Tax Day! Where Is Fedex?

maesai

Just realized that I have to send my taxes tomorrow, and the Post office is closed.  FedEx is located at 462 Chiang Mai-Lampang Rd.  Anybody know where that is, exactly?

Take the airport road east from the Robinson Airport Plaza, hook a left onto the superhighway where Big-C is and stay very much to the left side while watching for the FedEx sign.. Can't remember if it is before or right after the Mitusubishi dealership but VERY close...

You are asking this on the 14th of April? Ummm, where ya been...? :o

Just realized that I have to send my taxes tomorrow, and the Post office is closed.  FedEx is located at 462 Chiang Mai-Lampang Rd.  Anybody know where that is, exactly?

Take the airport road east from the Robinson Airport Plaza, hook a left onto the superhighway where Big-C is and stay very much to the left side while watching for the FedEx sign.. Can't remember if it is before or right after the Mitusubishi dealership but VERY close...

You are asking this on the 14th of April? Ummm, where ya been...? :o

Actually I have been traveling. I always mail on or near the last day, but forgot about Songkran. It's a matter of principle! Thanks for the info. :D

People filing from overseas are allowed to file by the 15th of June without being fined:

You get an automatic two-month extension of your tax-filing deadline until June 15. And you don't have to file a form to qualify for this extension. You just get it. The Internal Revenue Service understands it takes time to get mail overseas.

That's the good news.

Now the bad news: If you owe U.S. tax, you will owe interest on that amount from April 17, everyone else's filing deadline, until you file your return. But you won't be charged a late-filing fee if you file by June 15.

Relax and have a beer!

Edited by sbk

Right. You don't even have to fill out a form. And two months from now, if you need a REAL extension, you begin with the one that residents in the USA are filling out today (Form 2868? the original, two month form). Unless the law has changed in two years - I'll research it further, if you'll pay me US$50 per hour.

Well, FedEx was closed. By the way, they are located located just north of Makro on the opposite side of the super. So I went by the airport, and the post office was indeed open. Was able to EMS no problem. I didn't want to file late as I owe money.