13 Dec Chiang Rai Bike Party

ray23

It's on GTrider buy posted a long time ago, so it may have fell though the cracks by now. We are going to be riding the area and I know we will be in Chaing Mai. thought if something was going on I would time it to be there that night.

Thanks for the response.

Coupel of guys in teh know about Chiang Rai and bike 'weeks' in the same sentence are:

Adul (Adoon) in the car rent place on the corner opposite the side of the Wiang Come Hotel and Anan in the Tattoo shop on Jedyod.

If I'm in town I'll ask for you

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ray,

I talked yesterday with the chairman of Fatbee Vespa and Lambretta Club and asked him about the 13th. He didn't know about it, but said his club was going the 19th to Huay Sak (from Chiang Rai to Thoeng after about 18 kms) to the school at the only traffic light of the village, at the main road of course. He said many big bikes would come.

Today I talked to Thaibasco (Black Rabbit HD) and he says he is getting crazy because almost everyday the celebrations are going on (Commanders City is upp, so are the naughty guys from Chiang Mai, aso, aso), party everyday.

Many Black Rabbits are in trouble because their bikes haven't plates. Even members who are in the police force can't. One guy, a very prominent person, well positioned, in CR got a fine of 60.000

There is a big party coming up with the Commanders and the Lights (?), but you should ask somebody who knows more about it.

I am the kind of guy who comes to look and enjoy the sound of the engines.

And to dream about old times that never come back again. Yes, it's me.

Limbo :)

post-6305-1260366911_thumb.jpg Thriumph Bonneville, a lot of fantasy and a HD rear wheel, 555! About 1974, oxygen please uh..uh..uh...

Edited because I think it was 1978, I mean it is already the way it is, so it doesn't have to get worse 555!

Edited by Limbo

Where was this taken- Petaluma, California? Olathe, Kansas?

In Dalby, but not the one in Queensland.

A little village close to Lund in the most southern part of Sweden, only 3 square kilometers big.

I was almost sure it was in 1978, but after a lot of soul searching I have to admit that it was 1974.

Dalby had, maybe still has, a transport company that allowed me to drive around all day with a magnificent

ladylike Scania 110 (an engine singing like a Singer sewing machine) or the beautiful beast Volvo N88

(hammering like a Black and Decker drill) and even paid me for doing so.

The bike took me from and back to Lund.

Concerning the bike meetings: I heard rumours that Nan will be next on the list and after that Payao.

Strange, as soon as it gets really cold these crazy guys wake up, push the starters and go camping.

Some even don't bother to take tents 555!

Limbo :)

post-6305-1260503457_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1260503524_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1260503565_thumb.jpg