before without problems! Anyway, I will keep the transfer confirmation for next year!

Last week I was renewing my O visa and had a long talk with the immigrations officials in Mae Sai. My wife is a doctor and I asked them if that changes the "man supporting wife" scenario. They said that the wife's salary could be included in the application. They also said that if a foreign woman marries a Thai male, she doesn't have to show ANYTHING. It is assumed the man is supporting her. Therefore, it shows the rules are based on archaic thinking but there is leeway.

Finally, regarding the 400 K savings, my wife has a savings account in the hospital cooperative that exceeds 400 K but immigrations says that account can not be used for my 400K requirement because it is in her name. In order to be valid it needs to be in both of our names. Interesting, her salary can be included but the savings in her name can not . . . :o