Booking Flights

Hi. I'm booking a flight to Bangkok - plan to stay in Samui/Phuket etc for three months . I've heard the 60 day tourist visa plus 30 day extension is best way. So I'm thinking of booking my return flight for 90 days after my departure - will that land me in trouble with Thai immigration? Or should I book my ticket for 60 days, get the 30 day extension, then try to extend the departure date on my ticket?

Any other tips re: visas for a prospective three month (maybe longer, if possible) trip are very welcome.

Thanks.

(btw, I'm UK citizen, 39 yrs old)

Stringer

Hi. I'm booking a flight to Bangkok - plan to stay in Samui/Phuket etc for three months . I've heard the 60 day tourist visa plus 30 day extension is best way. So I'm thinking of booking my return flight for 90 days after my departure - will that land me in trouble with Thai immigration? Or should I book my ticket for 60 days, get the 30 day extension, then try to extend the departure date on my ticket?

Any other tips re: visas for a prospective three month (maybe longer, if possible) trip are very welcome.

Thanks.

(btw, I'm UK citizen, 39 yrs old)

Stringer

I dont think you will atleast I hope not , i have done the same thing . I am u.s. ctizn I would imagine try to apply as soon as possible though just to have your visa compared to your ticket .

As long as you have a visa there should not be a problem on the number of days later that your return flight departs.

I would make it 88-89 days rather than 90 just to be sure as your first day will count as day one even if you arrive at 2359 and even if you have the full time an immigration officer can pick up an unused stamp set for the previous day and you not catch it so always best to allow a little room for errors.

With any normal airline as long as he has a visa the time of return should not matter. He could easily tour Thailand, travel by land to another country and exit from Thailand months later. The airline is normally checking that you have return travel to make sure you meet entry without visa requirements - if you have a visa that is all they normally require.