How Easy Is It To Get A Multiple Entry Visa?

I want to come to Thailand to stay for at least a year with my wife and kids. Want to know the easiest way to get a long stay visa. We buy and sell silver in the UK so have been coming to Thailand for the past ten years so we could say that we are coming on business and want to source suppliers. We would like to buy a house so we are investing in the country. We have some money in the bank so that could be a source of investment.

Has anybody any ideas of whats the best way to get the visa.

cheers

If you can afford to deposit 3,000,000 baht in a low-interest bank account here, we can obtain an extened entry permit for you based on investment - and also for your dependents.

But - you need to come here on a non-immigrant visa issued by Thai diplomatic post in UK - single -entry, 90 day is fine. At a bit more expense, we can also work from a starting point of the whole family having Embassy-issued tourist visas.

The reference link is at:

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

At center top, select "Required Documents". This brings up vertical menu bar center of page. Select "Extend Your Stay" - then go to the very last category in that section "... to invest a minimum of 3 million baht..." - but - the site is not functioning right now (Songkran?).

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

If you can afford to deposit 3,000,000 baht in a low-interest bank account here, we can obtain an extened entry permit for you based on investment - and also for your dependents.

But - you need to come here on a non-immigrant visa issued by Thai diplomatic post in UK - single -entry, 90 day is fine. At a bit more expense, we can also work from a starting point of the whole family having Embassy-issued tourist visas.

The reference link is at:

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php

At center top, select "Required Documents". This brings up vertical menu bar center of page. Select "Extend Your Stay" - then go to the very last category in that section "... to invest a minimum of 3 million baht..." - but - the site is not functioning right now (Songkran?).

Thanks for the advice.

Dont' know about if I can afford to deposit 3,000,000 but if thats the only option then will have to do. If I get a single entry visa what happens if they refuse to extend my stay. Wouldn't it be better to get a multiple entry one to start with so that I know whats' happening in the future.

When does Songkran end. Have tried to contact the consulate in the UK and nobody's ansewing the phone

Cheers

Will wait until next week.

Will I need 3,000,000 per person or is this for the whole family?

Just one other quiestion. Is it easier to get visas in certain countries than others. I live in the UK and could apply at Hull and London. But could just as easily go over to mainland europe or Ireland.

Cheers

Avoid the embassy in London, from all we read here Hull is much easier.

Indo Siam can elaborate better than me, it's his job. :o

But said already, dependants, i.e. one investment for you, family will than be accepted as dep.

Will wait until next week.

Will I need  3,000,000 per person or is this for the whole family?

Just one other quiestion. Is it easier to get visas in certain countries than others. I live in the UK and could apply at Hull and London. But could just as easily go over to mainland europe or Ireland.

Cheers

3 Million for you will be sufficient, then the rest of the family come as you dependants.

Be aware you cannot buy a house with land in your own name!

Search in the property section about starting a company and using that as vehicle

to buy a house.

You can use your 3M to buy a NEW condominium and that will also qualify as investment

for the visa.