BANGKOK 21 April 2019 02:04
Sign in to follow this  
alexth

Honda Pcx

Just noticed that a new Honda model is out; the Honda PCX. How is it? Anyone tried it out? Looks pretty nice from the pictures

From the colour scheme and stylish body work they will appeal to all the cute girlies. But as for mum 'n' dad 'n' the kids they may find the seat uncomfortable. Plus you can't carry much shopping!

The trunk seems big enough, unless you're not planning to carry an entire farm with you

Poster on here said he was going to test ride one on Sunday but no followup report.

Poster on GT-R says they are on sale in hua hin..

Not seen in the local honda on Phuket.

Poster on here said he was going to test ride one on Sunday but no followup report.

tryed to get one in Phuket town yesterday, but all they had was an internet picture :) 70k

Dont suppose you asked if the airblade was selling at the 'high season' price of 69k did ya ??

Dont suppose you asked if the airblade was selling at the 'high season' price of 69k did ya ??

na didnt. but I hope they still do, since my gf wants to sell her 4 months old at only 60k :)

Yeah,the Testride Poster is back now :D

Saturday i called again to the Dealer in phukettown:

sorry sir it was an misunderstanding,its a praesentation only for honda dealers in a Phuket town hotel,but monday you can make your testdrive for sure...

Ok,today i was in phukettown by the dealers shop,him has 2 black/brown PCXI 125 in the show room now.

Testdrive?can not sir,only for show,no drive,Big Boss has said.

But maybe friday we get one pcxi,special for everybodys testdrive... :D

The Manager told me the price would be roundabout 75000.-Baht :D

For the the moment i dont have anymore interesting about bying a pcx125i....

...because it looks same a plasticegg,and to expensive and no nice colours.

Maybe I will wait for the new Nuovo with more cc and fuel injection :)

sorry for my poor english!

Robinsons

Yeah,the Testride Poster is back now :D

Saturday i called again to the Dealer in phukettown:

sorry sir it was an misunderstanding,its a praesentation only for honda dealers in a Phuket town hotel,but monday you can make your testdrive for sure...

Ok,today i was in phukettown by the dealers shop,him has 2 black/brown PCXI 125 in the show room now.

Testdrive?can not sir,only for show,no drive,Big Boss has said.

But maybe friday we get one pcxi,special for everybodys testdrive... :D

The Manager told me the price would be roundabout 75000.-Baht :D

For the the moment i dont have anymore interesting about bying a pcx125i....

...because it looks same a plasticegg,and to expensive and no nice colours.

Maybe I will wait for the new Nuovo with more cc and fuel injection :)

sorry for my poor english!

Robinsons

Thought you would be lucky to get a testride. I called in to Yamaha in Patong to have a testride of a 2nd hand x1r. No chance the girl says, engineer says bike ok not need to test :D

Thought you would be lucky to get a testride. I called in to Yamaha in Patong to have a testride of a 2nd hand x1r. No chance the girl says, engineer says bike ok not need to test :)

LOL! TIT classic, I have to say.

Test driving is something new in Thailand. Apparently, in the days of old, you would go to your Honda or Toyota dealer, choose the model you like, pay, and _then_ get in it for the first time. But that's changing fast of course...

I'd be interested in a PCX. Was test driving the Scoopy-i here recently and wasn't very impressed. I feel like the Fino rides nicer. Technologically the scoopy-i is more advanced, of course. The PCX has some fancy fuel saving features I'd like to know more about.

If Honda is really getting into 70 k baht territory with the coming PCX 125, it stands poised to lose some serious market share here in Thailand. Yamaha from the time I'd first gotten interested in motorcycles were more performance orientated than Honda. Take a look at two "ancient models" from both companies. Note first the ratings at Bikez for the 1973 Yamaha RD 350 Bikez ratings of 1973 350 RD Yamaha Then look at the ratings for the 1973 Honda 350 CB 1973 Honda CB 350 Pictured is the 1973 Honda CB 9519_0_1_2_cb%20350_Image%20credits%20-%20tari.jpg

First off, the Yamaha 350 RD developed 39 horsepower way back then. It was a two stroke whereas the Honda was a four stroke developing 36 horsepower. It was bikes such as these that ran companies such as Triumph, BSA and Norton into hopeless decline because they were much cheaper, more reliable, and offered roughly the same performance level as those British 650's, and in the case of the Yamaha was every bit as fast. As I recall both machines were selling for about $1000 back in 1973. Looking at the CPI for both 1973 and 2009 the consumer price index has gone up 5 times. So one should figure that both Yamaha and Honda should be able to offer at least this much machine in 2009 for $5000. But both the coming 250 HOnda two stroke and the Kawasaki Ninja are selling for around 140,000 baht which is about $4300 today.

Now, the 350 RD Yamaha got poor fuel economy back then because it was a two stroke. But I'll wager that either bike was a better all around performer than either the current Ninja 250 or the coming Honda 250. Both have upright comfortable riding positions and both have long seats providing comfort for two.

So Honda's going to do a little price gouging and think that cutting edge technology is going to justify that? There must be a reason why the head man at my local Honda dealer told me 1. I think Yamaha Nouvo will be coming out with a 150 and 2. Honda is number one (in sales) in Thailand now but I think in the future Yamaha will be very dangerous for Honda."

Yamaha has actually had fuel injection for some time now but it's been in its manual transmission Spark, not the Nouvo Elegance. In fact it had liquid cooling and the 135 c.c. engine in the Spark before it had either in the Nouvo so it was only a matter of a short time that it would have these goodies in its top of the line Nouvo model. So one can expect to see fuel injection in the Nouvo Elegance soon. Also Honda has two automatics in this category, the 125 PCX i that's coming to Thailand soon and the 150 models that are currently being marketed in the U.S. and other places. So it would be a natural for Yamaha to be introducing a 150 c.c. automatic to compete against Honda's 150's in these markets. So, the Honda dealer's prediction that Yamaha will be introducing a 150 here in Thailand makes sense.

So what then? Honda will be offering a 125 PCXi that according to certain web sites will be selling for 70,000 baht, around 18,000 baht more than the current Nouvo 135 c.c. Elegance. And if Yamaha offers a still newer Nouvo Elegance which produces 150 cc's while offering fuel injection, particularly if it seriously undercuts Honda in price, what will happen to Honda market share then? WE are now talking 25 c.c's difference then. This would put the Nouvo in an entirely different category performance wise and even more capable of going cross country. And as for being able to save gas while at stoplights because the engine of the PCXi shuts down, I'd much rather have the extra performance of that extra 25 cc's than a little better fuel economy from city driving. Besides, Yamaha can always put in a slightly bigger fuel tank to give its new bikes increased range. So according to this scenario Yamaha will be replaying ancient History with its latest Nouvo Elegance offerings really tromping Honda's butt performance wise in the same measure that its old 350 RD kicked Honda's butt back in the early 1970's. Once again Honda will be expected to get better fuel economy but this time it won't do it decisively.

Edited by jackcorbett

There must be a reason why the head man at my local Honda dealer told me 1. I think Yamaha Nouvo will be coming out with a 150 and

With the elegance new out I really dont see another model coming down the pipe.

Bought a Black PCX today for 71k on the road :)

First impressions are it's a very smooth comfortable ride and the brakes are great. I had reservations about the looks but it looks a lot better in the flesh than in the pictures.

The idle stop works flawlessly.

Bought a Black PCX today for 71k on the road :)

First impressions are it's a very smooth comfortable ride and the brakes are great. I had reservations about the looks but it looks a lot better in the flesh than in the pictures.

The idle stop works flawlessly.

How does the Hybrid part of it work ??