Tot Prefix Number 008

Crispy Duck

Back in June this year I got my phone bill from TOT and i was shocked to see that every time i used the pre-fix number 008 i was charged minimum rate of 7 THB weather it connected or not I was still charged to the extend that my phone bill was 3000 THB more because of this. So I went to the local office in Koh Chang and they just loughed it off and said it was not there problem. So I wrote a letter to the Customer Service Vice President @ TOT in BKK so they said they will investigate this so after 2 months I was told they made a mistake and they amended my bill. But in the mean time I checked my previous bills in fact for the last 24mths and I noticed every month there was this mistake, so I asked them, what about the last 24mths, and I am still waiting for an answer......6 months later I am still waiting and have ignored my emails phone calls and letters.

At the time of my complain the TOT manager at Koh Chang told me they rent the line (008)from CAT, and it's their fault not TOT. Just blame someone else it easy that way.

So I wonder if they are aware of this fact and the consumers are not aware maybe the amounts are low and not noticed by consumers (I would imagine 90% of the consumers are not Thais), but the question still remains how much money are TOT making from this SCAM.

Please check you phone bills from TOT and demand for a refund, if you noticed that you are charged for not being connected.

Almost everyone is changing their internet provider to CAT from TOT, even the manager of TOT office in Koh Chang uses CAT at home because he knows TOT is rubbish.

One word . . . . . Skype

Almost everyone is changing their internet provider to CAT from TOT, even the manager of TOT office in Koh Chang uses CAT at home because he knows TOT is rubbish.

Wondered why my TOT connection was working better than ever. Hope more people keep switching to CAT, keeps my download speed high :)

Changian

TOT Koh Chang is offering twice the old speed--for whatever service you currently have--for the same price

(mine is still 570 baht). They actually upgraded my service without telling me and I didn't know about it until I paid my monthly bill. It's now comparable to CAT most times of the day--maybe faster...

Maybe they've done the same to your line?

Edited by kbvicar

Changian

TOT Koh Chang is offering twice the old speed--for whatever service you currently have--for the same price

(mine is still 570 baht). They actually upgraded my service without telling me and I didn't know about it until I paid my monthly bill. It's now comparable to CAT most times of the day--maybe faster...

Maybe they've done the same to your line?

Not so bodered about the internet, just a word of warning to all user who dail 008 to call abroad..........check you phone bills so you know they are not over charging you